Nets behind Holker St
-
HarveyBallKendall
- New Member
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:32 pm
- Contact:
Nets behind Holker St
Another little kid age 6 got smashed in the face by the players training again before kick off doing the shooting drills and had to go to FGH seen this happen nearly every home game, We need to get a net up behind the Holker st end to protect our fans, We only club I've seen this year not have a safety net up behind the temporary goals, Farman said the other night to my mate it's not on and not safe he told someone in the club weeks ago and nothing still has been done yet needs addressing asap
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Nets behind Holker St
Pointed this out to CEO a few weeks ago. Not the HS end thoughHarveyBallKendall wrote: ↑Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:54 am Another little kid age 6 got smashed in the face by the players training again before kick off doing the shooting drills and had to go to FGH seen this happen nearly every home game, We need to get a net up behind the Holker st end to protect our fans, We only club I've seen this year not have a safety net up behind the temporary goals, Farman said the other night to my mate it's not on and not safe he told someone in the club weeks ago and nothing still has been done yet needs addressing asap
It's dangerous in that fanzone, 3, people got hit other week. At least in other parts of ground you can see the stray warm up shots coming
A women took one in face a few weeks ago.
-
Klaus Moogintaal II
- Member
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: Nets behind Holker St
It’s crazy.
That was the first thing I noticed when I first went there.
Needs sorting ASAP
That was the first thing I noticed when I first went there.
Needs sorting ASAP
Gods’ former athlete.
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Nets behind Holker St
Agree, top priority before the next home game before we injure someone else.
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Nets behind Holker St
Or get players who can hit the ball between the goal posts. 
-
John_Bucks
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Nets behind Holker St
Have we run out of things to moan about?
Feel for the kid involved but anywhere around the pitch is a lottery for 90 minutes.
Where do you draw the line? The Newport centre half managed to hit someone in the stand when he was removing a spare ball from the pitch.
Feel for the kid involved but anywhere around the pitch is a lottery for 90 minutes.
Where do you draw the line? The Newport centre half managed to hit someone in the stand when he was removing a spare ball from the pitch.
Life is always better when it's better
-
Klaus Moogintaal II
- Member
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: Nets behind Holker St
Difference being that I have my eye on the ball during the game but foolishly take my eye off it when sitting down enjoying a pint behind a fence.
Gods’ former athlete.
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Nets behind Holker St
It's not a moan. You sit on bench pre match behind a wall in fanzone and balls come flying in. You can't see them coming.John_Bucks wrote: ↑Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:43 pm Have we run out of things to moan about?
Feel for the kid involved but anywhere around the pitch is a lottery for 90 minutes.
Where do you draw the line? The Newport centre half managed to hit someone in the stand when he was removing a spare ball from the pitch.
Hope it's no one you know gets smacked with one without seeing it coming.
-
John_Bucks
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Nets behind Holker St
Okay, but the original post was at the Holker Street End, so like I say, where do you draw the line?boyliegladbach wrote: ↑Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:56 pmIt's not a moan. You sit on bench pre match behind a wall in fanzone and balls come flying in. You can't see them coming.John_Bucks wrote: ↑Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:43 pm Have we run out of things to moan about?
Feel for the kid involved but anywhere around the pitch is a lottery for 90 minutes.
Where do you draw the line? The Newport centre half managed to hit someone in the stand when he was removing a spare ball from the pitch.
Hope it's no one you know gets smacked with one without seeing it coming.
Life is always better when it's better
Re: Nets behind Holker St
You draw the line by putting a net up to protect those in the fanzone.John_Bucks wrote: ↑Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:48 pmOkay, but the original post was at the Holker Street End, so like I say, where do you draw the line?boyliegladbach wrote: ↑Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:56 pm
It's not a moan. You sit on bench pre match behind a wall in fanzone and balls come flying in. You can't see them coming.
Hope it's no one you know gets smacked with one without seeing it coming.
I’ve been in there before every home game this season and it is dangerous. You can’t see the balls coming. There have been several near misses (including a girl in a wheelchair) as well as the direct hits.
Needs sorting ASAP.
Re: Nets behind Holker St
Thing is the balls don’t just come in from Holker Street. The last Saturday home game they were coming off the Furness Rovers pitch into the fanzone as well.
WOULD YOU LIKE A MINSTREL??????
Re: Nets behind Holker St
We only club I've seen this year not have a safety net up behind the temporary goals
This isn't true that we are the only club to not have a safety net. I speak from bitter experience after the harrogate game. I was stood behind the temporary nets and got struck by the ball after a missed shot during the warm up. My cracked rib can testify that harrogate had no safety nets.
This isn't true that we are the only club to not have a safety net. I speak from bitter experience after the harrogate game. I was stood behind the temporary nets and got struck by the ball after a missed shot during the warm up. My cracked rib can testify that harrogate had no safety nets.
Re: Nets behind Holker St
I agree and I think it was me you were standing next to when it happened. hope you are getting bettertonebafc wrote: ↑Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:12 pm We only club I've seen this year not have a safety net up behind the temporary goals
This isn't true that we are the only club to not have a safety net. I speak from bitter experience after the harrogate game. I was stood behind the temporary nets and got struck by the ball after a missed shot during the warm up. My cracked rib can testify that harrogate had no safety nets.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Duff1976 and 34 guests