Phil Brown
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Phil Brown
Main Stand SeasonTct
"His standing in the modern game is seen as dinosaur like " Exactly who said this and when ?
" I wouldn't be against Macca being manager next season with someone like Danny Grainger "Again what is this based on ?
"His standing in the modern game is seen as dinosaur like " Exactly who said this and when ?
" I wouldn't be against Macca being manager next season with someone like Danny Grainger "Again what is this based on ?
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: Phil Brown
Wouldn't have been my choice, but Christ give the lad a chance and we'll see what happens. Be at Orient cheering the lads on.
-
Hitthebar22
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
- Contact:
Re: Phil Brown
blue nige wrote: ↑Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:47 amER the club contacted him!Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:32 pm I really hope I'm wrong, but there is something about him that I can't warm to. There are too many "if the truth be told", or "if I'm being honest". It's predictable soundbytes at this stage, who all things considered is an opportunist - out of work because he was poor, but now lucky to home in on Cooper's sacking. Definitely a watch this space in my opinion.
Of course they did - doesn't prevent him from being an opportunist. The interview was ok, but just a bit car salesman for me. Trying to be big buddies with everyone and become Mr Popular before a ball has been kicked. Would have preferred him to come a bit more measured. I'll still support the team 100%, and develop my view of Mr Brown as the season progresses.
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5249
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: Phil Brown
I think you already have!Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:37 amblue nige wrote: ↑Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:47 am
ER the club contacted him!
Of course they did - doesn't prevent him from being an opportunist. The interview was ok, but just a bit car salesman for me. Trying to be big buddies with everyone and become Mr Popular before a ball has been kicked. Would have preferred him to come a bit more measured. I'll still support the team 100%, and develop my view of Mr Brown as the season progresses.
Don't let the old man in.
Re: Phil Brown
Look at the clubs he's been sacked by - each one division lower than the last.blue nige wrote: ↑Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:50 amAgree Nobody can criticise the guy look at where he`s been and the club`s he`s managed sometimes I don`t know why the Director`s bother !Desmond2-2 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:26 pm I really hope he’s a success, cos you know what, I really like the guy going on what I’ve seen so far. A breath of fresh air and personality, after the Cooper debacle.
Everyone on here (presumably) wants him to do well, but you can't dress it up that because he's managed in the Premier League we're getting a Premier League quality manager. It's certainly fair to have doubts about his ability, and that's not going to change with one interview.
Re: Phil Brown
If he keeps us up that all we want hopefully the fact his assistant was here.should help but we had Quigley.
Not keen, but in all honesty who would have come here in such a short time.
He averaged a point per game when in charge of Southend .
If we can get a minimum of 9 points hopefully that will do.
Next season can look after itself.
The Directors should be thanked for what they have done to date who would want to their in their shoes .
We have had some dodgy people on the Board in the past these all seem to be pulling the same way.
Not keen, but in all honesty who would have come here in such a short time.
He averaged a point per game when in charge of Southend .
If we can get a minimum of 9 points hopefully that will do.
Next season can look after itself.
The Directors should be thanked for what they have done to date who would want to their in their shoes .
We have had some dodgy people on the Board in the past these all seem to be pulling the same way.
-
blue blue boy
- Senior Member
- Posts: 344
- Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:29 pm
- Contact:
Re: Phil Brown
Jeez some of you lot are depressing.
Phil Brown wouldn't have been my first choice but give the bloke a chance for God's sake. As for criticising his interview - seriously!!! Did you miss those given by Dunn Jolley et al. His interviews are truly a breath of fresh air and yeah a bit of positivity and optimism which if it rubs off on the team can only be a good thing surely.
I for one am more optimistic now than I was on Monday.
Phil Brown wouldn't have been my first choice but give the bloke a chance for God's sake. As for criticising his interview - seriously!!! Did you miss those given by Dunn Jolley et al. His interviews are truly a breath of fresh air and yeah a bit of positivity and optimism which if it rubs off on the team can only be a good thing surely.
I for one am more optimistic now than I was on Monday.
-
Toffeebluebird
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 609
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Phil Brown
A few questions?Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:32 pm I really hope I'm wrong, but there is something about him that I can't warm to. There are too many "if the truth be told", or "if I'm being honest". It's predictable soundbytes at this stage, who all things considered is an opportunist - out of work because he was poor, but now lucky to home in on Cooper's sacking. Definitely a watch this space in my opinion.
1: Have you seen his bank account, how do you know he is 'poor'?
2: Isn't everybody (most people) who takes a new job an opportunist, I mean most jobs have generally become available because another person has left. Added with the fact he was probably contacted rather than him apply for it, given the short turnaround.
3: Are you new to football? Show me a manager or player who has not at some time spoken a 'soundbite' and you will be showing me a manager or player that has never spoken to the media.
You are right though, we should be watching this space. As in what happens on the pitch, this is the only thing that matters at this time. Not how much money is in the managers bank account or what words he uses in front of the media.
If you can't warm to him, that is fine but I think your reasoning is a bit out there.
-
behind the goals
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2243
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Phil Brown
The board has made a big mistake not asking the forum moaners who to appoint for the managers job, at the end of the season should also ask the same moaners to take over the club, yes the board have made mistakes but I wonder if the constant criticism is getting to much, people always say someone else will take over the club so we will be ok, lets see what happens when that day comes. All the best Phil Brown & Neil McDonald.
Re: Phil Brown
He’s had an impressive itinerary so far;
Yesterday he had a visit round the back streets of Hindpool followed by a trip past our world famous shipyard.
He’s yet to discover like so many others the unrivalled splendour of a bottle of SASS, now that would be a senses overload and a near impossibility. I’m sure he doesn’t expect the impossible and neither should we!
Yesterday he had a visit round the back streets of Hindpool followed by a trip past our world famous shipyard.
Last edited by McMark on Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5249
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: Phil Brown
I think Htb22 meant he was poor at his previous job not that he was financially challenged.Toffeebluebird wrote: ↑Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:47 amA few questions?Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:32 pm I really hope I'm wrong, but there is something about him that I can't warm to. There are too many "if the truth be told", or "if I'm being honest". It's predictable soundbytes at this stage, who all things considered is an opportunist - out of work because he was poor, but now lucky to home in on Cooper's sacking. Definitely a watch this space in my opinion.
1: Have you seen his bank account, how do you know he is 'poor'?
2: Isn't everybody (most people) who takes a new job an opportunist, I mean most jobs have generally become available because another person has left. Added with the fact he was probably contacted rather than him apply for it, given the short turnaround.
3: Are you new to football? Show me a manager or player who has not at some time spoken a 'soundbite' and you will be showing me a manager or player that has never spoken to the media.
You are right though, we should be watching this space. As in what happens on the pitch, this is the only thing that matters at this time. Not how much money is in the managers bank account or what words he uses in front of the media.
If you can't warm to him, that is fine but I think your reasoning is a bit out there.
Don't let the old man in.
- 32mile_cul-de-sac
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2443
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 pm
Re: Phil Brown
Here Here, for a 9 game appointment PB is the perfect fit for me, long term a no.blue blue boy wrote: ↑Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:45 am Jeez some of you lot are depressing.
Phil Brown wouldn't have been my first choice but give the bloke a chance for God's sake. As for criticising his interview - seriously!!! Did you miss those given by Dunn Jolley et al. His interviews are truly a breath of fresh air and yeah a bit of positivity and optimism which if it rubs off on the team can only be a good thing surely.
I for one am more optimistic now than I was on Monday.
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: Phil Brown
Agreed, imagine when the proposition of taking over the club via a consortium was first put to the interested parties. ‘So what’s in it for me?’ ‘Well a lot of time, money and hard work, a fair amount of criticism for an £800k annual loss.’ Would there be many takers on here?Pedro wrote: ↑Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:24 am If he keeps us up that all we want hopefully the fact his assistant was here.should help but we had Quigley.
Not keen, but in all honesty who would have come here in such a short time.
He averaged a point per game when in charge of Southend .
If we can get a minimum of 9 points hopefully that will do.
Next season can look after itself.
The Directors should be thanked for what they have done to date who would want to their in their shoes .
We have had some dodgy people on the Board in the past these all seem to be pulling the same way.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Phil Brown
By no means over excited by the appointment but dinosaur etc is easy to say. Sometimes a manager just fits well hopefully we get that. He obviously has some calibre.
We know all to well a young and trendy manager doesn’t always work either or even a seemingly league 2 steady hand.
He might not be an over complicated manager but is football a complicated game? Cheltenham won the league last year launching long throws into the box every 5 minutes.
We know all to well a young and trendy manager doesn’t always work either or even a seemingly league 2 steady hand.
He might not be an over complicated manager but is football a complicated game? Cheltenham won the league last year launching long throws into the box every 5 minutes.
Bish=God
- Bigfathoss
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2767
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: Phil Brown
I am positive that even if we were officially managerless for the remainder of the season then we would still stay up. We have coaches, we have senior players and captains. They can fall into the empty spaces of control in the interim. What we have here is a chance to instill a bit of pride back into the play. To make the football good to watch again. If this is under PB then by all means give him another season too. If nothing changes then all we have done is put someone in the chair for a few games. No harm, no foul.
What I WOULD say is to the players. We have seen how good you can be. The performances recently have been insulting to everyone who reaches into their pocket every other week. Banks, Gotts and Stevens at the start of the season looked like world beaters!
If the former manager was the problem then I worry about the backbone in the team. Have the balls to call out the bad managers if they are there. The BAFC fans are behind YOU primarily, not any manager.
What I WOULD say is to the players. We have seen how good you can be. The performances recently have been insulting to everyone who reaches into their pocket every other week. Banks, Gotts and Stevens at the start of the season looked like world beaters!
If the former manager was the problem then I worry about the backbone in the team. Have the balls to call out the bad managers if they are there. The BAFC fans are behind YOU primarily, not any manager.
A=A
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Big_Bluebird, Esso Blue, russell_anderson, tommy2thumbs and 16 guests