Realistic expectations
-
_bluebird_
- Senior Member
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:49 pm
- Contact:
Realistic expectations
The squads starting to take real shape now and we have a good idea of who will be playing next season. After just about limping over the line last outing, where do we realistically think next season will take us?
Re: Realistic expectations
Honestly from me I want to Play this season down. I’ll be happy to be mid table and better than Carlisle. Safety soon after Christmas and I think it will be a good year one for wild and his team.
-
John_Bucks
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Realistic expectations
Steady progress on and off the pitch.
That’s all from me.
That’s all from me.
Life is always better when it's better
Re: Realistic expectations
Stay up comfortably hopefully, on the beach in early April. Anything else is a bonus.
Popular side since '03.
-
_bluebird_
- Senior Member
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: Realistic expectations
I agree with all of the above completely. Would be nice to draw more fans through the gates as well if possible. Shame all the adult open age games overlap with 3pm kick offs or I'm sure that alone would see more through the gates
-
Hitthebar22
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
- Contact:
Re: Realistic expectations
Just a bit of fun - no idea how or who Wild will play yet, but just consider this back 5, from a height perspective
Nwaboukei 6'2"
McClelland 6'3"
Ray 6'4"
Canavan 6'4"
Brough 6'3"
Should be better at set pieces than last season
Nwaboukei 6'2"
McClelland 6'3"
Ray 6'4"
Canavan 6'4"
Brough 6'3"
Should be better at set pieces than last season
Re: Realistic expectations
I almost always think our signings pre-season look promising and then some turn out to be duds_bluebird_ wrote: ↑Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:09 pm The squads starting to take real shape now and we have a good idea of who will be playing next season. After just about limping over the line last outing, where do we realistically think next season will take us?
It's impossible to predict this season. Can Wild cut it as a manager in EFL? Three signings who are stepping up from National League and one a youngster from a Premiership development squad - how will they adapt to EFL? Once again, I feel that things look promising, but keeping my expectations in check!
- Mark Johnson
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2329
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:04 pm
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: Realistic expectations
I think Wild will have been given a target of mid-table from the board.
We can't expect to having the 2 seasons we've had straight to challenging the playoffs, so I would be happy if we were one of those teams with nothing to play for for the last 6 games.
We can't expect to having the 2 seasons we've had straight to challenging the playoffs, so I would be happy if we were one of those teams with nothing to play for for the last 6 games.
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Realistic expectations
Really too early to tell. Once the pre-season starts we’ll get some indication of potential I guess. Suggest we try and forget the last two years and approach this season as if it were our first. Clearly for PW it sort of will be (I know he did spend time at Oldham).. I expect that freshness to be reflected initially in the way we play and there will be ups and downs.
I do find the selection of the new players interesting and you can see that thought has gone into the process. I want to feel optimistic but the experience of two seasons of toil sits heavy. I”ll be there whatever.
I do find the selection of the new players interesting and you can see that thought has gone into the process. I want to feel optimistic but the experience of two seasons of toil sits heavy. I”ll be there whatever.
Re: Realistic expectations
Think we will still do better then last season but think we will still struggle up front. But safety will always be the priority 
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: Realistic expectations
Nwabouki is a midfielder. Tyrell Warren however is a defender and is 6'0"Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:37 pm Just a bit of fun - no idea how or who Wild will play yet, but just consider this back 5, from a height perspective
Nwaboukei 6'2"
McClelland 6'3"
Ray 6'4"
Canavan 6'4"
Brough 6'3"
Should be better at set pieces than last season
Lancashire;- born and bred
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Realistic expectations
This, Our defenders hardly scored last time out but with this added height these lads should really bag 10/12 goals between them at set pieces!Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:37 pm Just a bit of fun - no idea how or who Wild will play yet, but just consider this back 5, from a height perspective
Nwaboukei 6'2"
McClelland 6'3"
Ray 6'4"
Canavan 6'4"
Brough 6'3"
Should be better at set pieces than last season
Hopefully stiffen up at the other end as well, So encouraging really.
-
AugustusCorpa
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1707
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Realistic expectations
Mid table finish and we do the double with Carlisle.
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Realistic expectations
I’d take comfortable lower mid table all day.
Couple of cup round progressions and it’ll be happy days.
Anything but the nerves of the last 2 seasons.
Couple of cup round progressions and it’ll be happy days.
Anything but the nerves of the last 2 seasons.
Bish=God
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9884
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Realistic expectations
Please….just safe for most of the season - and especially after Christmas, no supporter should have to go through scraping to safety in the last couple of weeks twice on the bounce, definitely not three!
One or two good cup runs, some decent football, gates improving again and looking forward to another season at this level by Feb Mar…happy!
One or two good cup runs, some decent football, gates improving again and looking forward to another season at this level by Feb Mar…happy!
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Main Stand SeasonTct, pjturley and 37 guests