Season tickets

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
bamber678
Bronze Member
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:18 pm
Location: Dalton
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by bamber678 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:43 am

Big_Bluebird wrote: ↑Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:15 pm Peoples shift patterns in BAE will affect season ticket sales you’d imagine. The club should offer a flexi ticket. Pay a lump sum for 10 games but it can be used for any 10 games or even 5 with a slightly less discounted price than a season ticket gives you
Don’t think shifts would affect sales, get Saturdays off and finish at 18:50 so plenty of time to get from BAE to holker street before kick off on a Tuesday night

Big_Bluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1398
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by Big_Bluebird » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:55 am

Not everyone is on a flat 5 day week with weekend off. I know lots of people who would have a season ticket if it wasn’t for their shift pattern

mickmike wilson
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5435
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by mickmike wilson » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:26 pm

LDBF wrote: ↑Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:03 am Would the holder of Flexi Season Ticket have first dibs for a ticket for the home game for the F.A. Cup 3rd round v Liverpool? :lol:
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :skill: :skill:
In a word, NO!

Back of the net
Senior Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:25 am
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by Back of the net » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:34 pm

Unless you can commit to all the home games a ST isn’t really value for money. I purchased 1 last season but wont be bothering again purely because I struggle to make midweek games.

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by blue nige » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:04 pm

bamber678 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:43 am
Big_Bluebird wrote: ↑Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:15 pm Peoples shift patterns in BAE will affect season ticket sales you’d imagine. The club should offer a flexi ticket. Pay a lump sum for 10 games but it can be used for any 10 games or even 5 with a slightly less discounted price than a season ticket gives you
Don’t think shifts would affect sales, get Saturdays off and finish at 18:50 so plenty of time to get from BAE to holker street before kick off on a Tuesday night
yeah it's that simple !🙄 example you could have just finished working the full six shifts believe me not many would come to Holker Street after doing those!

User avatar
bamber678
Bronze Member
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:18 pm
Location: Dalton
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by bamber678 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:46 pm

blue nige wrote: ↑Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:04 pm
bamber678 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:43 am

Don’t think shifts would affect sales, get Saturdays off and finish at 18:50 so plenty of time to get from BAE to holker street before kick off on a Tuesday night
yeah it's that simple !🙄 example you could have just finished working the full six shifts believe me not many would come to Holker Street after doing those!
It literally is that simple 😂 finish work just under an hour before kick off 😂 also every 8 weeks that happens and if you want to support your team you wouldn’t let that stop you. Like mentioned above, if you can’t physically make every game then it’s not viable getting a ST and a flexible ticket system would be beneficial for those people.

mickmike wilson
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5435
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by mickmike wilson » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:29 am

blue nige wrote: ↑Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:04 pm
bamber678 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:43 am

Don’t think shifts would affect sales, get Saturdays off and finish at 18:50 so plenty of time to get from BAE to holker street before kick off on a Tuesday night
yeah it's that simple !🙄 example you could have just finished working the full six shifts believe me not many would come to Holker Street after doing those!
It’s hardly physically demanding work in the yard isn’t it?

Tomo
Senior Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:17 am
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by Tomo » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:08 am

I'm a bit old and not very good with new technology but is the email I've received with a bar code the new season ticket replacing the card we used to have?

Methuselah
Silver Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by Methuselah » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:20 am

I rang the office about when we were going to get our season tickets and was told they had received the cards and were in the process of printing peoples names on them.I was also told that we would be informed by email when they would be ready to pick up .

User avatar
chipmunx
Gold Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
Location: Fortress Holker Street
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by chipmunx » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:22 am

Tomo wrote: ↑Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:08 am I'm a bit old and not very good with new technology but is the email I've received with a bar code the new season ticket replacing the card we used to have?
i'd think they will send out a credit card sized plastic season ticket with QR code on the back like they did last season and the season before.
Lancashire;- born and bred

User avatar
Esso Blue
Senior Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by Esso Blue » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:28 am

I don’t know about that. I got an email yesterday saying it was from Alisha Henry but the content and the naming of the attachment immediately made me wonder whether the account had been hacked or spoofed. I certainly did not want to open an attachment on an email like that. I phoned the club to check and they told me it was genuine, so I expressed my opinion about the quality (or lack thereof) of the mail. I can’t believe how truly awful that mail was. I still haven’t risked opening the attachment, not from fear of electronic infection, but from what communication horrors it may contain.
Combined with things like the fact that there is no announcement on the club website about Luke James’ departure, which I find disrespectful to him, the lack of a media manger shouts itself loudly. I hope other aspects of the club are working far better than this.
Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom.....

John_Bucks
Gold Member
Posts: 2368
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by John_Bucks » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:32 am

Esso Blue wrote: ↑Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:28 am I don’t know about that. I got an email yesterday saying it was from Alisha Henry but the content and the naming of the attachment immediately made me wonder whether the account had been hacked or spoofed. I certainly did not want to open an attachment on an email like that. I phoned the club to check and they told me it was genuine, so I expressed my opinion about the quality (or lack thereof) of the mail. I can’t believe how truly awful that mail was. I still haven’t risked opening the attachment, not from fear of electronic infection, but from what communication horrors it may contain.
Combined with things like the fact that there is no announcement on the club website about Luke James’ departure, which I find disrespectful to him, the lack of a media manger shouts itself loudly. I hope other aspects of the club are working far better than this.
Confused as to what was so bad about the email. I received one also as I bought a season ticket for my daughter and it was a nice touch I thought. A little insight and a warm welcome into the season ticket community.
Life is always better when it's better

Methuselah
Silver Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by Methuselah » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:53 am

I can't understand what Esso Blue is complaining about.I thought the email thanking me for buying a season ticket was a nice touch .If he is worried about opening emails with attachments he should have anti virus software which warns you when an email is not genuine.He also has to understand that the cost of everything has increased massively,so I can understand why the club has had to get rid of people not connected with the playing staff.The club has also to invest heavily in alterations to the ground,so surely the ground and playing staff are the two priorities.The priority has to be results on the pitch.
The rest can come later for me. Onwards and upwards.I have a good feeling about this season :scarf: :scarf:

User avatar
Bombadel
Silver Member
Posts: 1459
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by Bombadel » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:45 am

Absolutely nothing wrong with the email from Alisha, just a thank you , decent that we’ve sold more than last year

User avatar
Esso Blue
Senior Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Season tickets

Post by Esso Blue » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:29 pm

I'm not complaining about the sentiment or idea of the email. I think it's good that the club wants to thank season ticket buyers. I am, however, very concened at the execution. I was not prepared to open an attachment on an email that looked like this.
Email screenshot
Email screenshot
Screenshot 2022-07-06 122335.png (5.08 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
We get regular training at work to delete emails like this immediately. We have simulated phishing attacks that are far more sophisticated than this. If you are happy to open attachments titled 'Thank you' on emails with no context or reference, then I wish you luck.
Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom.....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bruce, Stephen Leonard and 13 guests