Pete Wild on R5
Pete Wild on R5
On pete wild on Radio 5 live good interview maybe listen on catch up
Re: Pete Wild on R5
Came over really well as always, level headed and humble.
-
ossickbluebird
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 617
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pete Wild on R5
That is a good interview, he seems to have some good contacts in the game and is the type of guy other clubs want there young players to be coached by. Hats off to the board for getting him in
Re: Pete Wild on R5
Anybody got the link for the interview
Re: Pete Wild on R5
Early doors but think Pete wild is class. I’d of happily appointed phill brown after that forest green win last year lad what difference a few months can make
-
ossickbluebird
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 617
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pete Wild on R5
Anyone who wants to hear the interview go on to BBC Sounds, 5 Live tonight and it's at 20:19
-
Hitthebar22
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
- Contact:
Re: Pete Wild on R5
Another excellent interview, this time with a rather glib BBC commentator/pundit, and also Ryan Lowe - a professional Scouser who has had a decent career and now Preston manager. Very different from our excellent Adam, but yet again PW talks very well and is an absolute breath of fresh air. What a difference from the Brown platitudes and the Cooper closed shop. Was obvious Lowe holds him in high regard and hasn’t ruled out a loan signing our way, maybe later in the season. Humility, decency and passion counting for a lot and I think we are very very lucky to have him. He obviously has a high regard for our owners, and reading between the lines those at Oldham didn’t do it for him. It’s a real eye opener when he says he will only sign “decent lads”, first and foremost.
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Pete Wild on R5
Who hosted the show or what time did the show start so I can find it??
Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance
-
Matty Bassdriver
- Senior Member
- Posts: 465
- Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:08 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pete Wild on R5
Great interview. Starts at 1:19:06:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001b0bf
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001b0bf
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Pete Wild on R5
Thanks for that Matty,Matty Bassdriver wrote: ↑Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:27 pm Great interview. Starts at 1:19:06:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001b0bf
Pete wild is better than Evatt IMHO, I’m not basing this on 3 games, I’m basing this on the caliber of the man & the ways he conducts himself, the way he does his business, We are bound to lose him within 2 hopefully 3 yrs as he is destined for far bigger clubs than us sadly & I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him in L1 or even the Championship much further down the line, He oozes class & integrity & we need to back him to the hilt as he can take us places before the inevitable happens.
We are bound to hit a few sticky patches along the way & I hope the natives see sense & cut him some slack as we will progress under his stewardship I’ve no doubt about it.
Pinned my flag to the mast very early here
Re: Pete Wild on R5
Cheers for the link, nice insight into things behind the scenes, seems like a good approach from Ryan Lowe, saying take one of his players for free on loan, only start paying the wages if he plays or not, high praise from Ryan as well for Pete.
Re: Pete Wild on R5
The banter between PW and RL hinting of loanee deals in future was interesting. The latter doesn't expect clubs who take on his loanees to pay their wages unless they are actually playing. He also spoke highly of Aaaron Bennet who has gone on loan to Alty for three months and got MOTM on his debut at the weekend. From what he was saying he could be looking for a step up in level in January. Watch this space.
- sempre contigo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3091
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 10:46 am
- Location: North Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Pete Wild on R5
I love him!
I was trying not to get carried away… but I’m smitten!
I was trying not to get carried away… but I’m smitten!
Trudging slowly over wet sand
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Pete Wild on R5
Early days yet but very impressed so far. Its not surprising that he has been a manager in demand. It was probably touted for most vacancies during his time at halifax and showed tremendous loyalty to them. He will manage in league 1 and I think it will be us.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Hendoblue, John_Bucks, Wintergreen and 26 guests