Whether that's true or not, how does it qualify as a 'conspiracy theory'?
Billy waters
Re: Billy waters
Bit small for this league for me. I think Josh Kay having a good season limited him a bit good luck to him.
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
Unbelievable isn’t it, Some just seek out negativity & revel in it, must lead a sad life,Matty wrote: ↑Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:00 pmDo you watch 9/11 conspiracy theories every night?2 doors up wrote: ↑Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:19 pm
My thoughts exactly. Short of money so get the season tickets on sale early and cash in on a few assets. Need the ground upgrades or we end up in non league.
I see this as good business all round, PW wouldn’t have sold Billy if he was in his plans, We get a fee for a free player, Billy probably got a pay rise & wont hardly play unless there’s injuries or suspensions, Saves us his wage while Pete tries out different combos etc & BSB will probably be primed & ready for next season to play along with Garner & Flash if Pete believes he’s ready or maybe another loan in a higher league until he’s ready for L2 footy.
-
liverpoolann
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 913
- Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
Surprised at this liked Billy worked hard and scored some useful goals.Where does that leave us now as can see our season tailing off as in my humble opinion we need more people who can score not less.I know we not getting relegated but feel last few games we going to struggle more and slide down table and really wanted us to finish on positive note.Perhaps manager can explain thinking behind this move.
Re: Billy waters
Good luck, Billy.
Worked hard in a variety of roles but never really as the striker that he had apparently been at Halifax and that I had imagined when he was signed and the manager declared We have our number 9.
Worked hard in a variety of roles but never really as the striker that he had apparently been at Halifax and that I had imagined when he was signed and the manager declared We have our number 9.
THE NORTHERN WAY
Re: Billy waters
Surprised - not so much that we released him but that Wrexham, who seem certainties for EFL next season, would sign him.
- 32mile_cul-de-sac
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2443
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 pm
Re: Billy waters
A player probably on the move anyway at the end of the season so to get money for him is a bonus, good luck Billy. Wrexham looking to bolster there squad for the run in.
Re: Billy waters
Personally I'm not going to be losing sleep over this. Not a bad lad at all effort-wise but we simply have to hope we can find better, even if just a little bit better. I'm just glad it's not Brough that Wrexham came a chasing . . .
- Van Der Nipper
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2886
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
They don't need to chase Brough,he's a free agent in a couple of months.
ISC in the community liason officer-since 7th April 2009
-
Big_Bluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1398
- Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
Anyone on the bread isle heard how much the fee was?
I see Wrexham are singing Ben foster aswell
I see Wrexham are singing Ben foster aswell
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3247
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
£25k was mentioned on the Wrexham forum. After the hype when we signed Waters I’ve personally been a little disappointed in him. Granted he has been playing in a slightly different role than he played at Halifax. Hat trick apart he has hardly been prolific. Can’t fault his effort but I think he has struggled at times with the step up to league 2. He cost us nothing we got a fee for a no more than average player IMO. Good luck to himBig_Bluebird wrote: ↑Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:29 am Anyone on the bread isle heard how much the fee was?
I see Wrexham are singing Ben foster aswell
Re: Billy waters
Ben Foster signed.Big_Bluebird wrote: ↑Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:29 am Anyone on the bread isle heard how much the fee was?
I see Wrexham are singing Ben foster aswell
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests