Barrow v Grimsby Town, match thread
Re: Barrow v Grimsby Town, match thread
The referee was the best I've seen all season. Didn't fall for anything.
Popular side since '03.
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5249
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Grimsby Town, match thread
Adam and Matt Henney in commentary thought, a couple of decisions apart, the ref was quality. He let the game flow and allowed tackles that other nit-pickers would have pulled up.
Don't let the old man in.
-
behind the goals
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2242
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Grimsby Town, match thread
First time this season at home leading 2-0 at half time

-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Grimsby Town, match thread
Just a thought...
Where would we be now if Cole had been with us since day one?? He's made an impact for sure and has fitted in really well..
Where would we be now if Cole had been with us since day one?? He's made an impact for sure and has fitted in really well..
- Bigfathoss
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2767
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Grimsby Town, match thread
He was lost. It didn't look like he knew what to do. It must be daunting, I am sure, but we could barely hear Cum On Feel The Noise, he missed the music for the first two goals, and, as you say, missed the first half added time and then called it extra time for the second half.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:14 pmHe was awful. Missed the music for our first goal. Didn't announce the extra minutes at the end of the first half and totally missed two of our subs.Desmond2-2 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:04 pm
I actually thought the Tannoy guy was rather good today, he created more of an atmosphere with his voice, a rawness of what a football ground announcer should feel.
A=A
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.
Re: Barrow v Grimsby Town, match thread
Music was just too loud at halftime it was like being in the Fanzone when we have a do.Bigfathoss wrote: ↑Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:04 pmHe was lost. It didn't look like he knew what to do. It must be daunting, I am sure, but we could barely hear Cum On Feel The Noise, he missed the music for the first two goals, and, as you say, missed the first half added time and then called it extra time for the second half.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:14 pm
He was awful. Missed the music for our first goal. Didn't announce the extra minutes at the end of the first half and totally missed two of our subs.
Last edited by McMark on Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3247
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Grimsby Town, match thread
Lets just be thankful that its rare the Barrow Raiders games clash with ours and its predominantly the excellent Daz Herbert on the tannoy.McMark wrote: ↑Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:26 pmMusic was just too loud at halftime it was like being in the Fanzone when we have a doBigfathoss wrote: ↑Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:04 pm
He was lost. It didn't look like he knew what to do. It must be daunting, I am sure, but we could barely hear Cum On Feel The Noise, he missed the music for the first two goals, and, as you say, missed the first half added time and then called it extra time for the second half.
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: Barrow v Grimsby Town, match thread
Tony does all right but its not easy, subs are harder than they look to do.
They only let me do it once in an emergency, in a pre season friendly vs Wukkies and by God it won't happen again!
They only let me do it once in an emergency, in a pre season friendly vs Wukkies and by God it won't happen again!
Re: Barrow v Grimsby Town, match thread
I remember that one! You did OK.
As you say, not as easy as people think.
As you say, not as easy as people think.
THE NORTHERN WAY
Re: Barrow v Grimsby Town, match thread
Anyone listened to the deluded Grimsby managers post match interview 





-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Grimsby Town, match thread
I did as soon as I got home.
And I quote. " The referee was a disgrace" I can't say too much as I'll get
in trouble. But he looked as if he was part time. "We dominated most of the possession, gave them 2 goals, etc, etc. As the saying goes..... He was watching a different game to what I and most were.What a sad way to end your Saturday




And I quote. " The referee was a disgrace" I can't say too much as I'll get
in trouble. But he looked as if he was part time. "We dominated most of the possession, gave them 2 goals, etc, etc. As the saying goes..... He was watching a different game to what I and most were.What a sad way to end your Saturday
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests