On his way

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
EABluebird
Member
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:15 pm
Contact:

Re: On his way

Post by EABluebird » Sat May 18, 2024 10:18 am

The very fact that this story had gained traction is because it’s eminently believable.

When I posted on here after the play off calamity I stated that I wanted PW to first admit he failed in his objective; to show some contrition and explain how he plans to fix it for next season.

None of those things have happened.

I don’t buy this whole we’re all small club and should be grateful excuse, on the pitch it’s 11v11 the size or our stadium or the fact that we rent our trainings facilities from a non league club is not relevant and if PW has gone to into board meetings with that attitude then he should go. The board are putting good money into this club and they/we deserve level of respect from our manager.

This obviously poses a problem for us due to his long contract as the lack of suitable available managers but his position would be untenable and it he did start the season and we started badly he’d be sacked anyway thus leaving us with no manager mid season.

I’d rather look for a manager at the end of a season than in the middle of it.

For one I hope that PW hasn’t gone in with that attitude and they’ve all had a constructive discussions on what happens moving forward.

EABluebird
Member
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:15 pm
Contact:

Re: On his way

Post by EABluebird » Sat May 18, 2024 10:19 am

EABluebird wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 10:18 am The very fact that this story had gained traction is because it’s eminently believable.

When I posted on here after the play off calamity I stated that I wanted PW to first admit he failed in his objective; to show some contrition and explain how he plans to fix it for next season.

None of those things have happened.

I don’t buy this whole we’re all small club and should be grateful excuse, on the pitch it’s 11v11 the size or our stadium or the fact that we rent our trainings facilities from a non league club is not relevant and if PW has gone to into board meetings with that attitude then he should go. The board are putting good money into this club and they/we deserve a level of respect from our manager.

This obviously poses a problem for us due to his long contract as the lack of suitable available managers but his position would be untenable and it he did start the season and we started badly he’d be sacked anyway thus leaving us with no manager mid season.

I’d rather look for a manager at the end of a season than in the middle of it.

For one I hope that PW hasn’t gone in with that attitude and they’ve all had a constructive discussions on what happens moving forward.

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: On his way

Post by Adam29 » Sat May 18, 2024 11:03 am

FanzoneFan wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 9:21 am I think Iain Wood has been the major factor behind the club’s success over the last couple of seasons. I’d be more concerned if he was leaving.

If Pete Wild is on his way it would suggest there’s been a falling out between Wood and Wild. Maybe Pete doesn’t feel the need to take advice from him anymore.

No doubt the journalist Alan Nixon will be across this story, he’s broken a number of Barrow scoops over the last few years, he was the first of course to tell us Cole Stockton was Holker Street bound. I know I’ll certainly be buying the Sun on Sunday.
I’d save your money
IMG_2982.jpeg
IMG_2982.jpeg (181.61 KiB) Viewed 5343 times

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3432
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: On his way

Post by bluessupporter » Sat May 18, 2024 11:17 am

I know why you've put that on Adam, and I hope you're right, but I think we need to read the articles first to check none of them say 'x club' is interested in Barrow manager Pete Wild. :)

SKIPPER
Platinum Member
Posts: 3716
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: On his way

Post by SKIPPER » Sat May 18, 2024 12:01 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 11:17 am I know why you've put that on Adam, and I hope you're right, but I think we need to read the articles first to check none of them say 'x club' is interested in Barrow manager Pete Wild. :)
Believe with some bookies he was second favourite for the Huddersfield job before Michael Duff took charge this week.

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: On his way

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Sat May 18, 2024 12:06 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 11:17 am I know why you've put that on Adam, and I hope you're right, but I think we need to read the articles first to check none of them say 'x club' is interested in Barrow manager Pete Wild. :)
Modt of what Nixon spouts is utter garbage with no substance. For everyone he guesses correctly he gets 10 wrong. If anyone takes notice of him they have a problem

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: On his way

Post by Adam29 » Sat May 18, 2024 12:53 pm

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 12:06 pm
bluessupporter wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 11:17 am I know why you've put that on Adam, and I hope you're right, but I think we need to read the articles first to check none of them say 'x club' is interested in Barrow manager Pete Wild. :)
Modt of what Nixon spouts is utter garbage with no substance. For everyone he guesses correctly he gets 10 wrong. If anyone takes notice of him they have a problem
That’s because he is a mouthpiece for football agents

And sometimes football agents will pass on false information just to get their clients name out there and try to drum up a deal

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: On his way

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Sat May 18, 2024 1:11 pm

Adam29 wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 12:53 pm
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 12:06 pm

Modt of what Nixon spouts is utter garbage with no substance. For everyone he guesses correctly he gets 10 wrong. If anyone takes notice of him they have a problem
That’s because he is a mouthpiece for football agents

And sometimes football agents will pass on false information just to get their clients name out there and try to drum up a deal
No doubt he is on the payroll of a few. Agents who bar a handful are the scourge in the football world.

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11128
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: On his way

Post by Jonty » Sat May 18, 2024 1:25 pm

EABluebird wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 10:18 am
I don’t buy this whole we’re all small club and should be grateful excuse, on the pitch it’s 11v11 the size or our stadium or the fact that we rent our trainings facilities from a non league club is not relevant and if PW has gone to into board meetings with that attitude then he should go. The board are putting good money into this club and they/we deserve level of respect from our manager.
Side by side against our L2 (and many National League clubs) we are one of the smaller clubs. Bigger clubs have established infrastructure, more resources, bigger revenues, and bigger player budgets. However that doesn’t mean we cant compete or have success that is relative to where we are as a club right now. On the training field the best thing we’ve done is move training to the M60 / M62 corridor. That has been a success and by doing so we’ve cast the net and made the club accessible to so many more players . That to me is key to our continued progress. Would love an Academy, a ladies team, a new stand at the Crossbar end etc, but that takes money and time. I hate saying it because I don’t like to use it as a soft landing but we were in the non league wilderness for 48 years and it’s a big gap to close. Much of it is a mindset and perception I agree with that.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: On his way

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Sat May 18, 2024 1:47 pm

Jonty wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 1:25 pm
EABluebird wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 10:18 am
I don’t buy this whole we’re all small club and should be grateful excuse, on the pitch it’s 11v11 the size or our stadium or the fact that we rent our trainings facilities from a non league club is not relevant and if PW has gone to into board meetings with that attitude then he should go. The board are putting good money into this club and they/we deserve level of respect from our manager.
Side by side against our L2 (and many National League clubs) we are one of the smaller clubs. Bigger clubs have established infrastructure, more resources, bigger revenues, and bigger player budgets. However that doesn’t mean we cant compete or have success that is relative to where we are as a club right now. On the training field the best thing we’ve done is move training to the M60 / M62 corridor. That has been a success and by doing so we’ve cast the net and made the club accessible to so many more players . That to me is key to our continued progress. Would love an Academy, a ladies team, a new stand at the Crossbar end etc, but that takes money and time. I hate saying it because I don’t like to use it as a soft landing but we were in the non league wilderness for 48 years and it’s a big gap to close. Much of it is a mindset and perception I agree with that.
Great post Jonty your spot on. IMO new investment is needed to take us to the next level. Current owners have done great but they don’t have a bottomless pit of money to keep sustaining the losses we are incurring as well as moving us up.

olefogey
Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:34 pm

Re: On his way

Post by olefogey » Sat May 18, 2024 4:41 pm

EABluebird wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 10:18 am The very fact that this story had gained traction is because it’s eminently believable.

When I posted on here after the play off calamity I stated that I wanted PW to first admit he failed in his objective; to show some contrition and explain how he plans to fix it for next season.

None of those things have happened.

I don’t buy this whole we’re all small club and should be grateful excuse, on the pitch it’s 11v11 the size or our stadium or the fact that we rent our trainings facilities from a non league club is not relevant and if PW has gone to into board meetings with that attitude then he should go. The board are putting good money into this club and they/we deserve level of respect from our manager.

This obviously poses a problem for us due to his long contract as the lack of suitable available managers but his position would be untenable and it he did start the season and we started badly he’d be sacked anyway thus leaving us with no manager mid season.

I’d rather look for a manager at the end of a season than in the middle of it.

For one I hope that PW hasn’t gone in with that attitude and they’ve all had a constructive discussions on what happens moving forward.
Please tell us where this story has gained traction, other than on here which is just the on-line equivalent of a few blokes chatting in the pub!

Few90
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:19 pm
Contact:

Re: On his way

Post by Few90 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:50 pm

bluedevil wrote: ↑Fri May 17, 2024 12:02 pm
Few90 wrote: ↑Fri May 17, 2024 12:45 am Carlisle cowards starting rumours no doubt worried about our upcoming fixtures.
And why on earth would you call us Cowards?
And why the hell do you think we're worried about 'the upcoming fixtures'?
Looking forward to them maybe, (nowt like a spicy Cumbrian Derby), worried.......naahhhh!
What about the Carlisle cowards making statements 😂 Carlisle cowards is all you are known as

User avatar
Bombadel
Silver Member
Posts: 1459
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: On his way

Post by Bombadel » Sat May 18, 2024 4:54 pm

olefogey wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 4:41 pm
EABluebird wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 10:18 am The very fact that this story had gained traction is because it’s eminently believable.

When I posted on here after the play off calamity I stated that I wanted PW to first admit he failed in his objective; to show some contrition and explain how he plans to fix it for next season.

None of those things have happened.

I don’t buy this whole we’re all small club and should be grateful excuse, on the pitch it’s 11v11 the size or our stadium or the fact that we rent our trainings facilities from a non league club is not relevant and if PW has gone to into board meetings with that attitude then he should go. The board are putting good money into this club and they/we deserve level of respect from our manager.

This obviously poses a problem for us due to his long contract as the lack of suitable available managers but his position would be untenable and it he did start the season and we started badly he’d be sacked anyway thus leaving us with no manager mid season.

I’d rather look for a manager at the end of a season than in the middle of it.

For one I hope that PW hasn’t gone in with that attitude and they’ve all had a constructive discussions on what happens moving forward.
Please tell us where this story has gained traction, other than on here which is just the on-line equivalent of a few blokes chatting in the pub!
Exactly, and the point about PW failing, his objective is to improve year on year and have saleable assets, which he has, if we keep those assets (young lads like Campbell/ Gotts who no doubt will have have interest) then it’s a good indication for next year. People just have to be patient, a lot of the best deals are done at the tail end of the transfer window, due to bidding wars etc. there’s been no solid source provided around this rumour of him leaving and the longer it goes on the more likely it is to seem like pish.

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3432
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: On his way

Post by bluessupporter » Sat May 18, 2024 7:21 pm

I fully support PW. What I can't understand is the collapse in form over the last 7 games. To get 2 points out of those games is relegation form.

Regardless whether or not he's gone, or is going, what happened in those last 7 games? It wasn't one of PW's 'bumps in the road' it was a bloody crater, and there must have been a reason that a nice and steady side fell apart. What was it?

User avatar
chipmunx
Gold Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
Location: Fortress Holker Street
Contact:

Re: On his way

Post by chipmunx » Sat May 18, 2024 7:54 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Sat May 18, 2024 7:21 pm I fully support PW. What I can't understand is the collapse in form over the last 7 games. To get 2 points out of those games is relegation form.

Regardless whether or not he's gone, or is going, what happened in those last 7 games? It wasn't one of PW's 'bumps in the road' it was a bloody crater, and there must have been a reason that a nice and steady side fell apart. What was it?
Partly due to the central defensive 3 not playing together for most of the last 6-8 weeks. 1st Canavan was injured and then as soon as he got back Ray got sent off and suspended.
Lancashire;- born and bred

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fazered and 13 guests