Sky EFL coverage
-
Methuselah
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sky EFL coverage
I am.one of those people who always bought an I,Follow pass and used to watch it on my laptop.I also go to some away matches,am a Bluebird Trust member,pay £25 for the monthly draw,am a season ticket holder and also always buy tickets for the half time draw.I feel I have been let down by the EFL.Having Sky Sports or paying £15 on Now TV is just outside what I can afford being retired.There is now a whole section of our supporters who are bring excluded from watching their teams away games during the week.What I want to know is why you couldn,t just pay a cheaper package to watch our own matches for the time they were being screened and yes I did look at how much it was for Sky Sports package only to find I couldn,t afford it.I feel that it,s people in a similar situation to myself who.have been let down.
Re: Sky EFL coverage
Suppose plenty of pubs will be showing the games on Sky so will be the price of a few pints?
Billy Blue
- LDBF
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:36 pm
- Location: Belize, Central America
- Contact:
Re: Sky EFL coverage
Just received an invite for next season from iFollow for overseas customer @ £140.00, got until Monday to pay or it goes up to £180.00
Re: Sky EFL coverage
I am in similar situation. I don’t have a satellite dish and my only subscription at present is for bog standard EE TV. I certainly wouldn’t want a full subscription. I will be paying the 24 hr subscription judiciously for a few matches.Methuselah wrote: ↑Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:43 pm I am.one of those people who always bought an I,Follow pass and used to watch it on my laptop.I also go to some away matches,am a Bluebird Trust member,pay £25 for the monthly draw,am a season ticket holder and also always buy tickets for the half time draw.I feel I have been let down by the EFL.Having Sky Sports or paying £15 on Now TV is just outside what I can afford being retired.There is now a whole section of our supporters who are bring excluded from watching their teams away games during the week.What I want to know is why you couldn,t just pay a cheaper package to watch our own matches for the time they were being screened and yes I did look at how much it was for Sky Sports package only to find I couldn,t afford it.I feel that it,s people in a similar situation to myself who.have been let down.
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sky EFL coverage
Not that long ago none of this would be possible to even have the option to watch
Re: Sky EFL coverage
For those of us outside the BBC Radio Cumbria live broadcast area and now that the ifollow app no longer works, how do we listen to match commentary?
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Sky EFL coverage
There will still be audio commentary available through the club website same as normal
The only thing that has changed is the match pass option
The only thing that has changed is the match pass option
Re: Sky EFL coverage
Cheers Adam.
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5249
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: Sky EFL coverage
It does not excuse an egregious and cynical 50% increase over last season's iFollow price nor, indeed, 25% on the precise comparison (the NowTV day pass). It's great that the club will receive the £300,000 but Sky will have done its calculations and know damned fine it'll get its money back from increased subscriptions and advertising. But, yeah, we have the choice - pay or don't pay. We can always rely on Adam's commentary which paints the picture, anyway.HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:56 am Not that long ago none of this would be possible to even have the option to watch
Don't let the old man in.
-
Methuselah
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sky EFL coverage
Totally agree.It,s basic profiteering which excludes some loyal supporters who have follwed our club through thick and thin over the years,some from the 1960s.You will always get people saying its a free market they can charge what they like,but what about the loyal supporters who feel the club no longer cares about them,they are yesterdays people.MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:04 amIt does not excuse an egregious and cynical 50% increase over last season's iFollow price nor, indeed, 25% on the precise comparison (the NowTV day pass). It's great that the club will receive the £300,000 but Sky will have done its calculations and know damned fine it'll get its money back from increased subscriptions and advertising. But, yeah, we have the choice - pay or don't pay. We can always rely on Adam's commentary which paints the picture, anyway.HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:56 am Not that long ago none of this would be possible to even have the option to watch![]()
-
up and under
- New Member
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:48 pm
- Contact:
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Sky EFL coverage
If enough folks are in a similar situation, There’s several alternatives, Club in together & watch as a group at a mates house?Methuselah wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:46 amTotally agree.It,s basic profiteering which excludes some loyal supporters who have follwed our club through thick and thin over the years,some from the 1960s.You will always get people saying its a free market they can charge what they like,but what about the loyal supporters who feel the club no longer cares about them,they are yesterdays people.MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:04 am
It does not excuse an egregious and cynical 50% increase over last season's iFollow price nor, indeed, 25% on the precise comparison (the NowTV day pass). It's great that the club will receive the £300,000 but Sky will have done its calculations and know damned fine it'll get its money back from increased subscriptions and advertising. But, yeah, we have the choice - pay or don't pay. We can always rely on Adam's commentary which paints the picture, anyway.![]()
Set up a group & watch in a pub together.
Would the club open the bar for a screening of games for folks to gather, if enough interest.
Just a few quick thoughts.
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5249
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: Sky EFL coverage
Not sure how many would want to come up to central Scotland to watch at my house, mickmike.mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:14 pmIf enough folks are in a similar situation, There’s several alternatives, Club in together & watch as a group at a mates house?Methuselah wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:46 am
Totally agree.It,s basic profiteering which excludes some loyal supporters who have follwed our club through thick and thin over the years,some from the 1960s.You will always get people saying its a free market they can charge what they like,but what about the loyal supporters who feel the club no longer cares about them,they are yesterdays people.
Set up a group & watch in a pub together.
Would the club open the bar for a screening of games for folks to gather, if enough interest.
Just a few quick thoughts.
Don't let the old man in.
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Sky EFL coverage
It will be however it normally worked - the club use our feed so I don’t know the intricate details on how people access it - I just know that it will be occurring exactly the same as usualup and under wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:19 amHi Adam
Will rhere be a link on the website to your commentary
Re: Sky EFL coverage
It’s not just Sky that the deal benefits. £300k over 23 home league games is just over £13k a game, or the equivalent of 650 fans coming through the turnstiles paying £20 a match. It’s big money for a club our size. It will be interesting to see how our average home crowd and away fans visiting HS is impacted, but I guess the deal was sweet enough to buffer this.MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:04 amIt does not excuse an egregious and cynical 50% increase over last season's iFollow price nor, indeed, 25% on the precise comparison (the NowTV day pass). It's great that the club will receive the £300,000 but Sky will have done its calculations and know damned fine it'll get its money back from increased subscriptions and advertising. But, yeah, we have the choice - pay or don't pay. We can always rely on Adam's commentary which paints the picture, anyway.HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:56 am Not that long ago none of this would be possible to even have the option to watch![]()
I agree with that going from £10 to £15 for individual games is a big hike but let’s see what the quality of the coverage and commentary is like. Ifollow only joined the game at a minutes before kickoff and there was little analysis at HT or FT. Not sure if this will change with Sky coverage.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests