Barrow v Doncaster match thread
-
mulholland
- Senior Member
- Posts: 459
- Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:22 pm
- Location: behind the dugouts
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
Sign of madness isn't it starting Garner and Kouyate and expecting a different result. The manager's got to accept responsibility for this.
- Bigfathoss
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2767
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
Garner isn't meant for this club. He was shit here, decent at Morecambe, then shit here again.
I agree with many that Telford is a shambles. Dallas, I just haven't seen enough of him to say. Emile, I still think there is a good player in there.
I agree with many that Telford is a shambles. Dallas, I just haven't seen enough of him to say. Emile, I still think there is a good player in there.
A=A
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
Happy to be pulled up on this. But absolutely no chance.
Popular side since '03.
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
Tight game again and we are always trying to play positive football but we lack the quality in the final third, in fact it’s less than that, it’s the penalty area. 
I don’t know if playing two up front in a change of shape may yield more goals but this formation we not getting goals. We are not creating clear cut chances.
I don’t know if playing two up front in a change of shape may yield more goals but this formation we not getting goals. We are not creating clear cut chances.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
Well said caappers.capman wrote: ↑Sat Nov 02, 2024 7:38 pm Listening to the managers radio again interview we’ve got to do better we’ve got to do this end of the day you’ve been saying that for the last 10 games if you win one game and most of them games you never look like scoring your job to make it right if you can, the board need to make a decision and get rid of him wild at the same excuses last year get on with it
-
Burnage Bluebird
- Member
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:18 pm
- Location: Burnage
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
It's all a bit depressing at the moment.
I like garner, he needs a player up front close to him. He is always isolated collecting the ball into the areas. Needs a good attacking CM getting close or a partner up front.
Width needs to be provided by mahoney and AN other. So far Newby, Kouyate haven't impressed me, 3rd time lucky with kirk I hope.
I don't think our defence trust the young keeper. He makes saves when required but bit lacks the presence and awareness of farman. We play differently at the back which in turn leads to a different all round game plan.
When farms is back our fortunes will change
I like garner, he needs a player up front close to him. He is always isolated collecting the ball into the areas. Needs a good attacking CM getting close or a partner up front.
Width needs to be provided by mahoney and AN other. So far Newby, Kouyate haven't impressed me, 3rd time lucky with kirk I hope.
I don't think our defence trust the young keeper. He makes saves when required but bit lacks the presence and awareness of farman. We play differently at the back which in turn leads to a different all round game plan.
When farms is back our fortunes will change
-
_bluebird_
- Senior Member
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
Stanway hasn't put a foot wrong the last 3 games and I've been critical of him. 2 pens and a shot no league 2 keeper saves is all that has cost him 3 clean sheets. I don't want to get on clemences back because who at league 2level gets our strikers scoring? Certainly not wild and so isn't seem like clemence can either. I'd be pointing more fingers at the midfield than anyone, as I've said before and as I'll say again Robbie gotts is a waste of a shirt. Doesn't score doesn't assist and bar closing down defences does little else. Light weight at best a new no. 10 needed as much as a striker. I've pointed this out before and got abuse but stats don't lie when was his last goal contribution?
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
Got nothing to do with Stanway, how the f**k will a goalkeeping change alter our attacking play ?, he made 2 brilliant saves that were down to poor defensive play was that his fault ffs by all means be critical but that statement about Stanway is absolutely garbage!Burnage Bluebird wrote: ↑Sat Nov 02, 2024 9:55 pm It's all a bit depressing at the moment.
I like garner, he needs a player up front close to him. He is always isolated collecting the ball into the areas. Needs a good attacking CM getting close or a partner up front.
Width needs to be provided by mahoney and AN other. So far Newby, Kouyate haven't impressed me, 3rd time lucky with kirk I hope.
I don't think our defence trust the young keeper. He makes saves when required but bit lacks the presence and awareness of farman. We play differently at the back which in turn leads to a different all round game plan.
When farms is back our fortunes will change
-
behind the goals
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2241
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
Strikers rubbish, Midfield create nothing, Gotts waste of a shirt, Stanway not trusted by the defence, and now the manager getting stick, but wait when Paul Farman returns our fortunes will change must be some player wonder how many goals he will score, I`m just glad we have 21pts because going by many on the forum we`ll be getting caught by the bottom sides shortly.
-
Burnage Bluebird
- Member
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:18 pm
- Location: Burnage
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
Remind me when this poor run started. You have obviously never played the game to the equivalent of todays national league like myself. Albeit in the 70s.blue nige wrote: ↑Sat Nov 02, 2024 10:18 pmGot nothing to do with Stanway, how the f**k will a goalkeeping change alter our attacking play ?, he made 2 brilliant saves that were down to poor defensive play was that his fault ffs by all means be critical but that statement about Stanway is absolutely garbage!Burnage Bluebird wrote: ↑Sat Nov 02, 2024 9:55 pm It's all a bit depressing at the moment.
I like garner, he needs a player up front close to him. He is always isolated collecting the ball into the areas. Needs a good attacking CM getting close or a partner up front.
Width needs to be provided by mahoney and AN other. So far Newby, Kouyate haven't impressed me, 3rd time lucky with kirk I hope.
I don't think our defence trust the young keeper. He makes saves when required but bit lacks the presence and awareness of farman. We play differently at the back which in turn leads to a different all round game plan.
When farms is back our fortunes will change
-
Burnage Bluebird
- Member
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:18 pm
- Location: Burnage
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
Armchair Sunday sky sports watcher and Saturday popsider moaner no doubt is blue nige.
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
Is it just me or does this analysis make no sense whatsoevercapman wrote: ↑Sat Nov 02, 2024 7:46 pm Listening to the managers radio again interview we’ve got to do better we’ve got to do this end of the day you’ve been saying that for the last 10 games if you win one game and most of them games you never look like scoring your job to make it right if you can, the board need to make a decision and get rid of him wild at the same excuses last year get on with it
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
Sense, Sense! If you wanted sense you’ve come to the wrong place!sbr wrote: ↑Sun Nov 03, 2024 12:27 amIs it just me or does this analysis make no sense whatsoevercapman wrote: ↑Sat Nov 02, 2024 7:46 pm Listening to the managers radio again interview we’ve got to do better we’ve got to do this end of the day you’ve been saying that for the last 10 games if you win one game and most of them games you never look like scoring your job to make it right if you can, the board need to make a decision and get rid of him wild at the same excuses last year get on with it
- BarrowLad71
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 569
- Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
1 win in 10 and the crowds dwindling at a reduced price isn’t good reading. I think he needs some results over the next 3 league games or else he could find himself in trouble
Re: Barrow v Doncaster match thread
As someone who was worried about Stanway he is actually learning in the job and improving unlike some of our previous keeper.blue nige wrote: ↑Sat Nov 02, 2024 10:18 pmGot nothing to do with Stanway, how the f**k will a goalkeeping change alter our attacking play ?, he made 2 brilliant saves that were down to poor defensive play was that his fault ffs by all means be critical but that statement about Stanway is absolutely garbage!Burnage Bluebird wrote: ↑Sat Nov 02, 2024 9:55 pm It's all a bit depressing at the moment.
I like garner, he needs a player up front close to him. He is always isolated collecting the ball into the areas. Needs a good attacking CM getting close or a partner up front.
Width needs to be provided by mahoney and AN other. So far Newby, Kouyate haven't impressed me, 3rd time lucky with kirk I hope.
I don't think our defence trust the young keeper. He makes saves when required but bit lacks the presence and awareness of farman. We play differently at the back which in turn leads to a different all round game plan.
When farms is back our fortunes will change
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests