Whoever decided to sign these players can't have ever spoke to them or watched them
Walsall v Barrow, match thread
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Walsall v Barrow, match thread
Our forwards, Aqua big lad should be feared often beaten in the air ! Telford decent on the ball but looks as though he's not bothered if we win or lose!, Dallas tries really hard but unfortunately not quite good enough ,Garner really talented footballer without any heart/ desire to win !
Whoever decided to sign these players can't have ever spoke to them or watched them
Whoever decided to sign these players can't have ever spoke to them or watched them
Re: Walsall v Barrow, match thread
Can’t wait to hear the podcast next week where as usual they all sit on the fence. 7pts from 15 games. A third of the season 15 games!!!!!
That would mean 21 points if we started the season like that.
Seriously it would not be a knee jerk reaction just a sensible decision. Where are the positives in that? Cold hard facts!!!
I believe in Ian Wood and presume he has someone lined up….please make it happen or else we may end up playing Fylde next year
That would mean 21 points if we started the season like that.
Seriously it would not be a knee jerk reaction just a sensible decision. Where are the positives in that? Cold hard facts!!!
I believe in Ian Wood and presume he has someone lined up….please make it happen or else we may end up playing Fylde next year
Re: Walsall v Barrow, match thread
Look mate we’ve not won a game for weeks. We have light hearted social media posts coming out from the club. I’m all for it but at 3pm match day you’ve got to be busting a gut out there to get anything in a game, you’ve got to be chasing down balls not in your favour, you’ve got to be shouting for everything and you’ve got to be coming off that pitch having given absolutely everything in a game. The passion and obvious disappointment in losing a game has got to be there and visible.olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 6:32 pmQuite simple, we are looking for "winners" but every man and his dog are all looking for the same type and I just hope we can find that right personJonty wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 6:20 pm Sorry for making a comparison with Cook or Quigley, Walker, Kay even, but they played with passion that sometimes overflowed but we need that now. It doesn’t matter if they are 23 or 33. All attack minded players need that something extra. Sorry for the comparisons but it’s what we are missing. If we bring anyone in January they’ve got to have that something to make things happen, not just technical ability
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Walsall v Barrow, match thread
Too slow on the break. Frightened of even having a shot. Very poor today.
How they are top of the league I've no idea.
Iain Wood best thing since slice bread a few months ago .. club hands him the keys to the castle
I will repeat the club is ran by enthusiastic amateurs and had their pants pulled down and bottom slapped more than once. I'm thankful of what they have done and I want them to be a success
How they are top of the league I've no idea.
Iain Wood best thing since slice bread a few months ago .. club hands him the keys to the castle
I will repeat the club is ran by enthusiastic amateurs and had their pants pulled down and bottom slapped more than once. I'm thankful of what they have done and I want them to be a success
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3425
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
-
Barrow afc 2018
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 688
- Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:31 pm
- Contact:
Re: Walsall v Barrow, match thread
The thing is this we are not even a decent watch, I can take a defeat but the manner in which we play is truly awful, sideways and back passing with little or no shots.
We didn’t even win a corner 1st half today, never mind they are top of the league crap. We were top once but it didn’t stop Morecambe having a go. There is nothing and there hasn’t been for weeks there’s zero excitement.
Our tactics seem to be try and avoid defeat anything else is a bonus. I wish I had the answers but football is very unforgiving league two in particular is brutal. I’m concerned where our next points towards safety will come from.
We didn’t even win a corner 1st half today, never mind they are top of the league crap. We were top once but it didn’t stop Morecambe having a go. There is nothing and there hasn’t been for weeks there’s zero excitement.
Our tactics seem to be try and avoid defeat anything else is a bonus. I wish I had the answers but football is very unforgiving league two in particular is brutal. I’m concerned where our next points towards safety will come from.
Re: Walsall v Barrow, match thread
I haven’t listened to Clemence post match yet but he better be voicing some passion and disappointment at the way this is going. Not criticism, but backing but in a positive way. Ie- it’s not good enough in front of goal, we know it’s not good enough and it’s my job as Head Coach to do something about it.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: Walsall v Barrow, match thread
^This for me ^Barrow afc 2018 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 7:20 pm The thing is this we are not even a decent watch, I can take a defeat but the manner in which we play is truly awful, sideways and back passing with little or no shots.
We didn’t even win a corner 1st half today, never mind they are top of the league crap. We were top once but it didn’t stop Morecambe having a go. There is nothing and there hasn’t been for weeks there’s zero excitement.
Our tactics seem to be try and avoid defeat anything else is a bonus. I wish I had the answers but football is very unforgiving league two in particular is brutal. I’m concerned where our next points towards safety will come from.
If SC were a Gladiator he would have been fed to the lions by now.
Yes we were not entertained IW and PH as you promised we would be at the start of the season.
There are vultures moving in to roost at Holker St and the FC United training facility tonight.
Last edited by McMark on Sat Dec 14, 2024 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Walsall v Barrow, match thread
Can’t be true, Clemence was brought in to play exciting attacking footballBarrow afc 2018 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 7:20 pm The thing is this we are not even a decent watch, I can take a defeat but the manner in which we play is truly awful, sideways and back passing with little or no shots.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Walsall v Barrow, match thread
Don't think he knows Jonty!, no wingers back 3 that always turns into back 5 if you don't attack, so yeah keep the score down but won't create anything!, is Eccleston injured? and Kouyate still raw but have passion ! Says he took Aqua off because he didn't want to risk an injury so why play him and Garner rather than give them 30 minutes there's no sense to this decision because surely that's how you get player's injured?Jonty wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 7:23 pm I haven’t listened to Clemence post match yet but he better be voicing some passion and disappointment at the way this is going. Not criticism, but backing but in a positive way. Ie- it’s not good enough in front of goal, we know it’s not good enough and it’s my job as Head Coach to do something about it.
The first half against Notts County was the best I've seen this season yet we've been nowhere near that something is really wrong ffs surely the board need to take their blue tinted glasses off and get EVERYONE together and tell them the present displays just aren't good enough ,we as fans deserve much better, as someone stated if you watched our twitter posts you'd think we were top of the league etc, it's sums everything up at the moment!
Last edited by blue nige on Sat Dec 14, 2024 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Walsall v Barrow, match thread
I get ya 100% but in this day and age it is very difficult even for the so called elites in the premier league, it's all unfortunately about money and the copwerthwaites, cooks, quigs are few and far between.Jonty wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 6:46 pmLook mate we’ve not won a game for weeks. We have light hearted social media posts coming out from the club. I’m all for it but at 3pm match day you’ve got to be busting a gut out there to get anything in a game, you’ve got to be chasing down balls not in your favour, you’ve got to be shouting for everything and you’ve got to be coming off that pitch having given absolutely everything in a game. The passion and obvious disappointment in losing a game has got to be there and visible.olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 6:32 pm
Quite simple, we are looking for "winners" but every man and his dog are all looking for the same type and I just hope we can find that right person
I don't agree that we are domed and relegation fodder and I genuinely believe that if we had something up front, we wouldn't even be having of these conversations.
It's very very disappointing not scoring, not winning but sometimes the talk in here and the doom and gloom really [SwearFilter] me.off!
As much as I hate to quote a PW saying, let's not forget who we are, where we came from.. old enough to have seen absolute dross over the years and would take this season (as poor as it is so far) over many many of the ones we suffered in the past!
As SC said, let's stick together and improve and that is also aimed at us and we must do our bit too..
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Walsall v Barrow, match thread
We're not on the pitch though he can't keep having these interviews and dragging us into the equation let's be honest Paul Hornby and Clemence promised entertaining football etc ,I'd settle for non stop running and some passion rather than playing 50 passes to get 10 yards, if we haven't won for 13 games what are we supposed to do ,it is a totally unacceptable position to be in and something has to give!olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 7:40 pmI get ya 100% but in this day and age it is very difficult even for the so called elites in the premier league, it's all unfortunately about money and the copwerthwaites, cooks, quigs are few and far between.Jonty wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 6:46 pm
Look mate we’ve not won a game for weeks. We have light hearted social media posts coming out from the club. I’m all for it but at 3pm match day you’ve got to be busting a gut out there to get anything in a game, you’ve got to be chasing down balls not in your favour, you’ve got to be shouting for everything and you’ve got to be coming off that pitch having given absolutely everything in a game. The passion and obvious disappointment in losing a game has got to be there and visible.
I don't agree that we are domed and relegation fodder and I genuinely believe that if we had something up front, we wouldn't even be having of these conversations.
It's very very disappointing not scoring, not winning but sometimes the talk in here and the doom and gloom really [SwearFilter] me.off!
As much as I hate to quote a PW saying, let's not forget who we are, where we came from.. old enough to have seen absolute dross over the years and would take this season (as poor as it is so far) over many many of the ones we suffered in the past!
As SC said, let's stick together and improve and that is also aimed at us and we must do our bit too..
Re: Walsall v Barrow, match thread
I’ve just listened to the post match. It’s the same as the last game. We are close but alas no cigar. Thankfully we have a bit of a cushion but make no bones about it we could quite easily be in Carlisle’s position if he can’t get this sorted out. We don’t want to be in this form going into the last 10 gamesolbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 7:40 pmI get ya 100% but in this day and age it is very difficult even for the so called elites in the premier league, it's all unfortunately about money and the copwerthwaites, cooks, quigs are few and far between.Jonty wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 6:46 pm
Look mate we’ve not won a game for weeks. We have light hearted social media posts coming out from the club. I’m all for it but at 3pm match day you’ve got to be busting a gut out there to get anything in a game, you’ve got to be chasing down balls not in your favour, you’ve got to be shouting for everything and you’ve got to be coming off that pitch having given absolutely everything in a game. The passion and obvious disappointment in losing a game has got to be there and visible.
I don't agree that we are domed and relegation fodder and I genuinely believe that if we had something up front, we wouldn't even be having of these conversations.
It's very very disappointing not scoring, not winning but sometimes the talk in here and the doom and gloom really [SwearFilter] me.off!
As much as I hate to quote a PW saying, let's not forget who we are, where we came from.. old enough to have seen absolute dross over the years and would take this season (as poor as it is so far) over many many of the ones we suffered in the past!
As SC said, let's stick together and improve and that is also aimed at us and we must do our bit too..
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Walsall v Barrow, match thread
blue nige wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 7:45 pmWe're not on the pitch though he can't keep having these interviews and dragging us into the equation let's be honest Paul Hornby and Clemence promised entertaining football etc ,I'd settle for non stop running and some passion rather than playing 50 passes to get 10 yards, if we haven't won for 13 games what are we supposed to do ,it is a totally unacceptable position to be in and something has to give!olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 7:40 pm
I get ya 100% but in this day and age it is very difficult even for the so called elites in the premier league, it's all unfortunately about money and the copwerthwaites, cooks, quigs are few and far between.
I don't agree that we are domed and relegation fodder and I genuinely believe that if we had something up front, we wouldn't even be having of these conversations.
It's very very disappointing not scoring, not winning but sometimes the talk in here and the doom and gloom really [SwearFilter] me.off!
As much as I hate to quote a PW saying, let's not forget who we are, where we came from.. old enough to have seen absolute dross over the years and would take this season (as poor as it is so far) over many many of the ones we suffered in the past!
As SC said, let's stick together and improve and that is also aimed at us and we must do our bit too..
I just think calling for heads after a few months after the start we had isn't quite right.. something changed massively after the Chelsea game!blue nige wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 7:45 pmWe're not on the pitch though he can't keep having these interviews and dragging us into the equation let's be honest Paul Hornby and Clemence promised entertaining football etc ,I'd settle for non stop running and some passion rather than playing 50 passes to get 10 yards, if we haven't won for 13 games what are we supposed to do ,it is a totally unacceptable position to be in and something has to give!olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 7:40 pm
I get ya 100% but in this day and age it is very difficult even for the so called elites in the premier league, it's all unfortunately about money and the copwerthwaites, cooks, quigs are few and far between.
I don't agree that we are domed and relegation fodder and I genuinely believe that if we had something up front, we wouldn't even be having of these conversations.
It's very very disappointing not scoring, not winning but sometimes the talk in here and the doom and gloom really [SwearFilter] me.off!
As much as I hate to quote a PW saying, let's not forget who we are, where we came from.. old enough to have seen absolute dross over the years and would take this season (as poor as it is so far) over many many of the ones we suffered in the past!
As SC said, let's stick together and improve and that is also aimed at us and we must do our bit too..
We were flying, looking good and comfortable..we got a lesson in football and since we have been poor!!
Swapping managers/coaches after 4-5months isn't healthy especially when we are not in the bottom position. Benefit of the doubt, let's get passed Xmas and see who or what they bring in, if any and then see if there is any improvement and then of not, then maybe look and see if SC is the right man?
We have seen in the recent past that changing managers mid season doesn't make a whiff of difference in the grand scheme of things and the cost to the club is something I would rather we didn't explore just yet.
It's the final third, it doesn't take Stephen Hawkins to work that out, it's blatantly obvious, so let's see what happens, let's stick together.
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Walsall v Barrow, match thread
Would rather be In our shoes than Carlisle or Morecambe.Jonty wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 7:52 pmI’ve just listened to the post match. It’s the same as the last game. We are close but alas no cigar. Thankfully we have a bit of a cushion but make no bones about it we could quite easily be in Carlisle’s position if he can’t get this sorted out. We don’t want to be in this form going into the last 10 gamesolbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 7:40 pm
I get ya 100% but in this day and age it is very difficult even for the so called elites in the premier league, it's all unfortunately about money and the copwerthwaites, cooks, quigs are few and far between.
I don't agree that we are domed and relegation fodder and I genuinely believe that if we had something up front, we wouldn't even be having of these conversations.
It's very very disappointing not scoring, not winning but sometimes the talk in here and the doom and gloom really [SwearFilter] me.off!
As much as I hate to quote a PW saying, let's not forget who we are, where we came from.. old enough to have seen absolute dross over the years and would take this season (as poor as it is so far) over many many of the ones we suffered in the past!
As SC said, let's stick together and improve and that is also aimed at us and we must do our bit too..
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Stu1 and 14 guests