Barrow v Harrogate Town, match thread
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5248
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5248
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Harrogate Town, match thread
Worst performance I've seen in years . Clueless and gutless the lot of em. More urgency when my Nana needs a poo
-
AugustusCorpa
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1707
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Harrogate Town, match thread
Hopefully they’ll be two worse teams at the end of the season
Re: Barrow v Harrogate Town, match thread
I'm not sure how much can be blamed on Clemence. After doing quite well against Bradford, the team just have not turned up today. It was clear from the first 10 minutes that Harrogate were up for it and Barrow were half asleep and they have only played in fits and starts since.
I just don't know what we can do to turn things round, but I am not sure what a new manager could do with the squad either.
I just don't know what we can do to turn things round, but I am not sure what a new manager could do with the squad either.
Re: Barrow v Harrogate Town, match thread
If that’s what we are ultimately relying on prepare for relegation. Nobody wants that surely.AugustusCorpa wrote: ↑Sat Jan 04, 2025 4:39 pm Hopefully they’ll be two worse teams at the end of the season
Re: Barrow v Harrogate Town, match thread
Aye Jim but what did he do to change things . It was clear to even a blind man it wasn’t working at halftime. Left it too late for changes when the game was gone. Foley shows real grit and determination when he plays why can’t othersJim wrote: ↑Sat Jan 04, 2025 4:40 pm I'm not sure how much can be blamed on Clemence. After doing quite well against Bradford, the team just have not turned up today. It was clear from the first 10 minutes that Harrogate were up for it and Barrow were half asleep and they have only played in fits and starts since.
I just don't know what we can do to turn things round, but I am not sure what a new manager could do with the squad either.
Re: Barrow v Harrogate Town, match thread
I wouldn’t say gutless. We aren’t shirking out of challenges- the harsh reality is we lack quality in too many key areas. Thats why replacing Clemence won’t bring about an immediate improvement.olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Sat Jan 04, 2025 4:38 pm Worst performance I've seen in years . Clueless and gutless the lot of em. More urgency when my Nana needs a poo
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
- NUFFSAID
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 656
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Manchester/Walney (Ian Gomersall)
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Harrogate Town, match thread
Last few minutes aside , we've been so poor , I can't see Clemence surviving this now . Give Taylor the interim mgrs role for a few games. If he's as good a coach v his on field attitude , then it'll spark some much needed grit into our powder puff team.
Re: Barrow v Harrogate Town, match thread
Harrogate have won one game away from home since August
Re: Barrow v Harrogate Town, match thread
Mystified that the management team and the playing team think they are anywhere near that a professional footballer/coach/director of football need to operate at. Shite all over the park. Played second fiddle again to a team who had a worse run of form than us (how’s that possible) and not won away this season. Stephen Clemence for the sake of my home town team please give us no more hard luck stories and do the right thing, resign.
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3425
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: Barrow v Harrogate Town, match thread
If it’s Wood that’s bringing in the players perhaps he should go too.
Re: Barrow v Harrogate Town, match thread
And that was nothing to do with quality of players. It was a collective effort of guile, determination and a willingness to put their body on the line for the cause. None of the above shown by us sadly.
-
AugustusCorpa
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1707
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Harrogate Town, match thread
I get what you’re saying but where are the Barrow wins coming from.McMark wrote: ↑Sat Jan 04, 2025 4:41 pmIf that’s what we are ultimately relying on prepare for relegation. Nobody wants that surely.AugustusCorpa wrote: ↑Sat Jan 04, 2025 4:39 pm Hopefully they’ll be two worse teams at the end of the season
Re: Barrow v Harrogate Town, match thread
That’s what I don’t get, clemence said he lost his last job because of the January window, and then we hear that a new signing has been scouted/organised by Wood, whereas Clemence only watched a video.bluessupporter wrote: ↑Sat Jan 04, 2025 4:50 pm If it’s Wood that’s bringing in the players perhaps he should go too.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: blumooncrab and 28 guests