Kian Spence
- BarrowLad71
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 569
- Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:45 pm
- Contact:
Kian Spence
Confirmed out for the reason of the season.
Thanks for the memories Kian all the best across the Irish Sea
Thanks for the memories Kian all the best across the Irish Sea
Re: Kian Spence
Personally, I can't imagine the Isle of Man League would be attractive to him.
THE NORTHERN WAY
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5249
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: Kian Spence
It's probably wishful thinking but Andy Whing does talk about Spence taking part in pre-season training.
Don't let the old man in.
Re: Kian Spence
Joining daddy Wild at Fleetwood
Re: Kian Spence
Notts County have already announced that Spence will be signing during the summer.
Daddy Wild will have to be content with Farman for now.
Daddy Wild will have to be content with Farman for now.
5th March 1978 was the day when it all began and from that day on...
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kian Spence
Thought he might do a Whitfield and hold out for a lower end League One club but Fleetwood does make sense obviously with Wild there
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kian Spence
Rats deserting the ship. Are we sinking?
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3247
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kian Spence
No. It's the end of the two year cycle for a number of our squad. Time to rebuild and refresh, Whing is in a great position where he has time to assess what he already has signed up for next season and can then target players he wants to build a squad of his making.
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kian Spence
Well it’s a discussion for the end of the season I suppose but I’m not sure I believe in cycles.
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3247
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kian Spence
It’s league two football. Most at this level have a rebuild every two years. It’s a lot to do with players wanting to maximise there worth and getting a better deal either with their present club or elsewhere or if they haven’t performed released by their current club.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Apr 01, 2025 1:39 pm Well it’s a discussion for the end of the season I suppose but I’m not sure I believe in cycles.
-
behind the goals
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2243
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kian Spence
Was discussed at the Q&A it`s part of league 2 football nothing new and players will leave next season when contracts end, players come and go at all Clubs, will be around 1,200 players released come end of June in the EFL.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Tue Apr 01, 2025 2:22 pmIt’s league two football. Most at this level have a rebuild every two years. It’s a lot to do with players wanting to maximise there worth and getting a better deal either with their present club or elsewhere or if they haven’t performed released by their current club.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Apr 01, 2025 1:39 pm Well it’s a discussion for the end of the season I suppose but I’m not sure I believe in cycles.
Re: Kian Spence
Far from a done deal but he is on their wanted list as I’m sure he is at a few other clubs too.
A very good player when he believes in himself and wants to be, still not convinced he always gives it his all, but he’s not on his own there.
If that’s it I wish him well.
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kian Spence
The thing about a “cycle” is that however appropriate the word might sound, by definition it implies that by the end of it, you will have returned to the point from where the cycle initiated.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Tue Apr 01, 2025 2:22 pmIt’s league two football. Most at this level have a rebuild every two years. It’s a lot to do with players wanting to maximise there worth and getting a better deal either with their present club or elsewhere or if they haven’t performed released by their current club.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Apr 01, 2025 1:39 pm Well it’s a discussion for the end of the season I suppose but I’m not sure I believe in cycles.
So literally it means that as far as our squad is concerned we are back at the point where we were when Wild took over. That was not a nice place. I would not think it would be a cause for great optimism if true.
As I say it goes to the heart of what has happened to the club this season and where it leaves us. Good end of season debate.
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3247
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kian Spence
Squad size wise we wont be much better off from when Wild took over. He made nine signings in his first window and a few for the "B" team. I would imagine Whing will make a similar number in the summer with quite a number on either two year deals or one year with an option to a second. And so the two year cycle begins again.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Apr 01, 2025 4:48 pmThe thing about a “cycle” is that however appropriate the word might sound, by definition it implies that by the end of it, you will have returned to the point from where the cycle initiated.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Tue Apr 01, 2025 2:22 pm
It’s league two football. Most at this level have a rebuild every two years. It’s a lot to do with players wanting to maximise there worth and getting a better deal either with their present club or elsewhere or if they haven’t performed released by their current club.
So literally it means that as far as our squad is concerned we are back at the point where we were when Wild took over. That was not a nice place. I would not think it would be a cause for great optimism if true.
As I say it goes to the heart of what has happened to the club this season and where it leaves us. Good end of season debate.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bruce, nottinghamblue and 30 guests