stadium name !

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

stadium name !

Post by Barrowabc » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:39 pm

There's one question I regretted not asking mr casson when we had the chance
And that was if he intends changing f.b.s to his as has been said in past
He would change the name to wilf casson stadium. I think myself that it
would be a unbelievable jester and I'm sure any of us would of or would do same.or
are we contracted to have the name Furness building society for a fixed time
unsure how it all works.
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: stadium name !

Post by boyliegladbach » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Holker street will do..

Can name a new stand or something after his dad.

But it's his club so his choice.

dogrider
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:15 am
Contact:

Re: stadium name !

Post by dogrider » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:21 am

I might be wrong here but my dad was tutored by his dad and said he was call Walter casson if wrong I hold my hands up

mally
Senior Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: stadium name !

Post by mally » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:47 am

dogrider wrote:I might be wrong here but my dad was tutored by his dad and said he was call Walter casson if wrong I hold my hands up
Yes,PC's Fatha was called Walter.

User avatar
DaveC
Platinum Member
Posts: 2929
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 9:04 am
Contact:

Re: stadium name !

Post by DaveC » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:40 am

I think The Walter Casson Holker Street Stadium would be more than acceptable to me.
Dave C

Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: stadium name !

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:35 am

Barrowabc wrote: He would change the name to wilf casson stadium. I think myself that it
would be a unbelievable jester

I don't think we want any clowning around on this one. Its very serious.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

Re: stadium name !

Post by Barrowabc » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:26 pm

sorry my mistake I knew it begun with a 'w' :oops:
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
Barrowabc wrote: He would change the name to wilf casson stadium. I think myself that it
would be a unbelievable jester

I don't think we want any clowning around on this one. Its very serious.
:lol: :lol: :lol: like ur style
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

User avatar
Bigfathoss
Platinum Member
Posts: 2767
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: stadium name !

Post by Bigfathoss » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:40 pm

It hardly matters does it? People still work in the yard or Vickers. There are still events at Vickers Sports Club. We have been going to Holker St not the FBS Stadium. Marathons are Marathons. It doesn't matter what the 'official' name is.
A=A
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.

Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 4752
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: stadium name !

Post by Hadrian » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Funny, a former member of this forum!

'Welcome to Holker Street and the Wilf Casson Stadium!', perhaps?
THE NORTHERN WAY

Outcast
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:43 am
Contact:

Re: stadium name !

Post by Outcast » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Image

audigex
Platinum Member
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:10 am
Contact:

Re: stadium name !

Post by audigex » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:48 pm

While he's perfectly entitled to name the stadium whatever he likes, I think naming a stand would be a better idea - Holker St will always be Holker St, but naming a new stand after his dad would actually mean the name would probably be used.

The Popular Side and Holker (St) End names would probably keep their names, the same as the ground, but a new stand instead of the Crossbar.... well, would anyone really be sentimental about keeping the name of the Ironworks/Crossbar end, considering that neither would be there at that point?
"I'm aware of the rules of Association Football, I merely choose to suspend them when my own team is involved" - Steve Herbert, 2011

User avatar
LDBF
Silver Member
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:36 pm
Location: Belize, Central America
Contact:

Re: stadium name !

Post by LDBF » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:21 pm

audigex wrote:While he's perfectly entitled to name the stadium whatever he likes, I think naming a stand would be a better idea - Holker St will always be Holker St, but naming a new stand after his dad would actually mean the name would probably be used.

The Popular Side and Holker (St) End names would probably keep their names, the same as the ground, but a new stand instead of the Crossbar.... well, would anyone really be sentimental about keeping the name of the Ironworks/Crossbar end, considering that neither would be there at that point?
I thought it was the "Steelworks End"?

:skill: :scarf:

Cubbins Paratrooper
Silver Member
Posts: 1447
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: NW London
Contact:

Re: stadium name !

Post by Cubbins Paratrooper » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:48 pm

If we were to ever witness a rebuilding of the (Walter Casson) Steelworks End, it could also be perhaps made into a lasting tribute to the Iron and Steel industries and those who worked within them, so fundamental to driving the original development of Barrow-in-Furness as a town.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arvo, BAFC_BillyBob, carnivalofshrews, Jim, John_Bucks, Matt, Matty, sambino, Semrush [Bot] and 60 guests