The Chairman's programme notes
-
Colin Appleton
- Senior Member
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:52 pm
- Contact:
The Chairman's programme notes
I've just read Paul Casson's piece that was in Tuesday night's programme. I thought it was a really uplifting piece written by a man who clearly not only cares about the club he has invested so much time and money into but also the area from where he was born.
What a great time to be a Barrow fan and isn't it amazing how quickly a club's fortunes can change. You look at what's happening at Eastleigh at the moment, they've probably got a better setup now than a lot of League Two clubs. Investment certainly brings hope let's hope it also brings long term results.
What a great time to be a Barrow fan and isn't it amazing how quickly a club's fortunes can change. You look at what's happening at Eastleigh at the moment, they've probably got a better setup now than a lot of League Two clubs. Investment certainly brings hope let's hope it also brings long term results.
-
Barrowabc
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2203
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
- Location: Newbarns lodge
- Contact:
Re: The Chairman's programme notes
is there a copy of this somewhere ? or could someone pop it
on here for all to read or put a link up pls
on here for all to read or put a link up pls
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash
-
dcarradus
- Senior Member
- Posts: 487
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 10:13 pm
- Location: barrow in furness,Roose
Re: The Chairman's programme notes
are there any programmes left from the gainsborough game as I was not able to attend
bluebirdsforever
Re: The Chairman's programme notes
There are two on the shelf by the door as you come in the shop !! I will try and keep you one back but can't promise as lots of people helping out at the moment until things settle down a bit ! And thing keep get moved around etc..
Steve
Steve
Re: The Chairman's programme notes
The new season has finally come to Holker Street. We have been quite busy, it has left me breathless at times, but here we are, the beginning of a brand new journey.
It is all so new that there is still that feeling of Christmas morning. We will all be getting to know our players as they learn about each other. Watch how they will play together as a team, overcome adversity, delight us with their abilities, show leadership and fulfil their potential.
I have been asked many times what my expectations are for the season. I suspect they are much the same as yours but I will only whisper them very softly at the moment. It is a long season and I have promised myself that I will not get too low after a loss nor too high after a win. I will try not to blame the referees, telling myself that such things even out over a season. I know that injuries are part of the game and I will not complain, too much, when a player is hurt.
At the end of the day. I will content myself with the belief that over a long season the best team generally wins. If this year is not, in fact, our year then you have my pledge that we will simply work harder to learn from our mistakes to get better year over year.
As I write this I am in a plane returning to Dallas. I will not be with you for this game in person but I will still be kicking every ball, wishing I was there. I hope you will all give the lads the support I believe they merit. As I mentioned in our last fans forum in the Crossbar, Holker Street is our home and the players should feel comfortable here. After a tough away game we need to create a Holker Street environment they can't wait to get back to. It is easy to praise a player that's playing well, much harder to encourage a player who is struggling.
This is your home also, you all create the environment, let's make it one we can be proud of.
So, expectations are sky high, and why not? I ask only one thing really, please just enjoy every minute. April will be here soon enough and we can all debrief then.
I personally can't ever remember being so excited since the impending births of my children and they all turned out quite well so I at least have hope. Over the coming season you will get to know them as they appear from time to time so please adopt them as the family of a proud Barrovian.
And so let us begin, this is our year, in our house, in our town, with our team.
Thanks for being a Barrow AFC supporter, some of you for decades, through thick and thin. I can't promise you anything more than out very best and I certainly don't have a crystal ball, so let's all see what happens.
sincerely
Paul
It is all so new that there is still that feeling of Christmas morning. We will all be getting to know our players as they learn about each other. Watch how they will play together as a team, overcome adversity, delight us with their abilities, show leadership and fulfil their potential.
I have been asked many times what my expectations are for the season. I suspect they are much the same as yours but I will only whisper them very softly at the moment. It is a long season and I have promised myself that I will not get too low after a loss nor too high after a win. I will try not to blame the referees, telling myself that such things even out over a season. I know that injuries are part of the game and I will not complain, too much, when a player is hurt.
At the end of the day. I will content myself with the belief that over a long season the best team generally wins. If this year is not, in fact, our year then you have my pledge that we will simply work harder to learn from our mistakes to get better year over year.
As I write this I am in a plane returning to Dallas. I will not be with you for this game in person but I will still be kicking every ball, wishing I was there. I hope you will all give the lads the support I believe they merit. As I mentioned in our last fans forum in the Crossbar, Holker Street is our home and the players should feel comfortable here. After a tough away game we need to create a Holker Street environment they can't wait to get back to. It is easy to praise a player that's playing well, much harder to encourage a player who is struggling.
This is your home also, you all create the environment, let's make it one we can be proud of.
So, expectations are sky high, and why not? I ask only one thing really, please just enjoy every minute. April will be here soon enough and we can all debrief then.
I personally can't ever remember being so excited since the impending births of my children and they all turned out quite well so I at least have hope. Over the coming season you will get to know them as they appear from time to time so please adopt them as the family of a proud Barrovian.
And so let us begin, this is our year, in our house, in our town, with our team.
Thanks for being a Barrow AFC supporter, some of you for decades, through thick and thin. I can't promise you anything more than out very best and I certainly don't have a crystal ball, so let's all see what happens.
sincerely
Paul
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it
Re: The Chairman's programme notes
Lisa, Thank you for allowing us none programme buyer's that insight. Agree that All the players will need all the support we can muster. Some will need more pat's on the back than others let's pick them up don't knock them down as none of us get it right everytime!
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Chairman's programme notes
I have one you can have. There's also some left in the player's changing rooms I will pass on to the Trust to sell.dcarradus wrote:are there any programmes left from the gainsborough game as I was not able to attend
pm me where I can pass it on to you.
Re: The Chairman's programme notes
It will also eventually appear on Ralph's newsletter.
Re: The Chairman's programme notes
Six weeks off work, i missed the typing!!! No probsMark Mc wrote:Lisa, Thank you for allowing us none programme buyer's that insight
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it
-
Barrowabc
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2203
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
- Location: Newbarns lodge
- Contact:
Re: The Chairman's programme notes
Lisa your a star and thank you so much for the time it's taken to write that
I will buy you a drink in x bar or a brew your choice
:flag:
I will buy you a drink in x bar or a brew your choice
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash
Re: The Chairman's programme notes
Tuesday was my first visit to HS for a season or so, and the first time I've bought a programme for a home game for maybe 5 (and probably more) years. I was really impressed with the quality of both the content and the professional look and feel. Not everyone will want or be able to pay £2.50 a pop I know, but for others like me who haven't bought a programme for a long while, I'd recommend giving it a go.
Re: The Chairman's programme notes
Will pop it in tonight's edition of the HSN. (Edit: Was in HSN 3362 (last article).)barrowfan wrote:It will also eventually appear on Ralph's newsletter.
Last edited by Ralph on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Richard Ingham
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5118
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
- Location: Chorley
- Contact:
Re: The Chairman's programme notes
There are a few left in the Trust shop as well.dcarradus wrote:are there any programmes left from the gainsborough game as I was not able to attend
-
Jo am back
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 951
- Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:02 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Chairman's programme notes
Better than most league 2 set ups,are you serious,thats a pathetic statement.Eastleighs ground isnt even conference standard.Colin Appleton wrote:I've just read Paul Casson's piece that was in Tuesday night's programme. I thought it was a really uplifting piece written by a man who clearly not only cares about the club he has invested so much time and money into but also the area from where he was born.
What a great time to be a Barrow fan and isn't it amazing how quickly a club's fortunes can change. You look at what's happening at Eastleigh at the moment, they've probably got a better setup now than a lot of League Two clubs. Investment certainly brings hope let's hope it also brings long term results.
Re: The Chairman's programme notes
Not having a pop at you but as far as Eastleigh's ground goes it really didn't look to clever on BT sports last nite.Jo am back wrote:Better than most league 2 set ups,are you serious,thats a pathetic statement.Eastleighs ground isnt even conference standard.Colin Appleton wrote:I've just read Paul Casson's piece that was in Tuesday night's programme. I thought it was a really uplifting piece written by a man who clearly not only cares about the club he has invested so much time and money into but also the area from where he was born.
What a great time to be a Barrow fan and isn't it amazing how quickly a club's fortunes can change. You look at what's happening at Eastleigh at the moment, they've probably got a better setup now than a lot of League Two clubs. Investment certainly brings hope let's hope it also brings long term results.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Arvo, Backofthenet, BAFC_BillyBob, barrow1987, ben_026, DaveP, Matty and 54 guests