Next game board for this season
- Bennyfromormsgill
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 909
- Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:36 am
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Next game board for this season
Once again graphix signs are providing us with our next game boards this season, please support dave and lee as much as you can if you need any signs this is the place to go the DOVER game should be advertised by the end of july 
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4102
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Next game board for this season
This is excellent
In my mind with 4 weeks to go to the first game the club should be selling tickets for the first game of the season - visiting schools with free tickets (before they break up) etc
Maybe the club is already doing things like this I would like to think so
In my mind with 4 weeks to go to the first game the club should be selling tickets for the first game of the season - visiting schools with free tickets (before they break up) etc
Maybe the club is already doing things like this I would like to think so
- Bennyfromormsgill
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 909
- Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:36 am
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Next game board for this season
The first game board will be put up tonight the first game is getting ever so close now if anybody has any ideas how we could improve match day advertising please let me know thanks 
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Next game board for this season
Do we have advertising boards on major traffic junctions around town or just on the actual ground itself?
Thanks to Graphix Signs for again helping the club, top people.
Thanks to Graphix Signs for again helping the club, top people.
- Bennyfromormsgill
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 909
- Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:36 am
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Next game board for this season
We only have 1 advertisment at the ground itself and that is by the traffic lights at the top of holker st maybe if we do eventually get an outlet in the town centre then there would be a board there as well
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
Re: Next game board for this season
A big Next Game board on Walney Road would be an idea. Plenty of eyes on it there
I wanna take you to an Away Bar
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Next game board for this season
Would the Council agree to several signs in the higher traffic area of town? the more people who see the signs the higher the chance of newbies venturing out to Holker St.
There's thousands of people out there who don't buy the NWEM or tune into Local Radio etc & There's also a large number of Contractors in town, Some of those would probably go to midweek games or if they worked the w/e might knock off at 2 so they could attend Saturday games etc.
Would signs up in Dalton & Ulverston area's be worth it? .
There's thousands of people out there who don't buy the NWEM or tune into Local Radio etc & There's also a large number of Contractors in town, Some of those would probably go to midweek games or if they worked the w/e might knock off at 2 so they could attend Saturday games etc.
Would signs up in Dalton & Ulverston area's be worth it? .
Re: Next game board for this season
Do you actually think signs do any good?
- Steelworks End
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Contact:
Re: Next game board for this season
If Barrow was on a major main route, then perhaps a sign on Walney Road would be effective in attracting some passing trade. Brackley, for example, have a sign on the A43 bypass south of the town; the difference of course is that the A43 is a major cross country route, rather than the A590 cul-de-sac to nowhere (with apologies to Walneyites!).barrowfan wrote:Do you actually think signs do any good?
With the exception of the existing sign at the ground, match day posters are probably more effective within Barrow and the surrounding areas.
- tommy2thumbs
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2473
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:26 pm
- Contact:
Re: Next game board for this season
Morescum used to have a Next Game board up in Asda Lancaster a few seasons back
And another just as you entered Lancaster, on the side of a shop
And another just as you entered Lancaster, on the side of a shop
La lucha continua...
Re: Next game board for this season
There's already a lot of billboards on Walney Road. I doubt companies would be paying to advertise on them if they didn't work. Having a nice big sign on the main road into Barrow would do no harm. Right on the corner by the soccer bar would do nicly.
I can honestly say I have never seen a poster up advertising a Barrow game anywhere (apart from the ones I've put up in my workplace). I'm sure they exist elswhere and I'm not knocking the efforts people put into designing them etc but I'm not so sure it's the most effective way of advertising. Just the same people looking at the same notice boards week after week. I'm not suggesting stopping doing them, just that we need something more public as well.
I can honestly say I have never seen a poster up advertising a Barrow game anywhere (apart from the ones I've put up in my workplace). I'm sure they exist elswhere and I'm not knocking the efforts people put into designing them etc but I'm not so sure it's the most effective way of advertising. Just the same people looking at the same notice boards week after week. I'm not suggesting stopping doing them, just that we need something more public as well.
I wanna take you to an Away Bar
-
thegaffer77
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3448
- Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
- Contact:
Re: Next game board for this season
I think it's worth a go. I see plenty of them around the Manchester area for teams in lower leagues.
Start of the by pass at Dalton before the Dalton turnoff and A590 Ulverston Booths etc would be good places. Why not?
Start of the by pass at Dalton before the Dalton turnoff and A590 Ulverston Booths etc would be good places. Why not?
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4102
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Next game board for this season
The posters need to be more of a call to action and maybe advertise the next 5 home games - I see these for FC United in my local morrisons
I'm sure someone could design a really effective poster with the first five games -
I liked the twitter thing that was done a couple of seasons ago and I'd love to see the bluebird man giving out leaflets / sweets / balloons / spot prizes / free tickets in the town centre
A few years ago there was something in debenhams where kids could take penalties at the goalkeeper - love thighs like this
I'm sure someone could design a really effective poster with the first five games -
I liked the twitter thing that was done a couple of seasons ago and I'd love to see the bluebird man giving out leaflets / sweets / balloons / spot prizes / free tickets in the town centre
A few years ago there was something in debenhams where kids could take penalties at the goalkeeper - love thighs like this
Re: Next game board for this season
I think that's the key with the posters, getting them visible in public places.Bingo wrote: I see these for FC United in my local Morrisons
I wanna take you to an Away Bar
Re: Next game board for this season
Sorry Charlie but that has to be one of the best predictive text errors for quite some time!Bingo wrote:love thighs like this
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Dezil, Semrush [Bot], Stand By Me and 36 guests