Page 1 of 7
I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:02 am
by olbarrafancumbak
With the recent announcement that sky will ruin..I mean take over I follow, something that stood out was a comment regarding the commentary and that sky will provide this. Now probably a question for Adam, does this mean he will no longer be the voice when we watch the game?
Re: I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:09 pm
by MisterPleasant
They're not taking over iFollow - that will continue to provide video streaming for non-UK viewers and audio coverage for all. I'm pretty sure, therefore, you'll still be able to hear Adam's dulcet tones. Fear not.

Re: I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:21 pm
by Adam29
IFollow won’t exist so yes they will
Audio only options will still be available but in the UK there will be no match package to watch games - it all will go through Sky who will have an independent commentator sat in a studio somewhere commentating off the live video feed
Probably be a blessing for some but hey ho
Re: I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:42 pm
by MisterPleasant
The way I read the EFL's explanation iFollow will continue, it just won't provide "domestic video streaming":
"CHANGES TO CURRENT WAYS OF WATCHING
Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?
From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences."
Re: I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:47 pm
by olbarrafancumbak
MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:42 pm
The way I read the EFL's explanation iFollow will continue, it just won't provide "domestic video streaming":
"CHANGES TO CURRENT WAYS OF WATCHING
Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?
From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences."
So domestically, it does change?
Re: I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:06 pm
by Adam29
The club websites are all changing this summer as well.
Like I said people can still get audio only options from the clubs website but match streaming for uk residents will be through Sky
Re: I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:24 pm
by MisterPleasant
olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:47 pm
MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:42 pm
The way I read the EFL's explanation iFollow will continue, it just won't provide "domestic video streaming":
"CHANGES TO CURRENT WAYS OF WATCHING
Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?
From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences."
So domestically, it does change?
For video streaming, yes, but audio continues as now (which is what I said).
Re: I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:52 pm
by Main Stand SeasonTct
For those using a vpn on a dodgy stick there is no change
Re: I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:19 pm
by Sea Dog Sam
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:52 pm
For those using a vpn on a dodgy stick there is no change
It's not the Firestick that is the issue. Unless it's one that's been bought with a dodgy streaming app on it.
It's relatively easy to 'Jailbreak' a Firestick - if you know what you're doing - to download IPTV content.
No need to buy anything dodgy.
Re: I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:43 pm
by bluessupporter
From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
So are Sky going to cover every Saturday game for those who live abroad as iFollow do now?
Re: I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:51 pm
by Main Stand SeasonTct
bluessupporter wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:43 pm
From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
So are Sky going to cover
every Saturday game for those who live abroad as iFollow do now?
the existing audio visual service for those living abroad stays the same
Re: I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:00 pm
by bluessupporter
Thanks for that. Good news.
Re: I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:13 pm
by FanzoneFan
I read an article that said Sky are going to use at least two cameras at every League Two game so the coverage should be a lot better than what’s currently on offer with I Follow.
Re: I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:26 pm
by MisterPleasant
But you will not be able (domestically) to watch on a per game basis as you can now. You will have to be a Sky or Now monthly subscriber.
Re: I follow
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:34 pm
by Main Stand SeasonTct
MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:26 pm
But you will not be able (domestically) to watch on a
per game basis as you can now. You will have to be a Sky or Now monthly subscriber.
NowTV do a day pass current price £11.99