I follow
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
I follow
With the recent announcement that sky will ruin..I mean take over I follow, something that stood out was a comment regarding the commentary and that sky will provide this. Now probably a question for Adam, does this mean he will no longer be the voice when we watch the game?
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5248
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: I follow
They're not taking over iFollow - that will continue to provide video streaming for non-UK viewers and audio coverage for all. I'm pretty sure, therefore, you'll still be able to hear Adam's dulcet tones. Fear not. 
Don't let the old man in.
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: I follow
IFollow won’t exist so yes they will
Audio only options will still be available but in the UK there will be no match package to watch games - it all will go through Sky who will have an independent commentator sat in a studio somewhere commentating off the live video feed
Probably be a blessing for some but hey ho
Audio only options will still be available but in the UK there will be no match package to watch games - it all will go through Sky who will have an independent commentator sat in a studio somewhere commentating off the live video feed
Probably be a blessing for some but hey ho
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5248
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: I follow
The way I read the EFL's explanation iFollow will continue, it just won't provide "domestic video streaming":
"CHANGES TO CURRENT WAYS OF WATCHING
Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?
From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences."
"CHANGES TO CURRENT WAYS OF WATCHING
Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?
From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences."
Don't let the old man in.
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: I follow
So domestically, it does change?MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:42 pm The way I read the EFL's explanation iFollow will continue, it just won't provide "domestic video streaming":
"CHANGES TO CURRENT WAYS OF WATCHING
Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?
From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences."
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: I follow
The club websites are all changing this summer as well.
Like I said people can still get audio only options from the clubs website but match streaming for uk residents will be through Sky
Like I said people can still get audio only options from the clubs website but match streaming for uk residents will be through Sky
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5248
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: I follow
For video streaming, yes, but audio continues as now (which is what I said).olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:47 pmSo domestically, it does change?MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:42 pm The way I read the EFL's explanation iFollow will continue, it just won't provide "domestic video streaming":
"CHANGES TO CURRENT WAYS OF WATCHING
Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?
From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences."
Don't let the old man in.
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3246
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: I follow
For those using a vpn on a dodgy stick there is no change
- Sea Dog Sam
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 790
- Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: I follow
It's not the Firestick that is the issue. Unless it's one that's been bought with a dodgy streaming app on it.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:52 pm For those using a vpn on a dodgy stick there is no change
It's relatively easy to 'Jailbreak' a Firestick - if you know what you're doing - to download IPTV content.
No need to buy anything dodgy.
Shiver Me Timbers
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3424
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: I follow
From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
So are Sky going to cover every Saturday game for those who live abroad as iFollow do now?
So are Sky going to cover every Saturday game for those who live abroad as iFollow do now?
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3246
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: I follow
the existing audio visual service for those living abroad stays the samebluessupporter wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:43 pm From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
So are Sky going to cover every Saturday game for those who live abroad as iFollow do now?
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3424
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: I follow
Thanks for that. Good news.
-
FanzoneFan
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 650
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:36 am
- Contact:
Re: I follow
I read an article that said Sky are going to use at least two cameras at every League Two game so the coverage should be a lot better than what’s currently on offer with I Follow.
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5248
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: I follow
But you will not be able (domestically) to watch on a per game basis as you can now. You will have to be a Sky or Now monthly subscriber.
Don't let the old man in.
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3246
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: I follow
NowTV do a day pass current price £11.99MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:26 pm But you will not be able (domestically) to watch on a per game basis as you can now. You will have to be a Sky or Now monthly subscriber.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: McMark and 15 guests