Search found 13 matches

by MDC1958
Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:07 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Who would (will) be interim manager?
Replies: 59
Views: 18749

Re: Who would (will) be interim manager?

tictactoe wrote:Great words from mark Boyd - think some people just want some things too soon!!! Never a truer word spoken
+ 1
by MDC1958
Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:37 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Barrow v Guiseley - Match Thread
Replies: 139
Views: 37355

Re: Barrow v Guiseley - Match Thread

Drat and Double Drat !!!
by MDC1958
Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:09 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Darren Edmondson Signs
Replies: 112
Views: 29941

Re: Darren Edmondson Signs

Thought it best to lock the old rumour topic "new manager" and start a new one. Darren Edmondson had been confirmed as the new manager of Barrow AFC. More info to follow. Welcome (back) to Barrow, Darren. Whilst im sure this will split opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinion, I ...
by MDC1958
Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:08 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Darren Edmondson Signs
Replies: 112
Views: 29941

Re: Darren Edmondson Signs

I remember when I suggested Darren as a possible candidate, comments made about my reasons. Well moving on I wish Darren well, he is a genuine lad.
by MDC1958
Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:02 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: New Manager
Replies: 792
Views: 205168

Re: New Manager

Hey Guys I was just putting my personal view on here and you have replied.
Miike Croasdell
by MDC1958
Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:46 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Club Statement
Replies: 61
Views: 16903

Re: Club Statement

Football is about results and sadly despite his best efforts Dave has not produced. That said I want to express my Thanks and wish DB all the best for whatever he chooses to do. Since 1958 when I first went to HS we have had some awful managers Brian Kidd being the most high profile so DB walk away ...
by MDC1958
Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:38 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: New Manager
Replies: 792
Views: 205168

Re: New Manager

A young kid mad keen on football used to come to my house when I lived in Coniston. He went on to be a professional footballer, and a good manager at our level and with limited resources. Darren Edmondson is my choice.
by MDC1958
Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:14 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Commercial update
Replies: 15
Views: 4186

Re: Commercial update

Cokey wrote:Peter's a top guy, and we're lucky to have him on the board. I'll be having a good think around ideas, and if I come up with any I think could be useful, I'll be feeding them into him.
+1
by MDC1958
Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:30 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Looking ahead- perceptions of the club.
Replies: 37
Views: 13332

Re: Looking ahead- perceptions of the club.

Strawberry - - - no need whatsoever for the nature of your response. Disagree by all means, but mocking the poster with "how long did it take you to think up that garbage" is unnecessary and disrespectful. I do not know Jonty and have never met him but I do know from his posts on this sit...
by MDC1958
Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:16 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Suspensions
Replies: 16
Views: 5794

Re: Suspensions

tommy2thumbs wrote:
DaveBarter wrote:It appears from the FA website that Sean Riley (physio) has been banned for 3 games for improper conduct. What the hell did he do?
Rubbed someone up the wrong way perhaps....
Class T2T :D
by MDC1958
Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:01 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Laughing stock--
Replies: 27
Views: 9987

Re: Laughing stock--

Anyone who construed Skippers post as a dig at Forrest needs to have a word with themselves. I like Danny Forrest, he seems to be a genuine nice guy but pointing out his poor record to a fan of a rival team as a bit of forum banter seems fair enough. Some people take the internet and life, way, way...
by MDC1958
Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:54 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead
Replies: 61
Views: 30100

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead

Talk of protesting against Dave Bayliss makes me sad, he doesn't deserve that. Don't get me wrong, I want him gone as much as anyone as I think he's lost it to the point that he isn't capable of turning things around and you simply can't act the way he did yesterday. However, I don't doubt his love...
by MDC1958
Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:50 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Laughing stock--
Replies: 27
Views: 9987

Re: Laughing stock--

Believe they are making a big signing this week to replace Mr Wright. Danny Forrest, rejected by us 2-3 years ago, with a career average of 1 goal every 8 games and since doing a tour of Yorkshires lesser clubs. Bit of a cheap shot that at Danny Forrest. He was at Bradford Park Avenue the other wee...