Search found 11 matches
- Wed Sep 16, 2026 1:56 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Solihull Moors v Barrow match thread
- Replies: 270
- Views: 26201
Re: Solihull Moors v Barrow match thread
Last night was an away-trip for the ages, rounded off with thoughtful motorway closures on the M40 (at Banbury) and the M25 (junction 15). By way of therapy, I took a mate’s dog for a walk along the river this morning. At ‘Anglers Reach’ I asked Milly (the dog) what she thought of Barrow’s game at S...
- Sun Feb 22, 2026 4:05 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Second Half team
- Replies: 17
- Views: 40909
Re: Second Half team
Earlier on in the season I recall being dismayed in Crawley (which, to be fair, isn’t difficult) at our second half showing. 2-0 up and cruising at the break gave way to a near 45-minute Crawley onslaught in the second half. We got away with that one but this mindset seems to be the hardwired mental...
- Sun Feb 22, 2026 1:03 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Gofundme
- Replies: 26
- Views: 31220
Re: Gofundme
With my season ticket currently offering me scorching value of £118 per home win, I might pass on this one.
- Sat Jan 18, 2025 9:00 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Swindon Town v Barrow, match thread
- Replies: 180
- Views: 69885
Re: Swindon Town v Barrow, match thread
At no point in the game did I think we were going to score. Early on in the second half Ben Jackson slung over a peach of a cross but no striker was anywhere near it, presumably because they were busy trying to work out which vertex of this week’s diamond formation they should be stood at. And that ...
- Thu Jan 09, 2025 9:29 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Aaron Pressley
- Replies: 48
- Views: 27105
Re: Aaron Pressley
Let’s hope he can make the Vale house rock.
- Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:35 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Super computer
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3943
Re: Super computer
Unfortunately for the Poisson distribution to be valid, the defined rate of something happening has to be greater than zero…. Good luck in the next raffle, anyway - maybe a case of “computer says ‘have a go’….” But you are right - what a pleasure it has been watching this team put in the hard yards ...
- Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:58 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Super computer
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3943
Re: Super computer
I don’t often post but I am a main stand season ticket holder who is based in London and am also a teacher of Mathematics. And, for my sins, I am one of the two people who developed this ‘football super-computer’ (the other guy is a computing teacher who runs a football website - I can just about tu...
- Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:31 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Barrow v Exeter match thread
- Replies: 152
- Views: 42722
Re: Barrow v Exeter match thread
Include the three games he was in charge between Dunn and Jolley and he has 29 points from 16 games.
- Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:47 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Walsall FC v Barrow AFC
- Replies: 236
- Views: 73254
Re: Walsall FC v Barrow AFC
In Rob Kelly’s 8 games in charge, we have won 15 points. Extend that record to the 32 games we have played this season and we would have 60 points and therefore be top of the league. Onwards.
- Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:18 pm
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Title Winning Moment
- Replies: 19
- Views: 6652
Re: Title Winning Moment
Bromley away was the game I thought we might well be in the promotion shake-up. They were flying and we played them off the park - the 2-1 scoreline didn’t reflect our dominance.
Maidenhead away is when I thought we could actually win it - 4-0 and it could have been 14.
Happy days.
Maidenhead away is when I thought we could actually win it - 4-0 and it could have been 14.
Happy days.
- Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:02 am
- Forum: Barrow AFC
- Topic: Suspensions and what did Fylde Chairman write ?
- Replies: 66
- Views: 16403
Re: Suspensions and what did Fylde Chairman write ?
‘David Haythornthwaite’ just happens to be an anagram of ‘Why, do hit hard, Ian Evatt’.