barrowfan1999 wrote:I've heard rumors circulating about a possible roof around the HSE - is this correct? I heard that its being built by the volunteers, so I kinda guessed I should ask here!
We've asked a couple of companies for quotes for a structure that could be built in 20 metre sections & added to as time & funding go on but that's all it was - just quotes.
It's not beyond reason to possibily do something like that in the future though.
Good day down there again & a 7:30am start in the gorgeous early morning sun.
Whitty (the 1969 one) helped carry a load of cladding sheet over to us & then went off to fix some light Elaine wanted doing (Elaine has now collared 1969 as her personal odd jobber

)
Big Al was doing his best to fix the plumbing in one of the porta loo's - not the best of job's on a day like today.....or anytime!
Kluas Moogintal was putting a coat of paint on the new doors on the disabled area, they really look the part now (Mrssenorita has made a cracking job of them) & hopefully will provide a bit of shelter for those that use it in the winter.
Exile & Bahamas Bluebird took down all the sinage at the cross bar end & were still painting the wall as we left, the signs will start to go back up when we find out which ones are still being paid for & this time on a level line.
Myself, Mrssenorita, Peter Nichols & Steve carried on with the cladding, we just ran out of time with about six sheets to go. A bit more messing around than we thought really as the terracing raises about 50mm so we had to start taking that amount off the bottoms of each sheet.
Whitty 1969's Daughter was busy putting all the little caps on the whizzer screws - good job out of the way.
Elaine was scrubbing again in the dressing rooms, I swear on it, they're cleaner than an A&E department, she wasn't happy that I wanted to use a urinal for what it's meant for
A thank you to Exile again as we never had any kitchen base units donated so he went & bought two for us this morning.
Everything going very nicely
Hope I havent missed anyone out.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.