Paul Casson
Paul Casson
Please please Paul casson can u get rid off the manager
-
mickycarrol
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1399
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson
Never going to happen I'm afraid PC has already said he's going nowhere and to me has shown a lack of ambition this season. This "we're already ahead of schedule in our 5 year plan" seems to be Edmo's get out of jail free card, facts are he won a CN league by the skin of his teeth and made it a lot harder than it should have been.
His signings this season have been nothing short of a disgrace Mellor, Fofana, VDB and Grimes are absolute garbage and have not improved our squad one bit. Credit to him for Ashton and Dixon they do look good signings but I'm afraid his poor signings far out weigh the good. It is sooooooo obvious I'm sick of saying it the squad has been SCREAMING out for a top notch centre mid who can dictate games, our squad in general is very very poor, it's cracks are papered over by the fact this is the poorest National league I can remember, the standard is poor and frustratingly the lack of ambition from PC has made our chances of doing well slim at best. This league was there to be had this season, ok we wouldn't have won it but a few top notch signings and I think the play offs were there to be got at.
Edmo's tactics leave little to be desired constantly setting up not to get beat instead of getting at teams, I've stopped mid sentence I can't be arsed anymore I'm so [SwearFilter] off. Season over already [SwearFilter] great. 900 next home game I reckon.
His signings this season have been nothing short of a disgrace Mellor, Fofana, VDB and Grimes are absolute garbage and have not improved our squad one bit. Credit to him for Ashton and Dixon they do look good signings but I'm afraid his poor signings far out weigh the good. It is sooooooo obvious I'm sick of saying it the squad has been SCREAMING out for a top notch centre mid who can dictate games, our squad in general is very very poor, it's cracks are papered over by the fact this is the poorest National league I can remember, the standard is poor and frustratingly the lack of ambition from PC has made our chances of doing well slim at best. This league was there to be had this season, ok we wouldn't have won it but a few top notch signings and I think the play offs were there to be got at.
Edmo's tactics leave little to be desired constantly setting up not to get beat instead of getting at teams, I've stopped mid sentence I can't be arsed anymore I'm so [SwearFilter] off. Season over already [SwearFilter] great. 900 next home game I reckon.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly
Bill Shankly
Re: Paul Casson
I don't think we can accuse PC of having a lack of ambition, thats an awful shout. He's backed Edmo this season, its just that either Edmo hasn't brought the right players in or isn't capable of getting the best from them (I'm not sure which yet).
PC has bought the club, given the manager enough to win a league in his first season and injected enough resource to have it sitting comfortably in the league above (we may be underachieving now but thats not his fault). I don't think much more can be expected of him in terms of what he's made available to the management team, there certainly hasn't been a lack of ambition if you ask me.
PC has bought the club, given the manager enough to win a league in his first season and injected enough resource to have it sitting comfortably in the league above (we may be underachieving now but thats not his fault). I don't think much more can be expected of him in terms of what he's made available to the management team, there certainly hasn't been a lack of ambition if you ask me.
-
mickycarrol
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1399
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson
Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly
Bill Shankly
-
Lancaster Branch
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5509
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson
We did go after Bogle. You can't force players to sign for you.mickycarrol wrote:Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
Re: Paul Casson
I'm not sticking up for him here as I've said my piece on other threads but we would always be under the cosh when trying to bring in players like that when we're up against Grimsby, Tranmere etc.mickycarrol wrote:Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
Popular side since '03.
-
mickycarrol
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1399
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson
According to who? You can force players to join you, you offer more money, simple.Lancaster Branch wrote:We did go after Bogle. You can't force players to sign for you.mickycarrol wrote:Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly
Bill Shankly
-
Lancaster Branch
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5509
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson
More money than Grimsby who get much higher crowds than us? And have a chairman who stumps up on top of that? Ok.
Re: Paul Casson
According to Alex Meechan when I asked him, but with the other clubs interested it was never likely we were going to get him.mickycarrol wrote:According to who? You can force players to join you, you offer more money, simple.Lancaster Branch wrote: We did go after Bogle. You can't force players to sign for you.
I know you were referring to pre-season but thats my point. I think PC backed Edmo as well as could've been expected, its whether Edmo used what he was given most effectively that is in question.
Re: Paul Casson
I think he lacks football connections hence all the ex Carlisle players.
He struggled to recruit and hence all the odd collection of players ( I use that loosly).
Today has cost the club money and I do not think PC is a Philanthropist
He struggled to recruit and hence all the odd collection of players ( I use that loosly).
Today has cost the club money and I do not think PC is a Philanthropist
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson
Casson has said' "No matter what happens this season, the manager will still be manager in May " We could lose every game from now on and he would still be managef. So you can all forget about him being sacked. With a total one eyed attitude like that I for one will not be getting too excited anytime soon.
-
Chris Benoit
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1768
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson
I won't be stressing too much to get out of work to attend games if Edmo is still manager
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson
Lancaster Branch wrote:We did go after Bogle. You can't force players to sign for you.mickycarrol wrote:Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
Yes you can!
You offer them more money than the other teams like we did with Wilson!
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson
Lancaster Branch wrote:More money than Grimsby who get much higher crowds than us? And have a chairman who stumps up on top of that? Ok.
Dont sign Grimes or VDB and Id imagine the money saved would pay for most of Bogles wage
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
- bobbie moore
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 848
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson
Ah but who would supply Bogle with the ball ? We haven't anyone in present team who can pass a ball to another player 
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baxterj732, Semrush [Bot] and 15 guests