Paul Casson

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
leechy38
Senior Member
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:59 am
Contact:

Paul Casson

Post by leechy38 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:02 pm

Please please Paul casson can u get rid off the manager

mickycarrol
Silver Member
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson

Post by mickycarrol » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:18 pm

Never going to happen I'm afraid PC has already said he's going nowhere and to me has shown a lack of ambition this season. This "we're already ahead of schedule in our 5 year plan" seems to be Edmo's get out of jail free card, facts are he won a CN league by the skin of his teeth and made it a lot harder than it should have been.
His signings this season have been nothing short of a disgrace Mellor, Fofana, VDB and Grimes are absolute garbage and have not improved our squad one bit. Credit to him for Ashton and Dixon they do look good signings but I'm afraid his poor signings far out weigh the good. It is sooooooo obvious I'm sick of saying it the squad has been SCREAMING out for a top notch centre mid who can dictate games, our squad in general is very very poor, it's cracks are papered over by the fact this is the poorest National league I can remember, the standard is poor and frustratingly the lack of ambition from PC has made our chances of doing well slim at best. This league was there to be had this season, ok we wouldn't have won it but a few top notch signings and I think the play offs were there to be got at.
Edmo's tactics leave little to be desired constantly setting up not to get beat instead of getting at teams, I've stopped mid sentence I can't be arsed anymore I'm so [SwearFilter] off. Season over already [SwearFilter] great. 900 next home game I reckon.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson

Post by Kieran » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:32 pm

I don't think we can accuse PC of having a lack of ambition, thats an awful shout. He's backed Edmo this season, its just that either Edmo hasn't brought the right players in or isn't capable of getting the best from them (I'm not sure which yet).

PC has bought the club, given the manager enough to win a league in his first season and injected enough resource to have it sitting comfortably in the league above (we may be underachieving now but thats not his fault). I don't think much more can be expected of him in terms of what he's made available to the management team, there certainly hasn't been a lack of ambition if you ask me.

mickycarrol
Silver Member
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson

Post by mickycarrol » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:38 pm

Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly

Lancaster Branch
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson

Post by Lancaster Branch » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:44 pm

mickycarrol wrote:Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
We did go after Bogle. You can't force players to sign for you.

Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5374
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson

Post by Matty » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:44 pm

mickycarrol wrote:Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
I'm not sticking up for him here as I've said my piece on other threads but we would always be under the cosh when trying to bring in players like that when we're up against Grimsby, Tranmere etc.
Popular side since '03.

mickycarrol
Silver Member
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson

Post by mickycarrol » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:45 pm

Lancaster Branch wrote:
mickycarrol wrote:Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
We did go after Bogle. You can't force players to sign for you.
According to who? You can force players to join you, you offer more money, simple.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly

Lancaster Branch
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson

Post by Lancaster Branch » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:47 pm

More money than Grimsby who get much higher crowds than us? And have a chairman who stumps up on top of that? Ok.

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson

Post by Kieran » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:55 pm

mickycarrol wrote:
Lancaster Branch wrote: We did go after Bogle. You can't force players to sign for you.
According to who? You can force players to join you, you offer more money, simple.
According to Alex Meechan when I asked him, but with the other clubs interested it was never likely we were going to get him.

I know you were referring to pre-season but thats my point. I think PC backed Edmo as well as could've been expected, its whether Edmo used what he was given most effectively that is in question.

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3495
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Paul Casson

Post by Pedro » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:09 pm

I think he lacks football connections hence all the ex Carlisle players.
He struggled to recruit and hence all the odd collection of players ( I use that loosly).
Today has cost the club money and I do not think PC is a Philanthropist

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson

Post by GTBLUE » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:32 pm

Casson has said' "No matter what happens this season, the manager will still be manager in May " We could lose every game from now on and he would still be managef. So you can all forget about him being sacked. With a total one eyed attitude like that I for one will not be getting too excited anytime soon.

Chris Benoit
Gold Member
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson

Post by Chris Benoit » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:00 pm

I won't be stressing too much to get out of work to attend games if Edmo is still manager
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.

If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Lancaster Branch wrote:
mickycarrol wrote:Im referring to pre season really, the lack of big name signings(for this level) showed a lack of ambition, I was expecting a bit of money to be thrown at players. WE should have been going after the Omar Bogles and the top end non league players, instead we signed poor poor players who no one else wanted for zero pence.
We did go after Bogle. You can't force players to sign for you.

Yes you can!

You offer them more money than the other teams like we did with Wilson!
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:06 pm

Lancaster Branch wrote:More money than Grimsby who get much higher crowds than us? And have a chairman who stumps up on top of that? Ok.

Dont sign Grimes or VDB and Id imagine the money saved would pay for most of Bogles wage
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

User avatar
bobbie moore
Bronze Member
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson

Post by bobbie moore » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:44 pm

Ah but who would supply Bogle with the ball ? We haven't anyone in present team who can pass a ball to another player :evil:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests