Firstly just repeating the thanks to JR for putting the refreshments on in a very decent watering hole.
Southport are the worst team I have seen this year and are going to find life difficult in this league.However,that doesn't take away the performance of Barrow AFC who from the KO completely outplayed their opponents.We actually played football on the ground for the majority of the game and it was good to see.At 0-4 we just took our foot off the pedal for the last ten minutes and a southport player found himself in acres of space to reduce the deficit.
It would have been nice to keep a clean sheet but we can't complain too much.Had to chuckle when supersub Grimes came on..................and then was taken off.I still can't see what he brings to the table and maybe a new career choice needs to be taken.
Great following from Barrow in a crowd which looked smaller than the official figure.Off we go to Lincoln confidence at a high,but they will be a different kettle of fish altogether.Here's hoping.
Sorry to hear the bus broke down,but I had already alighted and was probably in bed.
