Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
colyates
Veteran Member
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:07 pm
Location: dalton
Contact:

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Post by colyates » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:55 pm

TheGasMan wrote:Hi everybody,
Hope your all looking forward to what should be a tremendous cup tie. At ten pounds a ticket I'm hoping for large crowd making for an electric atmosphere.
Yes, it's true your fans that choose to stand will be open to the elements but I'm sure you are all acquainted to a bit of rain.
Need any tips or advice to your day in Bristol? please don't hesitate to ask me and I will do my best to answer.

Good luck.
Will we be allowed In pubs near the ground

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11133
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Post by Jonty » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:09 pm

Taunton assistant boss talking to their local rag about our strengths and weaknesses.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/how-do-bri ... story.html
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

BristolBluebird
Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:50 am
Contact:

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Post by BristolBluebird » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:31 pm

colyates wrote:
TheGasMan wrote:Hi everybody,
Hope your all looking forward to what should be a tremendous cup tie. At ten pounds a ticket I'm hoping for large crowd making for an electric atmosphere.
Yes, it's true your fans that choose to stand will be open to the elements but I'm sure you are all acquainted to a bit of rain.
Need any tips or advice to your day in Bristol? please don't hesitate to ask me and I will do my best to answer.

Good luck.
Will we be allowed In pubs near the ground
answer to your question is yes

BristolBluebird
Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:50 am
Contact:

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Post by BristolBluebird » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:34 pm

Jonty wrote:Taunton assistant boss talking to their local rag about our strengths and weaknesses.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/how-do-bri ... story.html
I listened on the local radio their assistant manager is wary of us he gave us huge respect

User avatar
The Tomahawk Kid
Platinum Member
Posts: 3386
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
Location: Dingly Dell
Contact:

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Post by The Tomahawk Kid » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:36 am

BristolBluebird wrote:
Jonty wrote:Taunton assistant boss talking to their local rag about our strengths and weaknesses.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/how-do-bri ... story.html
I listened on the local radio their assistant manager is wary of us he gave us huge respect
I wouldn't be looking too much into that if I was the Rovers management team. I can't see Paul Cox losing much sleep either. Taunton tried everything in the book to upset us - from niggling fouls to down right cheating. If Barrow play the same way on Sunday as described in that report I'd be very surprised... :roll:
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid

John_Bucks
Gold Member
Posts: 2371
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Post by John_Bucks » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:31 pm

How rubbish is it not having a Barrow game to check on on a Saturday...?
Life is always better when it's better

Alloa wasp
New Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Post by Alloa wasp » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:54 pm

Good luck barrow :scarf:

User avatar
xerxes
Gold Member
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:21 pm
Location: Cheshire
Contact:

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Post by xerxes » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:43 pm

The Tomahawk Kid wrote: I'm clutching at straws here but if I remember correctly the Bristol Rovers team contained someone who went on to become famous with a big club - was it Ron Yeats who later played for Liverpool?..
Just dug out the programme, their line-up - Laurie Taylor(GK), Tom Stanton, Lindsay Parsons, Phil Roberts, Stuart Taylor, Frank Prince, Ray Graydon, Wayne Jones, Robin Stubbs, Bobby Jones, Harold Jarman. Sub - Peter Higgins.

Graydon is probably the most well known, subsequently played for Aston Villa. Jarman was apparently also a county cricketer.

User avatar
Steelworks End
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5959
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: Bristol Rovers v Barrow AFC - FA Cup game

Post by Steelworks End » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:53 pm

xerxes wrote:
Graydon is probably the most well known, subsequently played for Aston Villa. Jarman was apparently also a county cricketer.
Indeed xerxes, he had ten years with Gloucestershire.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fazered, tommy2thumbs and 27 guests