The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:Ralph wrote:
He's a retired headmaster, not just a teacher.
Quorn weren't a Sunday League .
Thanks for supporting my point no end
No, this doesn't support your point. It does the opposite.
Being a head-master has similar responsibilities to those in the (private) business sector. They have to control budgets, hire staff, etc. Most schools are run as a business with considerable government involvement (interference?), but if anything running a school has more in common with running Barrow AFC than we may realise, in that, the need for good community relations is more pressing with a school than with a business.
Football isn't big business, Simon Kuper's excellent book, Soccernomics, makes the point that most supermarkets have a higher financial turnover than Premier League clubs.
I don't understand why you don't rate Straker just because he doesn't come from a business background. I have heard nothing but good things about him, both from the local football community and more importantly from the business community as well, he is well thought of, and I believe is doing a good job for BAFC.