Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:18 pm
NORTHERNSOUL wrote: ↑Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:39 pm
As it happens i.m none of those things
I.m someone who has despite the best efforts of Boris to close down my business just because he shit himself at the thought of 250k deaths and who has succeeded by increasing our turnover by 33% since the lockdown despite advertising and promotion being difficult if not impossible and it being one where physical interaction is what it's all about yet not one of our people or to the best of my knowledge any of our clients has had any virus issues. So I think I have a good insight into what a lot of people who are football fans think and that's that in the main this virus is something that people under 50 don't really have to worry about and should be left to get on with their lives and earning a living and the deaths and hospital admission figures completely back up that fact [ try looking up how many of the 40k deaths were white, u45-year-old males in none care professions with no existing ailments and not cohabiting with anyone in those or similar categories ] I believe you.ll find in fact that its about 1.5 %.
Now I don't mind debating or arguing the facts of the current situation with anyone but it does help if they have at least a basic understanding of what's actually going on and who doesn't get all their information and propaganda from Boris.s nightly 5pm laughter show. And your assertation that our military wouldn't have done a better job than Boris.s private company stitch up [ try looking up the one doing the school dinner vouchers and failing as badly as anyone could possibly fail ] and the fact that you don't seem to realise that just about every country around the world have deployed their military to a greater extent than we have proves that you don't fall into that category.
This is the danger. Selfishness. Know it alls. If you had the virus and it didn't affect you, bully for you, but what if you infected someone older and they died? If you were responsible, that's ok is it? Seems to me you don't get, or don't want to get the bigger picture. There are many many older people at Holker Street. This is way off thread, and I'm unlikely to post anything else about the virus.
Not selfish at all And Yes I do take pride in knowing it all on a subject that takes my interest. But i.m not sure why you think that I.ve already been infected because i.m pretty sure that I haven't.
I wouldn't really be bothered because to get infected that old person would have been ignoring the advice and being out and about to have been infected by me wouldn't they but i.m very interested to know how you think anyone could ever know who had actually infected them as i.m, not in the habit of visiting pensioners in their own homes. Same goes for being at the match if you're scared of it then lock yourself away and stay safe for the foreseeable future I don't have an issue with that but let the rest of us whos chances of catching it are minimal or even less of becoming seriously ill and virtually nil of dying get on with our lives, earning a living and getting the bloody country moving again.
Problem is you're backing a govt campaign that's utterly futile or can you tell me what their intended outcome is ? With no vaccine on the horizon, our only hope of beating the virus is herd immunity and by driving down the figures with all these stupid hair-brained schemes like masks and quarantine is just delaying achieving that But of course, you won't see Boris or any of them telling you why they're advocating this policy and what they see as the end game without a vaccine or are they really so stupid to think that the British people will put up with this crap for much longer.
But yes I do think you're right and you really should either open up your mind on the subject and stop listening to Boris.s propaganda and accept that there are alternative ways out of this or do as you say and stop posting on the subject.