I'm assuming that Evatt's vow of silence is as much to assist Bolton as it is to support BAFC. If he takes decisive action to assist a move this does not help Bolton. I'm sure that somewhere there is already a draft press release in which our soon to be erstwhile manager tells the world what a wonderful club we are but how he simply could not resist the temptation of the great Bolton Wanderers. But if he either declares his desire for this outcome too early or walks he becomes a contract breaker at worst a rather shallow, self-interested if talented bloke at best. Whether these things are true or not is not really relevant. But I get the impression that perception means a lot to him.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:01 pm It's a game of poker and Barrow hold the aces because we have a team for next season and Bolton don't therefore their need to move things on is greater than ours. Either they will have to pay or persuade Ian Evatt to break his contract and that will have to be done soon as they need to get players in pretty quickly. It's to the advantage of both clubs for this to be sorted but much more important for them than us.
He might be able to see this iceberg approaching where he has to take a position. I think he might be a little naïve in the politics of all of this. I also think that he might be somewhat sensitive to criticism. Its almost impossible to go through your career without being thought of badly by someone for doing something. Perhaps he should give Neil Warnock a ring for some Career Advice.