IFollow
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8339
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
They really like making it hard work don’t they? Just give the home club all the revenue from both home and away fans, easy
-
JammyBluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1390
- Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm
- Location: Barrow
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
This could work in our favour then. Our away following past Birmingham is usually relatively low numbers due to our location. So if we get 1000 people watching a stream for a southern away game I hope we'd be keeping 850-900 of those.MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:24 am I've found this from the Pompey chairman. It was only 2 days ago so I think reflects current position. It seems we will benefit when clubs with larger followings visit. However, how the average away attendance is calculated is anybody's guess!:
‘How it works is you get to keep the home revenue and then the average of what the visiting team would have taken to Fratton Park as their away following.
‘However, it impacts against us because of the size of our away following.
‘So should Shrewsbury visit and average, as a round figure, 200 away. We keep that and then they have the rest on top.
‘If you go to Rochdale, though, the first however many thousands of fans the EFL deem would have travelled to that game are taken away and that money is given to the home team – not us.
‘Considering the size of our away following, that impacts on us quite severely.’
Re: IFollow
Hows the commentary working on sat ? Will there still still be home and away 2 different rc feeds ?
-
Broughton Fan
- Senior Member
- Posts: 267
- Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
Would be interesting to see what iFollow estimates as our away following for the Cumbrian derby at Carlisle on Saturday
Re: IFollow
BBCRC have two commentary options so I imagine that will be reflected in the iFollow options, as normal.
THE NORTHERN WAY
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: IFollow
We keep 500 or under of the away support. Then it goes to the away club
We get the home support (though of course all STs are getting that for free)
It hasn't changed in any way this week. They decide it League by League so it is possible League 1 are different
S
We get the home support (though of course all STs are getting that for free)
It hasn't changed in any way this week. They decide it League by League so it is possible League 1 are different
S
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5252
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
I was just going off AJ's comment that it was changing to a system of averages and found that from Pompey. I wasn't aware each league decided their own. Looking for info about how the iFollow money is divvied up is like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack.
Don't let the old man in.
-
NORTHERNSOUL
- Senior Member
- Posts: 297
- Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:47 am
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
As i understand it the bit about averages refers to the system they were going to bring in for this season and not to the emergency version that they have put in place.barrowaberdeen wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:49 pm We keep 500 or under of the away support. Then it goes to the away club
We get the home support (though of course all STs are getting that for free)
It hasn't changed in any way this week. They decide it League by League so it is possible League 1 are different
S
Apparently, the FL sent out an e.mail last week that referred to the average stuff that was wrong and shouldn't have been sent out and it seems to have confused more than one club chairman.
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: IFollow
That would make sense. It left all a bit bemused.
Would like to think we might scrape a few quid out of Saturday, but the money coming in will mostly be from home games.
Would like to think we might scrape a few quid out of Saturday, but the money coming in will mostly be from home games.
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
If we sell 500+ for Saturday’s game & the club get 80% of the subscribers fee then we get around 4K.
If we were all allowed in we would have took 1 to 1.5K fans & recieved Nowt, Wouldn’t we?
If we were all allowed in we would have took 1 to 1.5K fans & recieved Nowt, Wouldn’t we?
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8339
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
We get the revenue above 500 I think? So if we sold 600 we’d get the revenue from a 100mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:19 pm If we sell 500+ for Saturday’s game & the club get 80% of the subscribers fee then we get around 4K.
If we were all allowed in we would have took 1 to 1.5K fans & recieved Nowt, Wouldn’t we?
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
Yes you are correct & I know this but had a brainfart, my apologiesHenneysKnee wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:25 pmWe get the revenue above 500 I think? So if we sold 600 we’d get the revenue from a 100mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:19 pm If we sell 500+ for Saturday’s game & the club get 80% of the subscribers fee then we get around 4K.
If we were all allowed in we would have took 1 to 1.5K fans & recieved Nowt, Wouldn’t we?
Re: IFollow
I,m having a problem registering on IFollow. I have completed the process several time but when I push the Create Account, I get the message 'Something went wrong please try again'. All the boxes are filled in correctly as far as I'm concerned. Can someone please help?
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: IFollow
I had mass problems last week.When I click on the ifollowefl icon it say's email and password invalid.
In the end I reregistered and it seems to be ok for now. Click on the club website, then click on ifollow. If your name appears on the bottom left corner you are registered and will be able to watch tomorrow's match.Hope that helps.
In the end I reregistered and it seems to be ok for now. Click on the club website, then click on ifollow. If your name appears on the bottom left corner you are registered and will be able to watch tomorrow's match.Hope that helps.
Re: IFollow
I've tried what you suggested but my name doesn't appear on the IFollow menu. I've tried to register again but with the same problem.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Steeley and 39 guests