Cambridge v Barrow match thread
Re: Cambridge v Barrow match thread
Best display of the season for me. Cambridge never really had a sniff. The ref was so poor, almost like he could'nt be bothered !
Re: Cambridge v Barrow match thread
A lot of it is having a striker who has the knack of being in the right place at the right time. From what I heard today (and have heard in other games) we had a lot of passes/crosses that fizzed across the area and just needed a finishing touch. I have heard John Goodwin commenting in several games "...just didn't get there" or "...needed to gamble". Wasn't it Nicky Peverell who people used to say never scored from more than 6 yards?andyg wrote: ↑Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:35 pm How many goals have our forwards scored in league games this season? I think it's four - James 1 and Dior 3 but two of those were pens. Could be wrong but we really need to have a finisher hope Quigley is the answer - he needs that first goal now. Reason why Cambridge are up there is because Mullins has been scoring for them. It makes a hell of a difference - at any level of football.
There was debate today between our commentators when Quigley came on about whether he or James would be the 'hold up' player dropping deep. Maybe if they play together Quigley can hold up and James could be the one to be in the right place to finish those chances?
Re: Cambridge v Barrow match thread
Delighted to get a point late on but my overwhelming feeling is being disappointed not to win. Going by the radio it seemed like we deserved to win by a few goals.
I really don’t think there’s anyone for us to be afraid of in this league.
I really don’t think there’s anyone for us to be afraid of in this league.
Re: Cambridge v Barrow match thread
We have also got Sea to think of combining with the other forwards. Personally think Dior maybe spending some time on the bench and maybe come on as a impact player with his pace. Anyway with so many games coming up after next Saturday think we will see a few changes taking place in each game. I actually like Dior but I see him more a a wide man than a frequently scoring forward. He's a bit of a poor mans Theo Walcott never a striker but has his moments coming in from wide positions.Jim wrote: ↑Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:53 pmA lot of it is having a striker who has the knack of being in the right place at the right time. From what I heard today (and have heard in other games) we had a lot of passes/crosses that fizzed across the area and just needed a finishing touch. I have heard John Goodwin commenting in several games "...just didn't get there" or "...needed to gamble". Wasn't it Nicky Peverell who people used to say never scored from more than 6 yards?andyg wrote: ↑Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:35 pm How many goals have our forwards scored in league games this season? I think it's four - James 1 and Dior 3 but two of those were pens. Could be wrong but we really need to have a finisher hope Quigley is the answer - he needs that first goal now. Reason why Cambridge are up there is because Mullins has been scoring for them. It makes a hell of a difference - at any level of football.
There was debate today between our commentators when Quigley came on about whether he or James would be the 'hold up' player dropping deep. Maybe if they play together Quigley can hold up and James could be the one to be in the right place to finish those chances?
Re: Cambridge v Barrow match thread
The game - second half in particular was a joy to watch. Those lads have got what it takes - one of the best comebacks I've seen for many a season.
Woodwork denied us twice and we had a ref and linesman who completely bottled it.
A tough number of games coming up in a short period of time but we can do it coz WE ARE BARROW!

Woodwork denied us twice and we had a ref and linesman who completely bottled it.
A tough number of games coming up in a short period of time but we can do it coz WE ARE BARROW!
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2841
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Cambridge v Barrow match thread
We battered Carlisle in the second half.
Admittedly, Carlisle should have been 3 or 4 goals up after a miserable first half performance.
Re: Cambridge v Barrow match thread
Totally agree. I’m more concerned with us working our way up the table than fearing we’ll slip down it.
Really don’t think we’ll be in any relegation danger.
Re: Cambridge v Barrow match thread
I didn't get to see it today, just listened on RC. I liked Dunn's comment in the interview that we didn't get what we deserved because in actual fact we deserved to win. Just going by audio alone it did seem that something along the lines of 1-6 would have been a fair result today. I thought 1-7 but I hesitated, thinking maybe I might be a tad biased.
-
behind the goals
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2254
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Cambridge v Barrow match thread
Josh Kay missing next week FGR 5 bookings.
Re: Cambridge v Barrow match thread
was the same here
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2841
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Cambridge v Barrow match thread
Thought we were brilliant. Shows we can compete with anybody in this league, home or away.
Re: Cambridge v Barrow match thread
Happiest I've been during lockdown, a few more games like that and it will soon be December 2nd
-
SayitagainSam
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 913
- Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:31 pm
- Contact:
Re: Cambridge v Barrow match thread
Need him on for penalties...Desmond2-2 wrote: ↑Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:47 pm Great half. Get Angus off he’s completely useless AGAIN!!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: AFC Blue and 23 guests