Totally agree with this post Blue Nige..... look at his previous record and now ours. I can’t see too many positives.blue nige wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:10 am Firstly the appointment was a farce ,how could this happen when you don't even consider other candidates? it's the equivalent of giving a job to someone because you heard he/she is ok!(it can't have been based on his managerial record).
secondly recruitment, we were starting the season with Quigs suspended so we knew when he came back he'd need a few games to get up to speed, so a goalscorer had to be a priority (I know this is easier said than done) we didn't, when questioned on this Dunn said you can't get a decent centre forward with our budget, did he not know about the budget when he took the job ?
thirdly recruitment 2 a lot of our signings had been sidelined with previous injury problems this in itself should have sent alarm bells ringing, also the players seemed to be signed with no thought as to how they would fit in to any system e.g. lack of pace,age etc.
fourth
injuries whilst a lot of clubs get injuries (covid restrictions) did we prepare enough the players seemed to be going down like flies and then take an age to come back some still without any clarity on what's going on, fitness must come into this we don't seem anywhere near last seasons levels.
finally leadership the board, players and the fans, we all need positivity a plan a way out of this situation, I for one just hear definitely maybe (sorry oasis)
we need fresh ideas, different strategy I'm afraid David Dunn possesses neither!
Sack Dunn
Re: Sack Dunn
Re: Sack Dunn
If you can't handle defeat as a football supporter, take up knitting instead.
Back the board, back the trust, back the team and back the manager.
Back the board, back the trust, back the team and back the manager.
THE NORTHERN WAY
Re: Sack Dunn
Would it be too much to hope that you will also withdraw your favour from here at the same time? 'Cretin' is an unacceptable term to use.
THE NORTHERN WAY
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7134
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
if you mean that why are you on here ? the clue is in the title "forum " going by your philosophy or lack of it we shouldn't have elections any more just accept everything!
Re: Sack Dunn
Ridiculous inference.
THE NORTHERN WAY
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5251
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
Sorry, blue nige, but that doesn't negate my point. Are you saying that a few supporters on social media are better informed? Do you know what happens on the training ground or in the dressing room? Do you have a better handle on the finances than our accountant chairman? Just because some people find DD's media interviews uninspiring doesn't mean that he's not great with the players and that, maybe...just maybe, they feel they're letting him down. As I said earlier, you could see Quigs was absolutely gutted last night.blue nige wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:47 pmwas that the "informed decision " on how he was appointed come on people need to stop saying we'll turn it around please can anyone explain how because it seems to be going the opposite in mine and a lot of people's eye's!MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:14 pm I wouldn't take issue with that, @Barra Marra , but despite what's happened so far I believe the management has enough to make changes. Yes, I'd like to see Reid and Sea given more of a crack, yes, the formation might need to change to shore things up and finally, yes, we do need a more forward-looking midfielder signed in January. But I think Dunn/Kelly have enough nous to do something about it. I also think the board (which includes a Trust director) will be much closer to what's happening in the dressing room and in the wider club to take an informed decision should the time come to take action.
Don't let the old man in.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7134
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
you'd be surprised what I do know but here's not the place !MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:09 pmSorry, blue nige, but that doesn't negate my point. Are you saying that a few supporters on social media are better informed? Do you know what happens on the training ground or in the dressing room? Do you have a better handle on the finances than our accountant chairman? Just because some people find DD's media interviews uninspiring doesn't mean that he's not great with the players and that, maybe...just maybe, they feel they're letting him down. As I said earlier, you could see Quigs was absolutely gutted last night.
why did you dodge my comment on the way Dunn was appointed?
also yes I don't know about all the financial expenditure etc. but what you ,I and everyone else knows is that relegation would be a financial disaster even you can't spin that one !
-
PerthBluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1373
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
Hi hadrian hope you are well here is a song that seems to sum you and david dunn up
Enjoy!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfrt9v_56MU
All opinions expressed are my own , not here to cause kick off just enact debate.
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5251
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
I didn't think I did dodge it. But, to suggest DD's appointment was made in 'starry-eyed' mode when the board has been pretty hard-nosed on most other things stretches belief.blue nige wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:22 pmyou'd be surprised what I do know but here's not the place !MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:09 pm
Sorry, blue nige, but that doesn't negate my point. Are you saying that a few supporters on social media are better informed? Do you know what happens on the training ground or in the dressing room? Do you have a better handle on the finances than our accountant chairman? Just because some people find DD's media interviews uninspiring doesn't mean that he's not great with the players and that, maybe...just maybe, they feel they're letting him down. As I said earlier, you could see Quigs was absolutely gutted last night.
why did you dodge my comment on the way Dunn was appointed?
also yes I don't know about all the financial expenditure etc. but what you ,I and everyone else knows is that relegation would be a financial disaster even you can't spin that one !
Don't let the old man in.
Re: Sack Dunn
Trying to ridicule people for expressing a different perspective is not what a forum is about
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7134
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
you're right just like the sexist remark above
Last edited by blue nige on Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7134
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
Well there's something we agree on when I heard (from the interview with Paul Hornby) on how they picked the new manager yes iwas pretty amazed because up until then and up to now they have been absolutely fantastic so unless you know more than our chairman please share!MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:59 pmI didn't think I did dodge it. But, to suggest DD's appointment was made in 'starry-eyed' mode when the board has been pretty hard-nosed on most other things stretches belief.blue nige wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:22 pm
you'd be surprised what I do know but here's not the place !
why did you dodge my comment on the way Dunn was appointed?
also yes I don't know about all the financial expenditure etc. but what you ,I and everyone else knows is that relegation would be a financial disaster even you can't spin that one !
-
SayitagainSam
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 913
- Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:31 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
Question:
Just wondering....does anyone happen to know for sure, if DD or any players read this forum?
If so, do you think they seriously consider fans opinions or simply pay no attention, given so many are just rants....
Just wondering....does anyone happen to know for sure, if DD or any players read this forum?
If so, do you think they seriously consider fans opinions or simply pay no attention, given so many are just rants....
-
Barrowabc
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2203
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
- Location: Newbarns lodge
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
This for me xxx
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash
-
Barrowabc
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2203
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
- Location: Newbarns lodge
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
You are a cock nige
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Freya, John_Bucks and 19 guests