Just don’t submit his gift receipts for tax purposes.geobarrovian wrote: ↑Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:05 pmBill Oddie for manager? Although I would imagine he will be more interested in the ongoings of Ormsgill Reservoir than football.+[ [[Kris]] ]+ wrote: ↑Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:55 pm Sack Dunn for being unloyal - disloyal. And for joining in fun in a way that excludes his employer. And sack him for being an absolute idiot and inefficient.
This country
Sack Dunn
- +[ [[Kris]] ]+
- Member
- Posts: 217
- Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:42 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
How does it make you feel to know that you voted for this?
- +[ [[Kris]] ]+
- Member
- Posts: 217
- Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:42 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
Also some pub bathroom grade cocaine bottom lips on display.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:11 pm Some great thought provoking if possibly alcohol inspired stuff on this thread.
How does it make you feel to know that you voted for this?
-
Chris Benoit
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1768
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
You don't need to be drunk or coked up to see that we are not picking up enough points and can only attribute it to bad luck for so long. Dunn should never have been appointed, this was probably the most important appointment in our history and we went for a guy who's only previous experience was a disaster at Oldham and a few games as caretaker at Blackpool.+[ [[Kris]] ]+ wrote: ↑Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:11 amAlso some pub bathroom grade cocaine bottom lips on display.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:11 pm Some great thought provoking if possibly alcohol inspired stuff on this thread.
People constantly go on about the "step up in class" but the fact that nobody has ever dropped straight back into non league speaks for itself.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
-
blue blue boy
- Senior Member
- Posts: 344
- Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:29 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
Could I put in an early shout for Danny Cowley formerly of Lincoln and then Huddersfield. Possibility he may have his sights set higher these days but you never know.
Re: Sack Dunn
" but the fact that nobody has ever dropped straight back into non league speaks for itself."-Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:32 amYou don't need to be drunk or coked up to see that we are not picking up enough points and can only attribute it to bad luck for so long. Dunn should never have been appointed, this was probably the most important appointment in our history and we went for a guy who's only previous experience was a disaster at Oldham and a few games as caretaker at Blackpool.+[ [[Kris]] ]+ wrote: ↑Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:11 am
Also some pub bathroom grade cocaine bottom lips on display.
People constantly go on about the "step up in class" but the fact that nobody has ever dropped straight back into non league speaks for itself.
Well, its gonna happen at some point.
I wonder who it might be?.
-
Craigthered
- Member
- Posts: 234
- Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
Absolutely no chance Danny Cowley would be interested his stock is far higher hence why we currently have Dunnblue blue boy wrote: ↑Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:08 am Could I put in an early shout for Danny Cowley formerly of Lincoln and then Huddersfield. Possibility he may have his sights set higher these days but you never know.
Re: Sack Dunn
Really!!.Craigthered wrote: ↑Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:17 amAbsolutely no chance Danny Cowley would be interested his stock is far higher hence why we currently have Dunnblue blue boy wrote: ↑Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:08 am Could I put in an early shout for Danny Cowley formerly of Lincoln and then Huddersfield. Possibility he may have his sights set higher these days but you never know.
Is that 'Really' the reason we have Dunn?.
Was there really no one with a proven track record at this level available?.
-
Craigthered
- Member
- Posts: 234
- Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
We have Dunn as the board thought that we could strike gold on an unproven manager again.
-
LewisBAFC1901
- Senior Member
- Posts: 379
- Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
He best be gone by the next home game or the banner will come out. We have the materials waiting. We will voice our concerns
-
Man and Boy
- Senior Member
- Posts: 280
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:12 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
I started going to Holker Street to support Barrow Soccer when I was seven (in 1950) and I’ve been supporting and attending, home and away, ever since, and now I’m seventy eight. In all the years I’ve been a supporter, the worst year, by far, was the year we were voted out of the Football League. In the forty eight years we were in the wilderness I still supported the team, through thick and thin...and believe me there were a lot of thin times. But then the day came I, and every other supporter, had longed for, we were promoted back into the Football League. What a glorious day! But now it’s beginning to look more than likely that we are destined for a quick return to the Non League wilderness. Which would be utter devastation.!!! And in my opinion, the present management team do not have the skills to prevent this happening. We need a change. Someone who can breath new enthusiasm and determination into the team, because they’re not as bad as some people make them out to be. All that is needed is a fresh approach. And sooner than later, because if the team has to wait another forty eight years to get back into the Football League, I don’t think I’ll be around to witness it happening.
Re: Sack Dunn
100% agree with this.Man and Boy wrote: ↑Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:11 pm I started going to Holker Street to support Barrow Soccer when I was seven (in 1950) and I’ve been supporting and attending, home and away, ever since, and now I’m seventy eight. In all the years I’ve been a supporter, the worst year, by far, was the year we were voted out of the Football League. In the forty eight years we were in the wilderness I still supported the team, through thick and thin...and believe me there were a lot of thin times. But then the day came I, and every other supporter, had longed for, we were promoted back into the Football League. What a glorious day! But now it’s beginning to look more than likely that we are destined for a quick return to the Non League wilderness. Which would be utter devastation.!!! And in my opinion, the present management team do not have the skills to prevent this happening. We need a change. Someone who can breath new enthusiasm and determination into the team, because they’re not as bad as some people make them out to be. All that is needed is a fresh approach. And sooner than later, because if the team has to wait another forty eight years to get back into the Football League, I don’t think I’ll be around to witness it happening.
I’m 48 and I will be unlikely to see us back in the League again either if we don’t stay up.
Let’s be truthful and admit that we were fortunate in the way promotion happened last season - we may indeed have gone on to do it if the season had continued but let’s face fact it would have been tough.
So please let’s not throw this opportunity away. Take action now and before it’s too late.
-
Bluebird_john
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
7 years ago today we lost 6-0 at home to Gainsborough. Look where we are now, lets back the club on and off the pitch!!! BLUEBIRDS
Re: Sack Dunn
I put a post up in another topic but basically it was in our last 8 games (including cup penalty shoot outs) we haven't won a match and drew 2 league games. Scored 6 and conceded 11 but in previous 8 games to that we won 3, drew 3 scored 13 and conceded 11 so goal scoring has become a problem and looking at our next few games its going to be tough. I don't like to see a manager go but as the games pass I just can't see how the club won't make a decision esp if no more points are added. We have 3 games before the boxing day game so is 3 points (1 win or 3 draws) enough ? I don't think so personally. I think we need at least 1 win and 1 draw for the BOD not to sack him. It could even be the BOD have promised a couple of extra players (loans or other) in the transfer window due to injuries. Im like everyone on here, we must stay up no matter what!
-
Paulmichael
- Senior Member
- Posts: 281
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sack Dunn
That's irrelevant, we are now in the football league after never thinking it was possible in my lifetime, it's a 100 times easier to stay in the league than it is to come back up, all we need to do is finish 22nd out of 24 teams and southend will take one of those places, hence finishing above one other team.Bluebird_john wrote: ↑Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:48 pm 7 years ago today we lost 6-0 at home to Gainsborough. Look where we are now, lets back the club on and off the pitch!!! BLUEBIRDS
We have got here against all odds, made an awful awful appointment in Dunn, who's previous role was voted Oldham's all time worst manager, yet by keeping him in charge can undo all of last seasons work by going straight back down, never to return.
Please get rid now, get someone in who has experience of the league and can motivate this group of players before it's too late
Re: Sack Dunn
I can totally understand that people are calling for heads to roll , but surely its not just one person's fault we create plenty of chances but our forwards aren't performing and putting the ball in the back of that bloody net ! quigs does try but its not happening for him at the moment ,
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests