Rob Kelly has done a better job than Dunn or Jolley in that he got the team organised defensively but I wouldn't want any of the 3 in charge even if we survive. Kelly is far to0 negative for my liking and I think his team selection is poor. Barrry was one of my favourite players last season but I agree he had an absolute stinker today. Probably because unlike Evatt who realised his position was as a wing back, he's spent most of his time playing as a full back even when he's nominally been a wing back as he never gets forward now beacause we are so defensive. The only 2 players I saw who did anything positive today were Brough and Banks.Pedro wrote: ↑Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:30 pm We are inconsistent,but we have the players we have.
Rob Kelly David Dunn or Jolly who would you want in charge.
The results will spur Grimsby and Southend on but it's still in our hands if we go down only ourselves to blame.
Barry for me had a stinker,Platt is taking time to settle back in.
I watched today saying I would listen on Radio but that's what I am going to do and hope we get a draw in Tuesday.
Tranmere Rovers (A)
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Tranmere Rovers (A)
Last edited by russell_anderson on Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Tranmere Rovers (A)
We absolutely must not panic and go to Forest Green with clear heads and with a plan to win.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
behind the goals
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2242
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Tranmere Rovers (A)
Watching that at times was worse than any National league North games how the hell can league 2 be so poor some really average players but hopefully we can stay up, on to Tuesday for another nerve wrecking night.
Re: Tranmere Rovers (A)
I can't watch or listen to the Tuesday matches at present because I am playing bowls each week. I am just thinking it is like being "all but" at bowls - just needing to win that one last end and so often it seems the hardest to get!
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Tranmere Rovers (A)
Rob Kelly's view
64 views
Rob Kelly admitted his disappointment after defeat to Tranmere Rovers on Saturday but reiterated his belief that The Bluebirds have what it takes to clinch League Two safety.
The 1-0 reverse at Prenton Park kept fans waiting in the bid to secure the Club’s EFL status, as former England international David Nugent nodded a second half winner for the hosts.
However, Kelly insisted that the players and staff would process the setback overnight and then begin the process of preparing for Tuesday night’s trip to Forest Green Rovers.
“We’re obviously disappointed because it was an opportunity to get the job done and we haven’t done it,” Kelly told iFollow after the game.
“Again, I can’t fault the effort and commitment. The game was won by what was probably the best piece of football all afternoon, but we’re frustrated from a defensive point of view because we could have done things better.
“They had the clearer opportunities in the second half; we put the ball in the box and it bounced around but we didn’t have enough really but they’re a good side and in the top six for a reason.
“We all feel it for everybody. We can see the finishing line but we have to do it for ourselves – we can’t rely on anyone else, I have said that all along.
“We wouldn’t be human if we didn’t have that disappointment, but we have to deal with it and get on with the next one.
“It’s in our hands and that’s all you can ask. I believe we’re good enough to get the job done – and we will.”
64 views
Rob Kelly admitted his disappointment after defeat to Tranmere Rovers on Saturday but reiterated his belief that The Bluebirds have what it takes to clinch League Two safety.
The 1-0 reverse at Prenton Park kept fans waiting in the bid to secure the Club’s EFL status, as former England international David Nugent nodded a second half winner for the hosts.
However, Kelly insisted that the players and staff would process the setback overnight and then begin the process of preparing for Tuesday night’s trip to Forest Green Rovers.
“We’re obviously disappointed because it was an opportunity to get the job done and we haven’t done it,” Kelly told iFollow after the game.
“Again, I can’t fault the effort and commitment. The game was won by what was probably the best piece of football all afternoon, but we’re frustrated from a defensive point of view because we could have done things better.
“They had the clearer opportunities in the second half; we put the ball in the box and it bounced around but we didn’t have enough really but they’re a good side and in the top six for a reason.
“We all feel it for everybody. We can see the finishing line but we have to do it for ourselves – we can’t rely on anyone else, I have said that all along.
“We wouldn’t be human if we didn’t have that disappointment, but we have to deal with it and get on with the next one.
“It’s in our hands and that’s all you can ask. I believe we’re good enough to get the job done – and we will.”
Re: Tranmere Rovers (A)
The players have to forget this one now. Its no good looking over it. Its gone and we have another chance Tuesday. One more win. Come on Barrow FFS get this done.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: Tranmere Rovers (A)
Re: Tranmere Rovers (A)
These players will give 100% and run through brick walls for Rob Kelly to get this win. Have no doubts
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
Si_Nichols
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
- Location: Lancaster
- Contact:
Re: Tranmere Rovers (A)
Whatever you have been drinking I want some as the players haven't given that impression in recent games.
I still think we will stay up but we are making it as tough as possible and we have been absolute gash recently. Kelly re-invigorated us but he sets up very negatively and is like a rabbit in the headlights when it comes to making changes (always too late).
Re: Tranmere Rovers (A)
Yes its no good for recriminations or for negativity. This team I really believe is doing the best it possibly can and RK has made the decision of a certain way of playing with this group of players to try and get us over the line. I believe he is a very good manager with a good backroom team and he is dealing with the cards he has got. All we, as supporters of our beloved club, should just show support and make the team feel that support right up to the very last minute of the Exeter game. I know what I am saying may sound naf but what else can we do? If we are negative then that is no good to anyone and only gives our opponents more hope. Somehow we must get that positivity across to everyone trying to get us over the line. Any ideas would be welcome. I realise we maybe safe by Saturday ( I really really hope so) - who knows stranger things have happened. But showing a bit of support whatever wouldn't be a bad thing.

- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Tranmere Rovers (A)
The reactions of some people on here are ridiculous
Yes today was bad
Yes the unthinkable happened and Southend and Grimsby both won
But come on - people need to keep their heads
I would much rather be in our position (potentially needing one point to secure league status)
Than be in Grimsby and Southend’s (needing to win every game)
Yes today was bad
Yes the unthinkable happened and Southend and Grimsby both won
But come on - people need to keep their heads
I would much rather be in our position (potentially needing one point to secure league status)
Than be in Grimsby and Southend’s (needing to win every game)
Re: Tranmere Rovers (A)
Wont pick up another point this season and ultimately we haven't been good enough this season
-
Hitthebar22
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
- Contact:
Re: Tranmere Rovers (A)
He is called Andrew, not Andrewsblue nige wrote: ↑Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:30 pmdo you actually read what people write? the point wasn't about Andrews it was the fact we had to sign him in desperation!Mark Johnson wrote: ↑Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:15 pm
He was brought in to make an impact from the bench, probably both parties knew and agreed to this. He's come on and in at least 2 games made a big impact (scoring and assisting). What else do you expect from him?![]()
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Beanmuncher, HenneysKnee, Main Stand SeasonTct, theotherbarrow and 21 guests