Benni
Benni
BSB scored on his loan debut (from the bench) as Curzon Ashton knocked Southport out of the FA Trophy this afternoon. Must have a pretty good goals-per-minutes-played record so far this season
Already scored again today against Telford (3-0 at HT) and come close on another three occasions (from CA Twitter).Seems to be relishing his chance of regular game time.
Already scored again today against Telford (3-0 at HT) and come close on another three occasions (from CA Twitter).Seems to be relishing his chance of regular game time.
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Benni
His confidence mush be high, Can we bring him back anytime?
Re: Benni
He was Man of the match also.
-
JammyBluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1390
- Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm
- Location: Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Benni
It's only 1 month deal so will be back for the festive gamesmickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:26 pm His confidence mush be high, Can we bring him back anytime?
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Benni
Thanks JBJammyBluebird wrote: ↑Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:24 pmIt's only 1 month deal so will be back for the festive gamesmickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:26 pm His confidence mush be high, Can we bring him back anytime?
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Benni
I think Benni might be one to keep. We won’t know really until he gets a run of games in the full squad. He’s clearly very effective in the lower reaches of the NL.
My guess would be that if and when we reach a point of statistical safety PW may be inclined to use him more and see whether he has what it takes to last beyond the end of the season.
My guess would be that if and when we reach a point of statistical safety PW may be inclined to use him more and see whether he has what it takes to last beyond the end of the season.
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3425
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: Benni
I take your point but Pete Wild is on record as saying he doesn’t just want safety - he wants promotion.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:02 pm
My guess would be that if and when we reach a point of statistical safety PW may be inclined to use him more and see whether he has what it takes to last beyond the end of the season.
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3247
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Benni
Of course he wants but I’ve never heard wild say that. What I have heard him say is his remit is to keep us in the football league and progress the club forward. Let’s get to 50 points first then see where that takes us is another thing I’ve heard him say,bluessupporter wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:12 pmI take your point but Pete Wild is on record as saying he doesn’t just want safety - he wants promotion.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:02 pm
My guess would be that if and when we reach a point of statistical safety PW may be inclined to use him more and see whether he has what it takes to last beyond the end of the season.
He is well on the way to achieving his aims
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Benni
I can only go by what PW is reported as saying but in his last piece for the BBC he did talk about “enjoying it while it lasts” and having a relegation avoidance party when we get there.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:43 pmOf course he wants but I’ve never heard wild say that. What I have heard him say is his remit is to keep us in the football league and progress the club forward. Let’s get to 50 points first then see where that takes us is another thing I’ve heard him say,bluessupporter wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:12 pm
I take your point but Pete Wild is on record as saying he doesn’t just want safety - he wants promotion.
He is well on the way to achieving his aims
I realise that managers will always say such things but I did not get the impression that he was envisaging a significant promotion push come January.
Re: Benni
The club just isn’t geared up for promotion. We need to become established as a FL club and sort the infrastructure out.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:56 pmI can only go by what PW is reported as saying but in his last piece for the BBC he did talk about “enjoying it while it lasts” and having a relegation avoidance party when we get there.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:43 pm
Of course he wants but I’ve never heard wild say that. What I have heard him say is his remit is to keep us in the football league and progress the club forward. Let’s get to 50 points first then see where that takes us is another thing I’ve heard him say,
He is well on the way to achieving his aims
I realise that managers will always say such things but I did not get the impression that he was envisaging a significant promotion push come January.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3425
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: Benni
So are you saying that if we finish in a play-off place we won’t try to go up?Jonty wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:04 pmThe club just isn’t geared up for promotion. We need to become established as a FL club and sort the infrastructure out.Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:56 pm
I can only go by what PW is reported as saying but in his last piece for the BBC he did talk about “enjoying it while it lasts” and having a relegation avoidance party when we get there.
I realise that managers will always say such things but I did not get the impression that he was envisaging a significant promotion push come January.
Re: Benni
No I’m not saying that I’m saying that we would have an enormous amount of work to do off the pitch. It’s great that we are up there right now and long may it continue and it would be great to be in the play off mix at the end of the season but realistically HS is not up to it and we must be one of the smallest resourced clubs in the league and probably half the teams in the league below. We need to put a platform in place to grow the club.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Benni
I hardly post anymore, no wonder why. I hope your Christmas is more enjoyable than " any" of the posts you have ever made. Jesus wept. Pete Wild, please finish one point outside the play offs. We can then just being "little old Barrow" and just plod along forever. I can still remember going to Frickley in the Unidump league, and there were more disused coal mines than fans ! Win as many games as you can Pete, and achieve what you believe in. There will be dips now and again, we know that, but it's "Enjoyable" going to watch the team now.
Re: Benni
Back to the subject of Benni. Pretty sure Pete Wild said at the meet the manager night that he’s going to have a couple of ‘player projects’ and guessing Benni fits into this? Keep developing him and moving him onto a higher level before bringing him back to the squad?
Billy Blue
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: carnivalofshrews, HenneysKnee, MikeRenney, Tony and 21 guests