Benni

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
SKIPPER
Platinum Member
Posts: 3716
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:55 pm
Contact:

Benni

Post by SKIPPER » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:16 pm

BSB scored on his loan debut (from the bench) as Curzon Ashton knocked Southport out of the FA Trophy this afternoon. Must have a pretty good goals-per-minutes-played record so far this season

Already scored again today against Telford (3-0 at HT) and come close on another three occasions (from CA Twitter).Seems to be relishing his chance of regular game time.

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11317
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Benni

Post by McMark » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:51 pm

Scored again today for Curzon Ashton.

mickmike wilson
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5435
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Benni

Post by mickmike wilson » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:26 pm

His confidence mush be high, Can we bring him back anytime?

User avatar
Bombadel
Silver Member
Posts: 1459
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Benni

Post by Bombadel » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:45 pm

He was Man of the match also.

JammyBluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Benni

Post by JammyBluebird » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:24 pm

mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:26 pm His confidence mush be high, Can we bring him back anytime?
It's only 1 month deal so will be back for the festive games

mickmike wilson
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5435
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Benni

Post by mickmike wilson » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:23 am

JammyBluebird wrote: ↑Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:24 pm
mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:26 pm His confidence mush be high, Can we bring him back anytime?
It's only 1 month deal so will be back for the festive games
Thanks JB

Suffolk Blue
Platinum Member
Posts: 3807
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Benni

Post by Suffolk Blue » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:02 pm

I think Benni might be one to keep. We won’t know really until he gets a run of games in the full squad. He’s clearly very effective in the lower reaches of the NL.

My guess would be that if and when we reach a point of statistical safety PW may be inclined to use him more and see whether he has what it takes to last beyond the end of the season.

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3425
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: Benni

Post by bluessupporter » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:12 pm

Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:02 pm
My guess would be that if and when we reach a point of statistical safety PW may be inclined to use him more and see whether he has what it takes to last beyond the end of the season.
I take your point but Pete Wild is on record as saying he doesn’t just want safety - he wants promotion.

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3247
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Benni

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:43 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:12 pm
Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:02 pm
My guess would be that if and when we reach a point of statistical safety PW may be inclined to use him more and see whether he has what it takes to last beyond the end of the season.
I take your point but Pete Wild is on record as saying he doesn’t just want safety - he wants promotion.
Of course he wants but I’ve never heard wild say that. What I have heard him say is his remit is to keep us in the football league and progress the club forward. Let’s get to 50 points first then see where that takes us is another thing I’ve heard him say,
He is well on the way to achieving his aims

Suffolk Blue
Platinum Member
Posts: 3807
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Benni

Post by Suffolk Blue » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:56 pm

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:43 pm
bluessupporter wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:12 pm

I take your point but Pete Wild is on record as saying he doesn’t just want safety - he wants promotion.
Of course he wants but I’ve never heard wild say that. What I have heard him say is his remit is to keep us in the football league and progress the club forward. Let’s get to 50 points first then see where that takes us is another thing I’ve heard him say,
He is well on the way to achieving his aims
I can only go by what PW is reported as saying but in his last piece for the BBC he did talk about “enjoying it while it lasts” and having a relegation avoidance party when we get there.

I realise that managers will always say such things but I did not get the impression that he was envisaging a significant promotion push come January.

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11116
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Benni

Post by Jonty » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:04 pm

Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:56 pm
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:43 pm
Of course he wants but I’ve never heard wild say that. What I have heard him say is his remit is to keep us in the football league and progress the club forward. Let’s get to 50 points first then see where that takes us is another thing I’ve heard him say,
He is well on the way to achieving his aims
I can only go by what PW is reported as saying but in his last piece for the BBC he did talk about “enjoying it while it lasts” and having a relegation avoidance party when we get there.

I realise that managers will always say such things but I did not get the impression that he was envisaging a significant promotion push come January.
The club just isn’t geared up for promotion. We need to become established as a FL club and sort the infrastructure out.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3425
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: Benni

Post by bluessupporter » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:13 pm

Jonty wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:04 pm
Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:56 pm

I can only go by what PW is reported as saying but in his last piece for the BBC he did talk about “enjoying it while it lasts” and having a relegation avoidance party when we get there.

I realise that managers will always say such things but I did not get the impression that he was envisaging a significant promotion push come January.
The club just isn’t geared up for promotion. We need to become established as a FL club and sort the infrastructure out.
So are you saying that if we finish in a play-off place we won’t try to go up?

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11116
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Benni

Post by Jonty » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:25 pm

No I’m not saying that I’m saying that we would have an enormous amount of work to do off the pitch. It’s great that we are up there right now and long may it continue and it would be great to be in the play off mix at the end of the season but realistically HS is not up to it and we must be one of the smallest resourced clubs in the league and probably half the teams in the league below. We need to put a platform in place to grow the club.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Benni

Post by GTBLUE » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:17 pm

I hardly post anymore, no wonder why. I hope your Christmas is more enjoyable than " any" of the posts you have ever made. Jesus wept. Pete Wild, please finish one point outside the play offs. We can then just being "little old Barrow" and just plod along forever. I can still remember going to Frickley in the Unidump league, and there were more disused coal mines than fans ! Win as many games as you can Pete, and achieve what you believe in. There will be dips now and again, we know that, but it's "Enjoyable" going to watch the team now.

BillyBlue
Senior Member
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Benni

Post by BillyBlue » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:49 pm

Back to the subject of Benni. Pretty sure Pete Wild said at the meet the manager night that he’s going to have a couple of ‘player projects’ and guessing Benni fits into this? Keep developing him and moving him onto a higher level before bringing him back to the squad?
Billy Blue

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests