Game OFF

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Lancaster Branch
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Game OFF

Post by Lancaster Branch » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:29 am

blue nige wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:46 am
As for the referee surely there's a protocol set for him/ her (and assistants) to go through regarding the playing surface ( bet there isn't).
There is a protocol referred to in the EFL rulebook but it’s not available to supporters to read. I mean, why would it? When did we ever matter?

The bit that is publicly available says the referee has to give the fixture every chance of going ahead whilst also considering the weather forecast and travelling times of the visiting team/fans.

Clear as (frozen) mud.

User avatar
32mile_cul-de-sac
Gold Member
Posts: 2443
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 pm

Re: Game OFF

Post by 32mile_cul-de-sac » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:29 am

Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:33 am
32mile_cul-de-sac wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:10 am
Before you say it's irrelevant ask the club how much money they lost yesterday.
Don’t think it’s an irrelevance at all, but what was lost is likely to be substantially mitigated by the receipts from the replayed fixture, whenever that may be. Might be less revenue when that takes place, might be more.
think you will find the club will have lost £1,000's yesterday that it will never recuperate.

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7261
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Game OFF

Post by Jim » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:44 am

ruins wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:53 am I understand Nige I do mate but I just think the current stance on safeguarding is wrong. ..,,,,,,,,

I just meant because of the amount of "has someone farted on your diesel car in the last 4 hours" type adverts we live in a protective society and people are scared to do things. Certainly not condoning his decision.
The compensation culture and ambulance chasing ‘no win, no fee’ lawyers have more to do with it than H&S. Another highly undesirable import from the USA.

AFC Blue
Senior Member
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Game OFF

Post by AFC Blue » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:46 am

10 K ???
2 teams staying over
Matchday sponsorship
Corporate
Pies etc
Programmes.
Travel

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11116
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Game OFF

Post by Jonty » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:18 pm

I was on a hospitality do yesterday and fair play to the club they still laid on the afternoon for those in attendance and they will honour those who can make the re-arranged fixture with hospitality. The cross bar stayed open and many stayed behind and made the most of it.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Game OFF

Post by blue nige » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:59 pm

ruins wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:53 am I understand Nige I do mate but I just think the current stance on safeguarding is wrong. I guess I'm agreeing but just from a different angle. We all remember yellow balls (not a medical condition) and nothing went wrong I just meant because of the amount of "has someone farted on your diesel car in the last 4 hours" type adverts we live in a protective society and people are scared to do things. Certainly not condoning his decision.
I know, I wasn't getting at you. 😀 just trying to point out that there's ( no consistency) in some of these decisions and there has to be a combined approach ( moving forwards) not just for Barrow but another club's and their fans ,it's adhoc at the moment and it's totally unacceptable given all the expence incurred for everyone!
Really hope something comes out of this but given the EFL'S previous I doubt it !

mickmike wilson
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5435
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Game OFF

Post by mickmike wilson » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:43 pm

Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:33 am
32mile_cul-de-sac wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:10 am
Before you say it's irrelevant ask the club how much money they lost yesterday.
Don’t think it’s an irrelevance at all, but what was lost is likely to be substantially mitigated by the receipts from the replayed fixture, whenever that may be. Might be less revenue when that takes place, might be more.
You’re kidding right?

Staff working on the pitch all week & heating costs

Friday night hotel & meals for 30+

Breakfast & lunch for same group

Corporate & match day fresh food

Programme costs

Officials expenses ( or do the FA pay those)

There’s bound to be other expenses

Rearranged game Floodlighting & general running costs incurred that shouldn’t have been necessary players travel or & hotels etc etc

Desmond2-2
Silver Member
Posts: 1250
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Game OFF

Post by Desmond2-2 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:49 pm

Shall we just all agree to disagree or agree FFS, the games off, late call like many others games, get over it.

holkerboy
Veteran Member
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Game OFF

Post by holkerboy » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:56 pm

In times gone by, the original programme was issued on the new date.

saltcellar
Platinum Member
Posts: 2839
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Game OFF

Post by saltcellar » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:10 pm

mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:43 pm
Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:33 am

Don’t think it’s an irrelevance at all, but what was lost is likely to be substantially mitigated by the receipts from the replayed fixture, whenever that may be. Might be less revenue when that takes place, might be more.
You’re kidding right?

Staff working on the pitch all week & heating costs

Friday night hotel & meals for 30+

Breakfast & lunch for same group

Corporate & match day fresh food

Programme costs

Officials expenses ( or do the FA pay those)

There’s bound to be other expenses

Rearranged game Floodlighting & general running costs incurred that shouldn’t have been necessary players travel or & hotels etc etc
It was mentioned by James Philips on Radio Cumbria that because the Carlisle game at Bradford was called off at 12-30, that Bradford would have to pay for Carlisle's expenses.
I presume on that basis the same applies to Barrow and Salford.

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Game OFF

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:25 pm

Desmond2-2 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:49 pm Shall we just all agree to disagree or agree FFS, the games off, late call like many others games, get over it.
Why? If people want to discuss this why just shut the discussion down? Everyone is entitled to express their views so let them.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Online
MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5248
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: Game OFF

Post by MisterPleasant » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:42 pm

At the foot of this article from the Beeb website about our cancellation and complaint is a tweet from Gary Neville arguing a better way should be found to deal with postponements:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64272552
Don't let the old man in.

Online
MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5248
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: Game OFF

Post by MisterPleasant » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:56 pm

The same farce in reverse. WSL game abandoned after 6 minutes play:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64366077
Don't let the old man in.

User avatar
ruins
Platinum Member
Posts: 3536
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:17 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Game OFF

Post by ruins » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:07 pm

blue nige wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:59 pm
ruins wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:53 am I understand Nige I do mate but I just think the current stance on safeguarding is wrong. I guess I'm agreeing but just from a different angle. We all remember yellow balls (not a medical condition) and nothing went wrong I just meant because of the amount of "has someone farted on your diesel car in the last 4 hours" type adverts we live in a protective society and people are scared to do things. Certainly not condoning his decision.

I know, I wasn't getting at you. 😀 just trying to point out that there's ( no consistency) in some of these decisions and there has to be a combined approach ( moving forwards) not just for Barrow but another club's and their fans ,it's adhoc at the moment and it's totally unacceptable given all the expence incurred for everyone!
Really hope something comes out of this but given the EFL'S previous I doubt it !
Can't disagree mate
Hope you are well
"F*cking Ribble" - Steve Herbert 26/4/09

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Game OFF

Post by blue nige » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:16 pm

ruins wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:07 pm
blue nige wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:59 pm


I know, I wasn't getting at you. 😀 just trying to point out that there's ( no consistency) in some of these decisions and there has to be a combined approach ( moving forwards) not just for Barrow but another club's and their fans ,it's adhoc at the moment and it's totally unacceptable given all the expence incurred for everyone!
Really hope something comes out of this but given the EFL'S previous I doubt it !
Can't disagree mate
Hope you are well
I am thanks 😊 same to you !

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MisterPleasant and 21 guests