I follow

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
olbarrafancumbak
Gold Member
Posts: 2489
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
Contact:

I follow

Post by olbarrafancumbak » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:02 am

With the recent announcement that sky will ruin..I mean take over I follow, something that stood out was a comment regarding the commentary and that sky will provide this. Now probably a question for Adam, does this mean he will no longer be the voice when we watch the game?

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5248
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by MisterPleasant » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:09 pm

They're not taking over iFollow - that will continue to provide video streaming for non-UK viewers and audio coverage for all. I'm pretty sure, therefore, you'll still be able to hear Adam's dulcet tones. Fear not. :D
Don't let the old man in.

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Adam29 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:21 pm

IFollow won’t exist so yes they will

Audio only options will still be available but in the UK there will be no match package to watch games - it all will go through Sky who will have an independent commentator sat in a studio somewhere commentating off the live video feed

Probably be a blessing for some but hey ho

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5248
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by MisterPleasant » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:42 pm

The way I read the EFL's explanation iFollow will continue, it just won't provide "domestic video streaming":

"CHANGES TO CURRENT WAYS OF WATCHING

Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?

From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services

Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.
"
Don't let the old man in.

olbarrafancumbak
Gold Member
Posts: 2489
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by olbarrafancumbak » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:47 pm

MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:42 pm The way I read the EFL's explanation iFollow will continue, it just won't provide "domestic video streaming":

"CHANGES TO CURRENT WAYS OF WATCHING

Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?

From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services

Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.
"
So domestically, it does change?

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Adam29 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:06 pm

The club websites are all changing this summer as well.
Like I said people can still get audio only options from the clubs website but match streaming for uk residents will be through Sky

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5248
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by MisterPleasant » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:24 pm

olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:47 pm
MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:42 pm The way I read the EFL's explanation iFollow will continue, it just won't provide "domestic video streaming":

"CHANGES TO CURRENT WAYS OF WATCHING

Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?

From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services

Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.
"
So domestically, it does change?
For video streaming, yes, but audio continues as now (which is what I said).
Don't let the old man in.

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3246
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:52 pm

For those using a vpn on a dodgy stick there is no change

User avatar
Sea Dog Sam
Bronze Member
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Sea Dog Sam » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:19 pm

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:52 pm For those using a vpn on a dodgy stick there is no change
It's not the Firestick that is the issue. Unless it's one that's been bought with a dodgy streaming app on it.
It's relatively easy to 'Jailbreak' a Firestick - if you know what you're doing - to download IPTV content.
No need to buy anything dodgy.
Shiver Me Timbers

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3425
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: I follow

Post by bluessupporter » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:43 pm

From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services

So are Sky going to cover every Saturday game for those who live abroad as iFollow do now?

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3246
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:51 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:43 pm From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services

So are Sky going to cover every Saturday game for those who live abroad as iFollow do now?
the existing audio visual service for those living abroad stays the same

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3425
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: I follow

Post by bluessupporter » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:00 pm

Thanks for that. Good news.

FanzoneFan
Veteran Member
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by FanzoneFan » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:13 pm

I read an article that said Sky are going to use at least two cameras at every League Two game so the coverage should be a lot better than what’s currently on offer with I Follow.

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5248
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by MisterPleasant » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:26 pm

But you will not be able (domestically) to watch on a per game basis as you can now. You will have to be a Sky or Now monthly subscriber.
Don't let the old man in.

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3246
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:34 pm

MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:26 pm But you will not be able (domestically) to watch on a per game basis as you can now. You will have to be a Sky or Now monthly subscriber.
NowTV do a day pass current price £11.99

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Richard Ingham and 31 guests