Sorry - grammar police here again. 'Absolutely' is absolutely not correct either!Wintergreen wrote: ↑Fri Oct 11, 2024 11:57 amWell l meant ‘quite’ to mean ‘absolutely’ which l think is also good England as well an all isn’t it not no?bluessupporter wrote: ↑Fri Oct 11, 2024 11:37 am
Sorry - but one of the few things I remember from school is our English teacher, Bill Shep, telling us there are no degrees of uniqueness.
Either something is unique or it isn't.![]()
Barrow v Morecambe, 12th October
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3428
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: Barrow v Morecambe, 12th October
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe, 12th October
Well how can you say something is just 'unique' - there might be one someplace else you don't know about.bluessupporter wrote: ↑Fri Oct 11, 2024 1:07 pmSorry - grammar police here again. 'Absolutely' is absolutely not correct either!Wintergreen wrote: ↑Fri Oct 11, 2024 11:57 am
Well l meant ‘quite’ to mean ‘absolutely’ which l think is also good England as well an all isn’t it not no?![]()
![]()
![]()
Better get back to Bill with that.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe, 12th October
Right... Screw the grammer, screw the spelling.. it's Morecambe tomorrow and all that matters is points on the board!Wintergreen wrote: ↑Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:38 pmWell how can you say something is just 'unique' - there might be one someplace else you don't know about.bluessupporter wrote: ↑Fri Oct 11, 2024 1:07 pm Sorry - grammar police here again. 'Absolutely' is absolutely not correct either!![]()
![]()
![]()
Better get back to Bill with that.
Let's smash these shrimps into teeny weeny crabs ticks and show some serious intent on the league going forward!
Re: Barrow v Morecambe, 12th October
Yes, I have that problem as well. Doesn't matter how loud I shout, my wife tells me "They can't hear you!".MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Fri Oct 11, 2024 12:43 pm
Indeed, he did. I have to regularly remind people on the television of that fact. But they never listen.
-
Methuselah
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe, 12th October
Re:- Morecambe
They were the one team who welcomed us back to the Football League by hiring a plane with a banner which flew over the ground during a match.I for one don,t want Morecambe to be relegated.I just want to beat them tomorrow,but don,t hold your breath,I hope I,m wrong but there could be a banana skin incoming with having so many of our team injured .Let,s hope the Bluebirds prove me wrong because with Morecambe not having won a game in the league they will really be up for this one.
They were the one team who welcomed us back to the Football League by hiring a plane with a banner which flew over the ground during a match.I for one don,t want Morecambe to be relegated.I just want to beat them tomorrow,but don,t hold your breath,I hope I,m wrong but there could be a banana skin incoming with having so many of our team injured .Let,s hope the Bluebirds prove me wrong because with Morecambe not having won a game in the league they will really be up for this one.
- BarrowLad71
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 569
- Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe, 12th October
I hope we hammer them 5-0 and they go down .
Re: Barrow v Morecambe, 12th October
What a pleasant soul you are!
Re: Barrow v Morecambe, 12th October
Do feel like this has the potential to be a banana skin, but think this will be a nervy 1-0 win.
-
AugustusCorpa
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1707
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe, 12th October
Us at the top, them at the bottom. Usually it would be the Barrow way to lose this 0-1 and help Morecambe get their season going. Will Telford score today?
Re: Barrow v Morecambe, 12th October
Na, dont say that. Morecambe have never bad mouthed us as far as I know - different to those sh!ts up the road.
-
FanzoneFan
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 650
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:36 am
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe, 12th October
I really hope Morecambe avoid the drop I have a soft spot for them and was very impressed when they flew the banner at our first game back in the Football League. Hopefully they’ll turn around their season but not until after today’s match. Up the Bluebirds.
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Morecambe, 12th October
Building up to kick off today in the Bay Derby
I went along to the clubs training ground on Thursday and spoke with both head-coach Stephen Clemence and star midfielder Kian Spence:
You can watch both interviews below:
Clemence:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0jwxq7b
Spence:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0jwxr11
I went along to the clubs training ground on Thursday and spoke with both head-coach Stephen Clemence and star midfielder Kian Spence:
You can watch both interviews below:
Clemence:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0jwxq7b
Spence:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0jwxr11
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3428
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: Barrow v Morecambe, 12th October
Wintergreen wrote: ↑Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:38 pmWell how can you say something is just 'unique' - there might be one someplace else you don't know about.bluessupporter wrote: ↑Fri Oct 11, 2024 1:07 pm
Sorry - grammar police here again. 'Absolutely' is absolutely not correct either!![]()
![]()
![]()
In that case you can't says it's unique.
Better get back to Bill with that.
Well let me know how you get through to someone in a grave and I will!
-
behind the goals
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2246
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Olderbarrowfan79+ and 27 guests