Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
Re: Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
SC tantrums over the penalty were uncalled for.
We had enough opportunities to have been winning this game 3 or 4 nil but we don't have a decent enough forward to get in the position to put the ball in the net.
The other week Dallas hit the post but no one was following up to put the ball in the net.
We delude our selves that 1- 0 will be enough but weve seen how we concede late on.
People say everyone is after a striker but who cares about others we certainly need a decent striker in.
Let's see Ian Wood go find one
Try Scotland or lower league,we have a forward line that can hold the ball up but that's it.
We had enough opportunities to have been winning this game 3 or 4 nil but we don't have a decent enough forward to get in the position to put the ball in the net.
The other week Dallas hit the post but no one was following up to put the ball in the net.
We delude our selves that 1- 0 will be enough but weve seen how we concede late on.
People say everyone is after a striker but who cares about others we certainly need a decent striker in.
Let's see Ian Wood go find one
Try Scotland or lower league,we have a forward line that can hold the ball up but that's it.
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2841
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
If it did catch Spence's arm he was mighty close to the header from the Bromley player.mall wrote: ↑Sun Oct 27, 2024 5:25 pm https://youtu.be/OgftKsAZw5g?t=208
There didn't seem to be any appeal from these directly behind the goals.
There was no way the referee could have seen any handball from his position.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7134
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
IT'S A BLATANT PENALTY MOVE ON !saltcellar wrote: ↑Sun Oct 27, 2024 7:11 pmIf it did catch Spence's arm he was mighty close to the header from the Bromley player.mall wrote: ↑Sun Oct 27, 2024 5:25 pm https://youtu.be/OgftKsAZw5g?t=208
There didn't seem to be any appeal from these directly behind the goals.
There was no way the referee could have seen any handball from his position.
-
_bluebird_
- Senior Member
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
Feels a bit better knowing we've not been robbed. Anyone got a link to the video? Cheers
-
Bingley Blue
- Senior Member
- Posts: 343
- Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:16 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
Stockton played 17 times for Barrow. He didn’t score in 12 of them. We slipped from promotion contenders, play off certainties to also rans in his time at the club.spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 27, 2024 6:04 pmBut that aside, what are his strong pointsrussell_anderson wrote: ↑Sun Oct 27, 2024 5:29 pm Well, we'll agree to differ. Garner, IMO, is slow, lazy, weak, never presses, poor in the air, seldom breaks into more than a trot and when he does can't outpace even the most ponderous of central defenders and will never score many goals. In fact, he doesn't have even one characteristic which I look for in a striker.
We haven’t really had a striker (apart from Stockton) who is worthy of that job description for a few seasons now, we simply cannot rely on the likes of Vassel to keep pulling us out.
I wouldn’t say Stockton was to blame. He looked sharp at times but he suffered - like our current strikers - from a lack of service.
I’m not knocking any of our midfield players. As individuals they try hard, give their all, keep possession well but as a unit, they don’t create enough chances for the forwards. Was same last season and it’s going that way this season.
Our fear of losing appears to outweigh our desire to win.
Re: Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
At what point does Ian Wood come in for some criticism of signings or is he above that ?
When you look closely at some of the signings he’s made and the impact they’ve had there have been more poor than good.
When you look closely at some of the signings he’s made and the impact they’ve had there have been more poor than good.
-
Bingley Blue
- Senior Member
- Posts: 343
- Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:16 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
This obsession with a new striker is baffling.sambino wrote: ↑Sun Oct 27, 2024 6:15 pmWe have the same issues as most clubs finding one. Stockton was class but trying to find similar won’t be easy in Jan. I’ll be interested in who Villa bring, last time we played them there was a few players who would have made good loan signings for us, bringing in a young forward might work for us.spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 27, 2024 6:04 pm
But that aside, what are his strong points
We haven’t really had a striker (apart from Stockton) who is worthy of that job description for a few seasons now, we simply cannot rely on the likes of Vassel to keep pulling us out.
We signed Stockton who you claim was class and we went from 2nd to 8th. And now you want to find similar. He’s got 2 in 9 for Salford this season.
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2841
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
https://youtu.be/OgftKsAZw5g?si=kboGZwg_hD4cY5HE_bluebird_ wrote: ↑Sun Oct 27, 2024 7:42 pm Feels a bit better knowing we've not been robbed. Anyone got a link to the video? Cheers
-
Bingley Blue
- Senior Member
- Posts: 343
- Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:16 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2881
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
Well, I believe 2 of our 3 best players are midfielders in Spence and Campbell with only Canavan at their level and I very much suspect that opinion will be shared with other clubs when their contracts end. I'll be amazed if they aren't wanted by the best teams in our league or a league higher but I'd wager a fair amount of money that none of our strikers will be on any higher team's wanted list.Bingley Blue wrote: ↑Sun Oct 27, 2024 8:44 pmStockton played 17 times for Barrow. He didn’t score in 12 of them. We slipped from promotion contenders, play off certainties to also rans in his time at the club.spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 27, 2024 6:04 pm
But that aside, what are his strong points
We haven’t really had a striker (apart from Stockton) who is worthy of that job description for a few seasons now, we simply cannot rely on the likes of Vassel to keep pulling us out.
I wouldn’t say Stockton was to blame. He looked sharp at times but he suffered - like our current strikers - from a lack of service.
I’m not knocking any of our midfield players. As individuals they try hard, give their all, keep possession well but as a unit, they don’t create enough chances for the forwards. Was same last season and it’s going that way this season.
Our fear of losing appears to outweigh our desire to win.
Re: Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
Bingley Blue wrote: ↑Sun Oct 27, 2024 10:52 pmIt’s not about there being more poor than good. I don’t give two sh it’s if he’s made 50 bad and only 11 good,. If those 11 good get us promotion that’s a success. Anyway, I’m [SwearFilter] d : good night!
I agree but let’s see how we are come January.
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8339
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
If Farman, Jackson, Vassell, Canavan, Spence, Gotts, Campbell and Mahoney stay fit for the majority of the season there’s no chance on this earth we finish bottom 6/8. When everyone’s fit we probably do have a potential play off team (yes I would love a couple of goalscorers in January of course) we’ve had a bad run with injuries but now they seem to be clearing up we’ll be grandrussell_anderson wrote: ↑Sun Oct 27, 2024 1:34 pm I said many weeks ago that we would finish in the bottom half with our current team and I've seen nothing to change my mind other than we'll finish lower than I thought when I first forecast!
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2881
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
I hope you're correct but there are a couple in that list which you obviously rate higher than I do. It's also very unlikely that those 8 players will all be fit for the rest of the season.HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Mon Oct 28, 2024 3:31 pmIf Farman, Jackson, Vassell, Canavan, Spence, Gotts, Campbell and Mahoney stay fit for the majority of the season there’s no chance on this earth we finish bottom 6/8. When everyone’s fit we probably do have a potential play off team (yes I would love a couple of goalscorers in January of course) we’ve had a bad run with injuries but now they seem to be clearing up we’ll be grandrussell_anderson wrote: ↑Sun Oct 27, 2024 1:34 pm I said many weeks ago that we would finish in the bottom half with our current team and I've seen nothing to change my mind other than we'll finish lower than I thought when I first forecast!
Re: Bromerlee FC (A) match thread
Events are likely to prove that they are already playing for one of the best teams in our league and that they would therefore be unwise to consider any move without going to a higher level.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Mon Oct 28, 2024 12:07 amWell, I believe 2 of our 3 best players are midfielders in Spence and Campbell with only Canavan at their level and I very much suspect that opinion will be shared with other clubs when their contracts end. I'll be amazed if they aren't wanted by the best teams in our league or a league higher but I'd wager a fair amount of money that none of our strikers will be on any higher team's wanted list.Bingley Blue wrote: ↑Sun Oct 27, 2024 8:44 pm
Stockton played 17 times for Barrow. He didn’t score in 12 of them. We slipped from promotion contenders, play off certainties to also rans in his time at the club.
I wouldn’t say Stockton was to blame. He looked sharp at times but he suffered - like our current strikers - from a lack of service.
I’m not knocking any of our midfield players. As individuals they try hard, give their all, keep possession well but as a unit, they don’t create enough chances for the forwards. Was same last season and it’s going that way this season.
Our fear of losing appears to outweigh our desire to win.
THE NORTHERN WAY
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bluebirds Trust, Jonty, standishbluebird and 20 guests