Good news; was worried with the injury situation we would give him another deal. Nowhere near good enough
January Signings?
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8339
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
-
_bluebird_
- Senior Member
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
From what I've read about Cameron I can't say I'd be too much more excited. Hopefully just cover during an injury hit spellHenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2025 7:35 amGood news; was worried with the injury situation we would give him another deal. Nowhere near good enough
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7136
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
He can't be worse than stokes the guy was a liability!_bluebird_ wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2025 7:53 amFrom what I've read about Cameron I can't say I'd be too much more excited. Hopefully just cover during an injury hit spellHenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2025 7:35 am
Good news; was worried with the injury situation we would give him another deal. Nowhere near good enough
It's a good job Ian Evatt didn't read about Scott Quigley or John Rooney they turned out to be 2 of our best signings who not only got us promotion but also kept us up !.
I always like to give player's a chance THEN judge let's just get behind our new signings and get up the league!
Last edited by blue nige on Fri Jan 03, 2025 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: January Signings?
That was recognised even by the County supporters to be down to the managers gung-ho tactics playing a high-line which was succesful in the NL but punished at the higher level.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2025 12:28 amPart of the defence that was scrapped by Notts County at the end of last season after conceding the most goals in EFL 2. Hardly impressive.SKIPPER wrote: ↑Thu Jan 02, 2025 5:07 pm
On a season long loan from Notts Co. but some fans think this will be cut short. Mixed feelings if he does go Some would pay for a taxi to take him back over the border whilst others think he is a good squad player whose recent appearances (not a regular) have been steady. Lets not forget he is playing in the SPL which despite the usual jokes is a few steps above L2.Captained County to their NL promotion. Sounds like the experienced body we need to chivvy the young lads up.Notice on the subject of St Johnstone that Sam McClelland is out with an achilles tear possibly for the rest of the season.
Re: January Signings?
Hes better in a back 3, his passing is class for the level we’re at. Left of a 3 though, doesn’t suit a back 4.
Re: January Signings?
Haven’t heard one positive thing about this Cameron. Only recollection is he looked really tidy on the ball and had good distribution last season in the 1-1 until they were pressed and barrow had a lot of good chances to win the game so who knows
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3251
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
We hardly In any position to buy a Rolls Royce centre half we and have no fit centre halves in the club. Cameron captained Notts to promotion from national league no mean feat. Did ok last season for county but fell out with the new manager and went on loan to St Johnstone. Notts fans were grateful for what he did for them some were sorry to see him go.
In our current predicament taking him on loan if that’s what happens wouldn’t be a bad thing IMO
- BarrowLad71
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 569
- Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
Just like that fella Canavan we signed from Bradford, he was a terrible player according to all the online chat.
He’s not done bad.
You see it all the time there’s not many times somebody actually says x is a decent player leaving their club. Cameron is an experienced centre half at a decent age.
St Johnstone are bottom of the league so I doubt they have a decent word to say about any of their players.
-
OnlineMisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5252
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
Except for Vale fans who told us Proctor and Worrall were class acts!BarrowLad71 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2025 10:13 amJust like that fella Canavan we signed from Bradford, he was a terrible player according to all the online chat.
He’s not done bad.
You see it all the time there’s not many times somebody actually says x is a decent player leaving their club. Cameron is an experienced centre half at a decent age.
St Johnstone are bottom of the league so I doubt they have a decent word to say about any of their players.
Don't let the old man in.
Re: January Signings?
I looked at Rooney and his past I thought what a donkey .blue nige wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2025 8:05 amHe can't be worse than stokes the guy was a liability!_bluebird_ wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2025 7:53 am
From what I've read about Cameron I can't say I'd be too much more excited. Hopefully just cover during an injury hit spell
It's a good job Ian Evatt didn't read about Scott Quigley or John Rooney they turned out to be 2 of our best signings who not only got us promotion but also kept us up !.
I always like to give player's a chance THEN judge let's just get behind our new signings and get up the league!
How wrong was I but I also think Evatt knew how to motivate lesser players.
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2881
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
You must have read different comments when we signed Canavan to the ones I saw because the most of the posts I read about him where very positive.BarrowLad71 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2025 10:13 amJust like that fella Canavan we signed from Bradford, he was a terrible player according to all the online chat.
He’s not done bad.
You see it all the time there’s not many times somebody actually says x is a decent player leaving their club. Cameron is an experienced centre half at a decent age.
St Johnstone are bottom of the league so I doubt they have a decent word to say about any of their players.
Re: January Signings?
Pretty sure Bradford fans were gutted to see him go and we’re very annoyed they’d sold their captain? I guess it is hard to judge, quigs was getting loads of stick when he signed for us and look how that panned out. Time will tellBarrowLad71 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2025 10:13 amJust like that fella Canavan we signed from Bradford, he was a terrible player according to all the online chat.
He’s not done bad.
You see it all the time there’s not many times somebody actually says x is a decent player leaving their club. Cameron is an experienced centre half at a decent age.
St Johnstone are bottom of the league so I doubt they have a decent word to say about any of their players.
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2841
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
Cameron was selected for the National League Team of the Year: 2022–23.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2025 10:07 amWe hardly In any position to buy a Rolls Royce centre half we and have no fit centre halves in the club. Cameron captained Notts to promotion from national league no mean feat. Did ok last season for county but fell out with the new manager and went on loan to St Johnstone. Notts fans were grateful for what he did for them some were sorry to see him go.
In our current predicament taking him on loan if that’s what happens wouldn’t be a bad thing IMO
This followed having been selected for the National League South Team of the Year: 2018–19.
That suggests to me there is quite a decent player there.
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2881
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
I agree that Stokes wasn't good enough but I don't think his performances were any worse than those of Telford, Garner, Kouyate, Kirk, Dallas and Mahoney which doesn't say much for any of them!blue nige wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2025 8:05 amHe can't be worse than stokes the guy was a liability!_bluebird_ wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2025 7:53 am
From what I've read about Cameron I can't say I'd be too much more excited. Hopefully just cover during an injury hit spell
It's a good job Ian Evatt didn't read about Scott Quigley or John Rooney they turned out to be 2 of our best signings who not only got us promotion but also kept us up !.
I always like to give player's a chance THEN judge let's just get behind our new signings and get up the league!
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
Certainly don’t think Stokes was a disaster. But the problem for anyone in central defence is living up to Canavans quality. We lack strong leadership without him. Cameron looks like he could bring some bite at the back. Stokes looked a little lightweight in that department.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2025 4:30 pmI agree that Stokes wasn't good enough but I don't think his performances were any worse than those of Telford, Garner, Kouyate, Kirk, Dallas and Mahoney which doesn't say much for any of them!blue nige wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2025 8:05 am
He can't be worse than stokes the guy was a liability!
It's a good job Ian Evatt didn't read about Scott Quigley or John Rooney they turned out to be 2 of our best signings who not only got us promotion but also kept us up !.
I always like to give player's a chance THEN judge let's just get behind our new signings and get up the league!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: bluessupporter, MisterPleasant and 20 guests