January Signings?
Re: January Signings?
Just heard Harrison Neal has signed for Pete Wild.
Re: January Signings?
Aye good bit of business for them. Undisclosed fee.
-
Windy Pete
- Member
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:04 am
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
I’d have had him back at Barrow to be honest.
Re: January Signings?
Strange kettle of fish was Harrison, undoubtedly had talent and could tackle and ping a football about with ease, as I'm sure you Southerners are well aware. However if he took those 'Diving Bell Metal Boots' off, then I'm sure he would be a real force to be reckoned with. I always though he'd make a decent centre half.
No doubt next Saturday he'll have the game of his life....aaaahhhh!!!
No doubt next Saturday he'll have the game of his life....aaaahhhh!!!
Re: January Signings?
Carlisle have made 8 signings I think.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2025 4:29 pm This January window is unlike any other January windows IMO. Many clubs in league 2 have done business very early in the window and I include us in that. IIRC previous January windows have seen most clubs leaving it late to conclude deals. Maybe the two deals we are currently working on are going to be late window deals.
Maybe the cash we have got is being kept back in case Clemence is made to walk the plank.
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3250
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
We have made five signings if you include Shamalo with only 3 going out and Worral coming back so id say the cash is already being used.Pedro wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2025 9:26 pm
Carlisle have made 8 signings I think.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2025 4:29 pm This January window is unlike any other January windows IMO. Many clubs in league 2 have done business very early in the window and I include us in that. IIRC previous January windows have seen most clubs leaving it late to conclude deals. Maybe the two deals we are currently working on are going to be late window deals.
Maybe the cash we have got is being kept back in case Clemence is made to walk the plank.
Re: January Signings?
Not saying it's not but if they are going to bring two more in at a later date as indicated they must have some cash and the window closes 3 rd February.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2025 9:31 pmWe have made five signings if you include Shamalo with only 3 going out and Worral coming back so id say the cash is already being used.
Plus if we get beat Saturday I am expecting the Manager to go.
Re: January Signings?
Three of the four signings are loans. Not 100% certain but don't think this usually involves any initial payment. It usually comes down to wages share which can be anything from 0 to 100 per cent. The fourth was from a non-league club and unless we faced stiff competition for his signature can't see that being anything higher than the lower end of five-figures.I'm sure Pedro is not the only one feeling that the lack of movement fot a whole week means money is being ring-fenced for possible Clemence compensation.However I prefer the common sense reasoning that deals are subject to other clubs settling deals to bring in replacements for players we want. There are 18 days until the window shuts. Lets have some patience.
-
liverpoolann
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 913
- Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
It being so cheerful that keeps you going Pedro but your posts always leave me quite deflated.As has been said whilst we cannot compete with splash the cash Carlisle still time left for other signings here.Just for once think positive!Pedro wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2025 10:06 pmNot saying it's not but if they are going to bring two more in at a later date as indicated they must have some cash and the window closes 3 rd February.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2025 9:31 pm
We have made five signings if you include Shamalo with only 3 going out and Worral coming back so id say the cash is already being used.
Plus if we get beat Saturday I am expecting the Manager to go.
Re: January Signings?
liverpoolann wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2025 11:32 pmIt being so cheerful that keeps you going Pedro but your posts always leave me quite deflated.As has been said whilst we cannot compete with splash the cash Carlisle still time left for other signings here.Just for once think positive!
[/quote
I don't think we need to have alot cash to bring in players ,it's a case of having a hungry person in charge.
Ray wilkie, Vic Halom ,the two Dave's and Evatt all gave us bang for our little bucks
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2881
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
IMO, Spence and Campbell are far superior to Harrison Neal and Gotts is about the same level. If Neal had any pace he could be a very decent player but as the chap from Carlisle has commented he moves as though he has lead in his boots.
Last edited by russell_anderson on Fri Jan 17, 2025 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
I think one of the two Daves was a Darren. You're thinking of Dave Myers.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
Re: January Signings?
Yeah I agree, I’d say all 3 are a level above him. I’d even add foley to that list too. Rated neal but ran like he was stuck in treacle. Loved his effort but as an athlete he was useless.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 1:06 amIMO, Spence and Campbell are far superior to Harrison Neal and Gotts is about the same level. If Neal had any pace he could be a very decent player but as the chap from Carlisle has comment he moves as though he has lead in his boots.
Re: January Signings?
Think we need a luca stephenson type player to slot in the midfield but they dont come around too often
Re: January Signings?
Tyler smith on loan
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: McMark, nottinghamblue and 9 guests