January Signings?
Re: January Signings?
Welcome back Tyler
Re: January Signings?
Strange I read only yesterday on the Bradford forum a poster suggested he should go somewhere like Barrow where he had the most success so far in his career. He has slipped down the pecking order at VP mainly suggested by posters because his style doesn't suit the managers tactics, The Tyler we had originally will do for me though won't satisfy certain regulars who will be expecting Messi for peanuts.
- 32mile_cul-de-sac
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2443
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 pm
Re: January Signings?
four have gone outMain Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2025 9:31 pmWe have made five signings if you include Shamalo with only 3 going out and Worral coming back so id say the cash is already being used.
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3247
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
In January ?32mile_cul-de-sac wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 11:24 amfour have gone outMain Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2025 9:31 pm
We have made five signings if you include Shamalo with only 3 going out and Worral coming back so id say the cash is already being used.
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
The problem is that the current Tyler may not be the same Tyler of years ago. We will see quickly enough. If he is then he will be a lot better than what we have currently.SKIPPER wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 10:48 am Strange I read only yesterday on the Bradford forum a poster suggested he should go somewhere like Barrow where he had the most success so far in his career. He has slipped down the pecking order at VP mainly suggested by posters because his style doesn't suit the managers tactics, The Tyler we had originally will do for me though won't satisfy certain regulars who will be expecting Messi for peanuts.
Last edited by russell_anderson on Fri Jan 17, 2025 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
Stokes, Mazeed, Dallas and Eccleston?
Lancashire;- born and bred
- 32mile_cul-de-sac
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2443
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 pm
Re: January Signings?
Andrew Dallas
Neo Eccleston
Mazeed Ogungbo
Chris Stokes.
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3247
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
Thinkyou I forgot about Stokes32mile_cul-de-sac wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 11:38 amAndrew Dallas
Neo Eccleston
Mazeed Ogungbo
Chris Stokes.
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
Like the inference that these players have been "lost". Stokes' contract ended, as did Dallas'. Mazeed as far as I'm aware is on loan and still a BAFC player. Eccleston was as far as I can tell sent back. Other than some oblique comments about Eccleston having some ability, its difficult to find a decent word expressed on this forum about any of them.
We do not have a dangerously small squad. So why their exit is being described in such negative terms is beyond me. The idea that Tyler Smith could not possibly be a better acquisition than Andy Dallas is strange. And unfortunately is in keeping with much of the dark negativity which atm is dominating debate on he forum.
IMO one of the things that I recall about Tyler Smith was thinking at the time that his attitude was in absolutely tune with that of the club. We actually accelerated his development. He is a mood player that excels within a certain system. He does (or did) exactly what none of our current forwards can seemingly do. He can turn defenders and run into space between them. And he worries defences with the thought that he poses a real goal threat. He's very quick over 5-10 meters. If he is joining us then that's a thumbs up from me. As long as SC has the ability to understand how to use him.
-
Big_Bluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1398
- Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
Here he is. Welcome home Tyler
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
Checks his goal scoring record since he was last here…..
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
We’re pleased to announce the signing of Tyler Smith on loan from Bradford City until the end of the season, subject to EFL approval.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: January Signings?
Barrow AFC
Share
We’re pleased to announce the signing of Tyler Smith on loan from Bradford City until the end of the season, subject to EFL approval.
The 26-year-old re-joins The Bluebirds, having had a previous loan spell to Holker Street during the first half of the 2018/2019 season.
During his first stint with The Bluebirds, Smith proved clinical, bagging a combined 12 goals and assists in just 23 outings.
After an impressive spell with Ian Evatt’s side, the young forward earned a loan move to League One side Doncaster Rovers for the remainder of the season, where he scored twice in 14 matches during their run to the Play-Off semi-final.
The Sheffield United academy graduate spent the best part of the following two seasons on loan at the likes of Swindon Town, Bristol Rovers and Rochdale before earning a permanent move to Championship side Hull City, where he remained for two seasons.
Following his stint at The MKM Stadium, Smith signed a three-year deal with Bradford City in the summer of 2023, where he’s racked up 54 appearances while bagging 12 goals.
Last season, the former Blade won the Golden Boot in the EFL Trophy after he netted six goals in The Bantams’ run to the semi-finals, where they lost out to League One side Wycombe Wanderers.
Speaking about re-joining Barrow until the end of the season, Smith said: “I’m really happy to be back. I can’t wait to get started, and I’m all ready to go.
“I think looking back, I had the best time of my career when I was here, so I’m happy to be back, and I can’t wait to get back on the pitch.”
He added: “After speaking to the Gaffer, speaking to Tayls [Jason Taylor], everything just felt right for me to be here. I’ve not played in a little while, so I can’t wait to be back playing.”
To listen to Tyler's full first interview, head over to our YouTube channel
Share
We’re pleased to announce the signing of Tyler Smith on loan from Bradford City until the end of the season, subject to EFL approval.
The 26-year-old re-joins The Bluebirds, having had a previous loan spell to Holker Street during the first half of the 2018/2019 season.
During his first stint with The Bluebirds, Smith proved clinical, bagging a combined 12 goals and assists in just 23 outings.
After an impressive spell with Ian Evatt’s side, the young forward earned a loan move to League One side Doncaster Rovers for the remainder of the season, where he scored twice in 14 matches during their run to the Play-Off semi-final.
The Sheffield United academy graduate spent the best part of the following two seasons on loan at the likes of Swindon Town, Bristol Rovers and Rochdale before earning a permanent move to Championship side Hull City, where he remained for two seasons.
Following his stint at The MKM Stadium, Smith signed a three-year deal with Bradford City in the summer of 2023, where he’s racked up 54 appearances while bagging 12 goals.
Last season, the former Blade won the Golden Boot in the EFL Trophy after he netted six goals in The Bantams’ run to the semi-finals, where they lost out to League One side Wycombe Wanderers.
Speaking about re-joining Barrow until the end of the season, Smith said: “I’m really happy to be back. I can’t wait to get started, and I’m all ready to go.
“I think looking back, I had the best time of my career when I was here, so I’m happy to be back, and I can’t wait to get back on the pitch.”
He added: “After speaking to the Gaffer, speaking to Tayls [Jason Taylor], everything just felt right for me to be here. I’ve not played in a little while, so I can’t wait to be back playing.”
To listen to Tyler's full first interview, head over to our YouTube channel
Re: January Signings?
He has played in Championship and EFL 1 and, though not 'prolific' he has scored goals. May have lost his way a bit at Bradford but he could be a very good signing. I note a comment from an interview he did at Bradford where he said he benefitted from a partnership with Cooky, so perhaps his success at Barrow will depend on who (ie what type of player) partners him.HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Jan 17, 2025 12:53 pmChecks his goal scoring record since he was last here…..
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bruce, Stephen Leonard and 15 guests