A major part of recruiting a player is the financial structure of any deal. Salary and contract length. Wood has experience in that department as he was an agent before joining us. That experience has undoubtedly and still is invaluable to the club and is why he is one of the three part recruitment team.bluessupporter wrote: ↑Sun Nov 23, 2025 10:58 pm I don't deny all the marvellous things which Wood has done and is still doing - it's a real boon to the club.
However I may be wrong but it seems he is having an undue influence when it comes to buying players. That used to be the prerogative of the team manager as was - head coach as now is - and it was his decision who to buy.
I may be completely wrong but I get the feeling that Wild left because he felt that Wood was having too much influence over the signing of players.
I know they now say that Wood, Whing and Harvey all contribute to the signing of players, but I would rather see the Whing and Harvey do it on their own as the two men who have had more experience on the footballing side.
Other than saying yes or no to who we can or cannot afford I don’t believe he has a bigger say than Whing or Harvey when it comes to identifying targets. That is a collective that all three have to agree on