Spot on, people are commentating on desire etc ,in January it's difficult unless you spend a fortune, Gallagher insists on 3 at the back so didn't sign either a right back or wingback ( think he thought Barkhuizen was the answer) did no one from the board tell him he isn't?Gazza wrote: ↑Sun Feb 08, 2026 9:40 amIt’s only more defensive if you have wing backs who can defend and we don’t! The only way wing backs work is if they are full backs primarily but can overlap like full backs used to do! We’ve had plenty of ‘attacking’ full backs in the past and that’s what we need now.Barrow afc 2018 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 07, 2026 8:37 pm Before we win we have to learn not to lose, I thought playing three at the back was supposed to be more defensive. It doesn’t seem to be doing us any good.
So we are stuck with this system to have any chance Foley needs to be thrown in we can't wait till our sports science/ physios decide he can only play 50 minutes or whatever we have to bite the bullet here I'm certain he'd play at the drop ot a hat if allowed oh for a George Ray or even a Feely these guys put their bodies on the line BUT our hierarchy keep dreaming about entertainment/ Barrowcelona football that was a one off !
I look at our squad I'd rip up the entertainment part and pick a boring team that'll block tackle everything and play a high press but I hand on heart can't see who that would be !