We need more of the games advertised better posters in town bill boards on way into barrow etc if it doesn't pop up on Facebook or x you wouldn't know barrow had a game to play.if I had a pound for the amount of times people ask me where's barrow playing this week I would be doing ok.behind the goals wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:16 pm Let's not start we need a new ground and stick with the post title, great win last night and on to Saturday
Barrow v Scunthorpe match thread
-
cottingham bluebird
- Senior Member
- Posts: 253
- Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:06 pm
- Location: The promised land
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Scunthorpe match thread
-
Bingley Blue
- Senior Member
- Posts: 344
- Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:16 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Scunthorpe match thread
Thats not the point I'm making. 80 and 85 minutes on a yellow is a risk, especially with the way we play.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Scunthorpe match thread
It's not the sixties please are you telling me most people don't have access to the Internet there's absolutely no excuses here !cottingham bluebird wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:25 pmWe need more of the games advertised better posters in town bill boards on way into barrow etc if it doesn't pop up on Facebook or x you wouldn't know barrow had a game to play.if I had a pound for the amount of times people ask me where's barrow playing this week I would be doing ok.behind the goals wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:16 pm Let's not start we need a new ground and stick with the post title, great win last night and on to Saturday
Re: Barrow v Scunthorpe match thread
Without going into new ground debate, atmosphere at HS can be very flat. There’s no denying that. Fans likely to return to be part of a big match day atmosphere. If we could create half the atmosphere at home matches as I know our away fans do then that creates something fans want to come back to.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: Barrow v Scunthorpe match thread
blue nige wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:49 pmIt's not the sixties please are you telling me most people don't have access to the Internet there's absolutely no excuses here !cottingham bluebird wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:25 pm
We need more of the games advertised better posters in town bill boards on way into barrow etc if it doesn't pop up on Facebook or x you wouldn't know barrow had a game to play.if I had a pound for the amount of times people ask me where's barrow playing this week I would be doing ok.
-
Richard Ingham
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5116
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
- Location: Chorley
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Scunthorpe match thread
Come and see us in the Trust office on the weekend and and we’ll give you a load of fixture cards for your friends so they don’t need to ask you all the time.cottingham bluebird wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:25 pmWe need more of the games advertised better posters in town bill boards on way into barrow etc if it doesn't pop up on Facebook or x you wouldn't know barrow had a game to play.if I had a pound for the amount of times people ask me where's barrow playing this week I would be doing ok.behind the goals wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:16 pm Let's not start we need a new ground and stick with the post title, great win last night and on to Saturday
Re: Barrow v Scunthorpe match thread
I think, making the Wilkie Stand full length from the Holker End to the floodlight house would help to create a much better atmosphere-and obviously give more protection once the larger crowds start to materialise.
-
behind the goals
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2252
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Scunthorpe match thread
The Referee overreacted booking Kalambayi and Ashbee after 5mins it wasn't even handbags other players getting involved resulting in both getting booked after that can't remember Kalambayi giving a foul away, it's not always the fault of the players just Referees not being consistent.
Re: Barrow v Scunthorpe match thread
The second half performance yesterday as good as anything I've seen from Barrow in the last two seasons. I must admit l have been one of the first to condem this Barrow side but at the moment the whole team are playing for each other and it's a good watch throughout the team, particularly the wide players who seem to be causing havoc every time they touch the ball. Let's hope the Barrow crowd come back in large numbers because they are missing a treat, wide men who are causing chaos by running at opponents defence.
Re: Barrow v Scunthorpe match thread
The second half performance yesterday as good as anything I've seen from Barrow in the last two seasons. I must admit l have been one of the first to condem this Barrow side but at the moment the whole team are playing for each other and it's a good watch throughout the team, particularly the wide players who seem to be causing havoc every time they touch the ball. Let's hope the Barrow crowd come back in large numbers because they are missing a treat, wide men who are causing chaos by running at opponents defence.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Tony and 16 guests