Sack Dunn

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
tictactoe
Platinum Member
Posts: 3547
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by tictactoe » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:09 pm

In all honesty all I want is for us to stay in the league, one place above relegation will do for me never had any ideas of mid table or above. That said if we stay with Dunn we will be lucky imo to stay up. Said I didn’t think he was the right appointment from the start and nothing I’ve seen or heard has changed my opinion. We all know we don’t have any money but losing the cost of getting rid to the cost of dropping back down to national league, it’s worth the risk.

Not everyone will agree with me, everyone’s entitled to an opinion, no need for people slating each other if your opinions are different
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it

April1972
Senior Member
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by April1972 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:28 pm

If we had appointed a proven EFL manager and he then took us down I don’t think many of us would have much gripe.
The fact is if DD takes us down then despite all that the current Board has done for us they will be berated for their choice and will only be remembered for that.
It was a very bizarre decision. Safe hands were required - not a punt in the dark.

Bottleofsass
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Bottleofsass » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:42 pm

Get rid of the lot now before it's too late. Including that Levi fella.

Clean slate with people experienced for this level.

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7133
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by blue nige » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:52 pm

Barrowabc wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:44 pm
blue nige wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:56 pm

you're right just like the semester remark above 🤔
You are a cock nige
wow devastated by that remark I'm soooooo hurt 🤣

Reginald
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Reginald » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:53 pm

As I write this-Carlisel are currently 2-0 up Against Salford.
Anyone reading this will know in their heart of hearts that given our current form, and their is nothing to suggest that our form is going to change anytime soon, Salford will come to Holker Street on Saturday and leave with three points.
I am somewhat of a soft hearted person but-I have waited for the Football League since 1972 after I first tasted it in 1967. As much as I don't want to say it I have to. I like Dunny, I really do, he sounds a lovely fella-need I say anymore.

April1972
Senior Member
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by April1972 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:48 pm

League table not looking good this evening.
Mansfield win at Cambridge and Stevenage get a point away as well.
It’s not even Xmas and we’re looking at everyone else’s results.

Barra Marra
Bronze Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Barra Marra » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:56 pm

April1972 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:48 pm League table not looking good this evening.
Mansfield win at Cambridge and Stevenage get a point away as well.
It’s not even Xmas and we’re looking at everyone else’s results.
This is why, if the board are going to make a decision, they have to make it soon. If things continue in this vein until January, it will be too late.

Again, before anyone jumps down my throat, I hope David Dunn pulls it out of the bag, I really do. I'd love to see him do well and I hope he makes changes and gets the team playing the way we know they can, rather than plodding on with what we're doing now in the hopes it comes good.

Get rid or keep the faith. Either way, make a decision rather than let it drag on too long.
We hate Carlisle United, we hate Workington too (and Morecambe), we hate Accrington Stanley but Barrow we love you :scarf:

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11320
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by McMark » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:04 pm

Not getting twitchy yet but Scun thorpe is looking a very big game all of a sudden!!

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7133
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by blue nige » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:14 pm

McMark wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:04 pm Not getting twitchy yet but Scun thorpe is looking a very big game all of a sudden!!
mark every game now is massive!

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11320
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by McMark » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:17 pm

They were from the very start bud!
But the lead up to and including Scunny are pivotal for me! Hoping for five points in those next three games.

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by MisterPleasant » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:22 pm

Barra Marra wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:56 pm
Get rid or keep the faith. Either way, make a decision rather than let it drag on too long.
But if the decision is 'keep the faith' how will you know? and that it's not just letting it drag on too long. You don't want the dreaded 'vote of confidence' do you? :D
Don't let the old man in.

Barra Marra
Bronze Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Barra Marra » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:28 pm

MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:22 pm
Barra Marra wrote: ↑Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:56 pm
Get rid or keep the faith. Either way, make a decision rather than let it drag on too long.
But if the decision is 'keep the faith' how will you know? and that it's not just letting it drag on too long. You don't want the dreaded 'vote of confidence' do you? :D
Good point well made :lol:
I suppose it's something that the board will know and we won't, unless they decide to make a change or, indeed, the "vote of confidence". Which is basically saying we're in the market anyway
We hate Carlisle United, we hate Workington too (and Morecambe), we hate Accrington Stanley but Barrow we love you :scarf:

alvin
Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by alvin » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:54 am

All the experts who wants DD the please stay away Saturday ur boring the tits off me,

Arabian Bluebird
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Arabian Bluebird » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:09 am

In an ideal situation, I don't think anybody would want to get rid of their manager after 15 games. But this is our first season back in the league for nearly 50 years. The Conference is a competitive league and if we go down in our first season it would be catastrophic. As Kieran said, I don't think the club would recover. It would be years before we are even challenging for it.

We have invested a lot of time and money in preparing our stadium for league 2. It is imperative that we get at least a few years in the league covid free for revenue purposes.

To those who keep saying back Dunn and keep the faith etc. Have you seen anything from the first 15 games to suggest that we are going to turn it around anytime soon? There have been a few games where we have looked a good side. Can Dunn motivate a team? One of our best performance I've seen(seen nearly all of them) was probably against Derby, where the players didn't need motivating. He certainly doesn't inspire the fans and judging by the start/performance on Tuesday he can't motivate his team either.

Some of the signings we have made remind me of my early days on Football Manager. You would buy lads you've heard of, got a name, always getting on in years and often you didn't really have a plan for them you'd just sign them. 8 of Tuesdays starting line up were Evatt's players and Luke James who is obviously already known to us. This suggests he doesn't believe in the ones he's signed.

I don't think Dunn believes he's the man either. His win record in football management is incredibly poor and he must know that. As previously mentioned, the way Dunn was appointed without interviewing other candidates to make the process easier, seems like a big mistake.

I was underwhelmed when he was appointed and I'm incredibly underwhelmed now.

I think the board need to be making a contingency plan and act very soon, getting the process right this time.

Just because people don't think he's the right man doesn't mean they are any less of a fan. I've been all over watching them over the years and a lot of people I know, who also follow all over are getting very worried as well. I appreciate how bad we've had it and how big of a deal getting promoted was. Let's not have any what-ifs or hindsight come the end of the season.

Arabian Bluebird
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Arabian Bluebird » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:10 am

alvin wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:54 am All the experts who wants DD the please stay away Saturday ur boring the tits off me,
Happy clappers who are blindly following and believing in Dunn do my tits in as well.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests