Sack Dunn

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Barrowabc » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:15 am

alvin wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:54 am All the experts who wants DD the please stay away Saturday ur boring the tits off me,
Wtf, don't make sense,
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4101
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Bingo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:04 am

I'm sure everyone who goes to the game on Saturday will get behind the team

I feel we have some good players and nobody has outplayed us but we need results and points

There will be lots more twists and turns this season

User avatar
Bombadel
Silver Member
Posts: 1459
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Bombadel » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:55 am

looking forward to saturday, as mentioned its been fine margins this season, DD still has plenty of time to turn it around.

Reginald
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Reginald » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:11 am

Bingo wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:04 am I'm sure everyone who goes to the game on Saturday will get behind the team

I feel we have some good players and nobody has outplayed us but we need results and points

There will be lots more twists and turns this season
Of course people who go to the game will get behind the team.
There are 'always' twists and turns.
The fact remains this manager is to nice, he isn't up to it.
Of course we have 'some' good players but, overall, not good enough.
Salford were beaten in Cumbria last night.
We all know what's going to happen on Saturday-all the excuses under the sun after another defeat.
Act now before its too late.

Big E
Gold Member
Posts: 1861
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 am
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Big E » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:20 am

Reginald wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:11 am
Bingo wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:04 am I'm sure everyone who goes to the game on Saturday will get behind the team

I feel we have some good players and nobody has outplayed us but we need results and points

There will be lots more twists and turns this season
Of course people who go to the game will get behind the team.
There are 'always' twists and turns.
The fact remains this manager is to nice, he isn't up to it.
Of course we have 'some' good players but, overall, not good enough.
Salford were beaten in Cumbria last night.
We all know what's going to happen on Saturday-all the excuses under the sun after another defeat.
Act now before its too late.
How do you know he's too nice?

I think most of his post match interviews etc have been honest and pretty spot on.
He comes across as measured in his interviews, sone may see it as boring or timid, but unless you have a source inside the changing room, that's just speculation.

A few times he's turned up for post game chats looking very agitated, but controls it for the camera.

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Pedro » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:37 am

alvin wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:54 am All the experts who wants DD the please stay away Saturday ur boring the tits off me,
People are entitled to their views.
I've been at games where we had a few hundred when we were kicked out of the league and when we played Luton in the league with a crowd of 7,000.

I do not care about you or David Dunn ,Barrow AFC survival is paramount .
2 wins says it all ,he is not up to the job,he was not right when he was given the job and I said so and that gives me no pleasure.

So understand it's about views its not 1939 and we are not brown shirts.

Big E
Gold Member
Posts: 1861
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 am
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Big E » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:38 am

Pedro wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:37 am
alvin wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:54 am All the experts who wants DD the please stay away Saturday ur boring the tits off me,
People are entitled to their views.
I've been at games where we had a few hundred when we were kicked out of the league and when we played Luton in the league with a crowd of 7,000.

I do not care about you or David Dunn ,Barrow AFC survival is paramount .
2 wins says it all ,he is not up to the job,he was not right when he was given the job and I said so and that gives me no pleasure.

So understand it's about views its not 1939 and we are not brown shirts.
But it would appear only your view matters...

Reginald
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Reginald » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:44 am

Pedro wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:37 am
alvin wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:54 am All the experts who wants DD the please stay away Saturday ur boring the tits off me,
People are entitled to their views.
I've been at games where we had a few hundred when we were kicked out of the league and when we played Luton in the league with a crowd of 7,000.

I do not care about you or David Dunn ,Barrow AFC survival is paramount .
2 wins says it all ,he is not up to the job,he was not right when he was given the job and I said so and that gives me no pleasure.

So understand it's about views its not 1939 and we are not brown shirts.
Absolutely spot on.

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by MisterPleasant » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:55 am

Arabian Bluebird wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:10 am
alvin wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:54 am All the experts who wants DD the please stay away Saturday ur boring the tits off me,
Happy clappers who are blindly following and believing in Dunn do my tits in as well.
Oh dear, that really is a clichéd and hackneyed old saw. To suggest that those with a differing opinion to yours are somehow living in an alternate reality where everything in the garden is rosy is, speaking for myself, completely wrong. Do you honestly believe that any supporter wants to be in this position? Do you think that because someone has a different answer to the - very real - problems they don't know they exist? Do you think that the board members, by extension, are all "happy clappers"? Just because not everyone follows like sheep the knee-jerk 'sack the manager' trope doesn't make them fantasists.

P.S. I'm not interested in the condition of your tits, either. :P
Don't let the old man in.

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Pedro » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:03 pm

Big E wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:38 am
Pedro wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:37 am

People are entitled to their views.
I've been at games where we had a few hundred when we were kicked out of the league and when we played Luton in the league with a crowd of 7,000.

I do not care about you or David Dunn ,Barrow AFC survival is paramount .
2 wins says it all ,he is not up to the job,he was not right when he was given the job and I said so and that gives me no pleasure.

So understand it's about views its not 1939 and we are not brown shirts.
But it would appear only your view matters...
I think that maybe your view and the Alvin's he states people should stay away if they have a view other than his.
In 52 years of supporting Barrow I've had different views to others it's what you call democracy
I remember when we played Boston my view did matter because we had a few gobshites shouting at the black player Jim Kabia and I intervened that's when I am intolerant
Kabia was about to get over the fence to fight one of the abusers after having got sick of the abuse which I will not repeat.

So everyone's view is valid as long as its not abusive
Last edited by Pedro on Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PerthBluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by PerthBluebird » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:05 pm

Dunn’s twitter feed this morning , he reads this forum for sure
All opinions expressed are my own , not here to cause kick off just enact debate.

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by MisterPleasant » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:44 pm

His last Twitter post was yesterday and reads "If you're going through hell, keep going" accompanying an image of light at the end of the tunnel. That is all.
Don't let the old man in.

Chris Benoit
Gold Member
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by Chris Benoit » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:52 pm

FWIW I will be at the game Saturday and fully behind the team. Of course I want Dunn to succeed but I also want to ensure we get to watch us play EFL football when normality returns. I just don't, at this moment in time, see Dunn being the right man. I'd absolutely love for him to prove me wrong.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.

If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.

saltcellar
Platinum Member
Posts: 2841
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by saltcellar » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:58 pm

Reginald wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:11 am
Bingo wrote: ↑Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:04 am I'm sure everyone who goes to the game on Saturday will get behind the team

I feel we have some good players and nobody has outplayed us but we need results and points

There will be lots more twists and turns this season
Of course people who go to the game will get behind the team.
There are 'always' twists and turns.
The fact remains this manager is to nice, he isn't up to it.
Of course we have 'some' good players but, overall, not good enough.
Salford were beaten in Cumbria last night.
We all know what's going to happen on Saturday-all the excuses under the sun after another defeat.
Act now before its too late.
Has David Dunn made any excuses after a match this season?
I think he has been honest after every game.
Win, lose or draw.

Online
User avatar
32mile_cul-de-sac
Gold Member
Posts: 2443
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 pm

Re: Sack Dunn

Post by 32mile_cul-de-sac » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:30 pm

at some point the board are going to have to make a decision if results dont improve, every manager in the country will say its a results based business and indeed it is. Think DD will get to the new year to turn it around results wise.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 32mile_cul-de-sac, blue nige and 19 guests