I follow

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
John_Bucks
Gold Member
Posts: 2368
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by John_Bucks » Tue May 07, 2024 2:49 pm

I had the Ipswich game on on Saturday and I pressed the red button which usually gives you a recap so I could see the goals and instead I was presented with every game of the final day that I could pick and choose from at will. I assume that will be the case next season.
Life is always better when it's better

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by blue nige » Tue May 07, 2024 3:15 pm

John_Bucks wrote: ↑Tue May 07, 2024 2:49 pm I had the Ipswich game on on Saturday and I pressed the red button which usually gives you a recap so I could see the goals and instead I was presented with every game of the final day that I could pick and choose from at will. I assume that will be the case next season.
Wish I`d have known that ! :lol:

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Adam29 » Tue May 07, 2024 7:57 pm

John_Bucks wrote: ↑Tue May 07, 2024 2:49 pm I had the Ipswich game on on Saturday and I pressed the red button which usually gives you a recap so I could see the goals and instead I was presented with every game of the final day that I could pick and choose from at will. I assume that will be the case next season.
Every game on the opening day
Every game on the last day
And all mid week games

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Adam29 » Wed May 08, 2024 12:26 pm

IMG_2927.jpeg
IMG_2927.jpeg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 5061 times
Not seen any further details but posted by Sky today

No addition so likely just means as long as you have a Sky sports subscription you can choose to have this option added

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3247
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Wed May 08, 2024 1:06 pm

According to this report published today we will be on tv at least 20 times next season. Expect KO times and the day games are played to be moved and maybe some very early departures for those travelling to away games. Remember folks the TV comes first and fans needs last with these big broadcasters
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ckout.html

John_Bucks
Gold Member
Posts: 2368
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by John_Bucks » Wed May 08, 2024 1:14 pm

I actually think this change is excellent.

Got my season ticket, plenty of really doable away games (Salford, Bradford, Tranmere, Fleetwood, Carlisle etc. etc.) and sometimes, even when I can't go, it'll be on the TV.

This might be the season I see the most Barrow games since Covid. Count me in.
Life is always better when it's better

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3425
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: I follow

Post by bluessupporter » Wed May 08, 2024 2:23 pm


bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3425
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: I follow

Post by bluessupporter » Wed May 08, 2024 2:27 pm

Just wonder how much this will affect attendances. Presumably clubs will be compensated by Sky or the EFL. :)

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Adam29 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:43 pm


User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Adam29 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:44 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Wed May 08, 2024 2:27 pm Just wonder how much this will affect attendances. Presumably clubs will be compensated by Sky or the EFL. :)
Tv.money has gone up

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3247
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Wed May 08, 2024 4:24 pm

Adam29 wrote: ↑Wed May 08, 2024 2:44 pm
bluessupporter wrote: ↑Wed May 08, 2024 2:27 pm Just wonder how much this will affect attendances. Presumably clubs will be compensated by Sky or the EFL. :)
Tv.money has gone up
Will the increase in TV money compensate for the inevitable drop in attendances? and no doubt agents will point to the rise in tv money as a justification for asking for money for their clients.

Methuselah
Silver Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Methuselah » Wed May 08, 2024 7:03 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Wed May 08, 2024 2:27 pm Just wonder how much this will affect attendances. Presumably clubs will be compensated by Sky or the EFL. :)
It won,t be a problem for me as I don,t have Sky and won,t be getting it.I will carry on listening on Radio Cumbria.As for the attendances I will be going to as many matches as I am able to and if everyone follows my example the attendances shouldn,t drop and you won,t be giving your money to a greedy conglomerate.

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8337
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by HenneysKnee » Wed May 08, 2024 8:02 pm

I’m not sure it will affect our attendances much myself; the biggest thing it will do eventually is get rid of the 3pm blackout

Desmond2-2
Silver Member
Posts: 1250
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:13 pm
Contact:

Re: I follow

Post by Desmond2-2 » Thu May 09, 2024 8:01 am

Sky has now become ridiculously unaffordable to many, just get a “ dodgy stick” like half the population.

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3425
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: I follow

Post by bluessupporter » Thu May 09, 2024 9:07 am

Desmond2-2 wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 8:01 am Sky has now become ridiculously unaffordable to many, just get a “ dodgy stick” like half the population.
Not sure about the dodgy stick but you're right about Sky. I am currently paying around £65 pm with a month to go and they want around £95 for the new contract. I usually negotiate but the ability to do that seems to have gone under the new ownership. I am looking at EE which seems to give me Sky and TNT (which I don't have now) at a cost of around £70 plus all the usual terrestrial channels.

Has anyone got an EE TV package - if so what's it like?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests