I follow
-
OnlineJohn_Bucks
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: I follow
I had the Ipswich game on on Saturday and I pressed the red button which usually gives you a recap so I could see the goals and instead I was presented with every game of the final day that I could pick and choose from at will. I assume that will be the case next season.
Life is always better when it's better
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: I follow
Wish I`d have known that !John_Bucks wrote: ↑Tue May 07, 2024 2:49 pm I had the Ipswich game on on Saturday and I pressed the red button which usually gives you a recap so I could see the goals and instead I was presented with every game of the final day that I could pick and choose from at will. I assume that will be the case next season.
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: I follow
Every game on the opening dayJohn_Bucks wrote: ↑Tue May 07, 2024 2:49 pm I had the Ipswich game on on Saturday and I pressed the red button which usually gives you a recap so I could see the goals and instead I was presented with every game of the final day that I could pick and choose from at will. I assume that will be the case next season.
Every game on the last day
And all mid week games
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: I follow
Not seen any further details but posted by Sky today
No addition so likely just means as long as you have a Sky sports subscription you can choose to have this option added
No addition so likely just means as long as you have a Sky sports subscription you can choose to have this option added
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3247
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: I follow
According to this report published today we will be on tv at least 20 times next season. Expect KO times and the day games are played to be moved and maybe some very early departures for those travelling to away games. Remember folks the TV comes first and fans needs last with these big broadcasters
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ckout.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ckout.html
-
OnlineJohn_Bucks
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: I follow
I actually think this change is excellent.
Got my season ticket, plenty of really doable away games (Salford, Bradford, Tranmere, Fleetwood, Carlisle etc. etc.) and sometimes, even when I can't go, it'll be on the TV.
This might be the season I see the most Barrow games since Covid. Count me in.
Got my season ticket, plenty of really doable away games (Salford, Bradford, Tranmere, Fleetwood, Carlisle etc. etc.) and sometimes, even when I can't go, it'll be on the TV.
This might be the season I see the most Barrow games since Covid. Count me in.
Life is always better when it's better
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3425
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3425
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: I follow
Just wonder how much this will affect attendances. Presumably clubs will be compensated by Sky or the EFL. 
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: I follow
Tv.money has gone upbluessupporter wrote: ↑Wed May 08, 2024 2:27 pm Just wonder how much this will affect attendances. Presumably clubs will be compensated by Sky or the EFL.![]()
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3247
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: I follow
Will the increase in TV money compensate for the inevitable drop in attendances? and no doubt agents will point to the rise in tv money as a justification for asking for money for their clients.Adam29 wrote: ↑Wed May 08, 2024 2:44 pmTv.money has gone upbluessupporter wrote: ↑Wed May 08, 2024 2:27 pm Just wonder how much this will affect attendances. Presumably clubs will be compensated by Sky or the EFL.![]()
-
Methuselah
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: I follow
It won,t be a problem for me as I don,t have Sky and won,t be getting it.I will carry on listening on Radio Cumbria.As for the attendances I will be going to as many matches as I am able to and if everyone follows my example the attendances shouldn,t drop and you won,t be giving your money to a greedy conglomerate.bluessupporter wrote: ↑Wed May 08, 2024 2:27 pm Just wonder how much this will affect attendances. Presumably clubs will be compensated by Sky or the EFL.![]()
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: I follow
I’m not sure it will affect our attendances much myself; the biggest thing it will do eventually is get rid of the 3pm blackout
-
Desmond2-2
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1250
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: I follow
Sky has now become ridiculously unaffordable to many, just get a “ dodgy stick” like half the population.
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3425
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: I follow
Not sure about the dodgy stick but you're right about Sky. I am currently paying around £65 pm with a month to go and they want around £95 for the new contract. I usually negotiate but the ability to do that seems to have gone under the new ownership. I am looking at EE which seems to give me Sky and TNT (which I don't have now) at a cost of around £70 plus all the usual terrestrial channels.Desmond2-2 wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 8:01 am Sky has now become ridiculously unaffordable to many, just get a “ dodgy stick” like half the population.
Has anyone got an EE TV package - if so what's it like?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Esso Blue, John_Bucks, MikeRenney and 25 guests