I follow
- Esso Blue
- Senior Member
- Posts: 425
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:59 pm
- Location: Buckinghamshire
- Contact:
Re: I follow
A question for Adam - what is the position regarding your commentary for next season? BBC and iFollow had a good arrangement but I’m not sure that BBC and Sky will be quite so comfortable. Will your commentary on RC be available for all games?
Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom.....
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: I follow
All ee gives you is now tv sky sports !, the new sky channel is going to be called Sky Sports Plus and the games will be Friday Saturday Sunday afternoons I know everyone doesn't work at BAE but this will effect people on shifts therefore changing our attendances!bluessupporter wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 9:07 amNot sure about the dodgy stick but you're right about Sky. I am currently paying around £65 pm with a month to go and they want around £95 for the new contract. I usually negotiate but the ability to do that seems to have gone under the new ownership. I am looking at EE which seems to give me Sky and TNT (which I don't have now) at a cost of around £70 plus all the usual terrestrial channels.Desmond2-2 wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 8:01 am Sky has now become ridiculously unaffordable to many, just get a “ dodgy stick” like half the population.
Has anyone got an EE TV package - if so what's it like?
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: I follow
I’ll be on the radio as normal nothing changes on my front
Uk residents will still get audio commentary on the club website
And iFollow will still exist for people based abroad
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3425
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: I follow
Thanks for that. I have looked up EE on TrustPilot and their reviews are poor. No doubt most of them relate to their mobile phone service, but I think I'll give it a swerve anyway.blue nige wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 12:14 pmAll ee gives you is now tv sky sports !, the new sky channel is going to be called Sky Sports Plus and the games will be Friday Saturday Sunday afternoons I know everyone doesn't work at BAE but this will effect people on shifts therefore changing our attendances!bluessupporter wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 9:07 am
Not sure about the dodgy stick but you're right about Sky. I am currently paying around £65 pm with a month to go and they want around £95 for the new contract. I usually negotiate but the ability to do that seems to have gone under the new ownership. I am looking at EE which seems to give me Sky and TNT (which I don't have now) at a cost of around £70 plus all the usual terrestrial channels.
Has anyone got an EE TV package - if so what's it like?![]()
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: I follow
Yeah I had it with Bt and you don't get offers like you do from Now tv so I ditched it !bluessupporter wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 12:24 pmThanks for that. I have looked up EE on TrustPilot and their reviews are poor. No doubt most of them relate to their mobile phone service, but I think I'll give it a swerve anyway.blue nige wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 12:14 pm
All ee gives you is now tv sky sports !, the new sky channel is going to be called Sky Sports Plus and the games will be Friday Saturday Sunday afternoons I know everyone doesn't work at BAE but this will effect people on shifts therefore changing our attendances!![]()
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: I follow
Hopefully they can still all be steamed illegally
Re: I follow
Will be less money from me next season then I can only really do a Saturday maybe an odd Sunday but cannot attend on a Friday night assume others in the same boat and not just our club
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3246
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: I follow
IMO Attendances will be down generally next season across both league one and two due to this tv deal. Along with agents asking for more money for players citing the extra TV money I doubt clubs in the lower leagues will be much better off financially if at all.
-
Methuselah
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: I follow
In that case is this tv deal.such a god deal after all?It could sound the death nell for a lot of the smaller clubs if their attendances decrease.It will suit a lot of the larger clubs who will no doubt get most of the tv coverage ,also because of the increased money the agents will no doubt increase the amount demanded from.them for players which would exclude a lot of clubs competing for players with maybe six clubs in each league competing for the same group.of players.I seem to think that Pete Wild's method of finding previous unknown players in the lower divisions might turn out to.be our clubs best way of surviving in the current situation.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 9:28 pmIMO Attendances will be down generally next season across both league one and two due to this tv deal. Along with agents asking for more money for players citing the extra TV money I doubt clubs in the lower leagues will be much better off financially if at all.
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3246
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: I follow
An interesting take from Carlisle CEO Nigel Cribbins on the TV deal. Saying that clubs will now get no money from IFollow and the tv deal will leave them around £130k a season better off. Info in link belowMethuselah wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 10:05 pmIn that case is this tv deal.such a god deal after all?It could sound the death nell for a lot of the smaller clubs if their attendances decrease.It will suit a lot of the larger clubs who will no doubt get most of the tv coverage ,also because of the increased money the agents will no doubt increase the amount demanded from.them for players which would exclude a lot of clubs competing for players with maybe six clubs in each league competing for the same group.of players.I seem to think that Pete Wild's method of finding previous unknown players in the lower divisions might turn out to.be our clubs best way of surviving in the current situation.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 9:28 pm
IMO Attendances will be down generally next season across both league one and two due to this tv deal. Along with agents asking for more money for players citing the extra TV money I doubt clubs in the lower leagues will be much better off financially if at all.
https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/2431 ... -efl-deal/
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: I follow
Yeah but you only need 10 player's to ask for a pay rise say £100 a week and that's £50,000 gone!Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Fri May 10, 2024 9:22 amAn interesting take from Carlisle CEO Nigel Cribbins on the TV deal. Saying that clubs will now get no money from IFollow and the tv deal will leave them around £130k a season better off. Info in link belowMethuselah wrote: ↑Thu May 09, 2024 10:05 pm
In that case is this tv deal.such a god deal after all?It could sound the death nell for a lot of the smaller clubs if their attendances decrease.It will suit a lot of the larger clubs who will no doubt get most of the tv coverage ,also because of the increased money the agents will no doubt increase the amount demanded from.them for players which would exclude a lot of clubs competing for players with maybe six clubs in each league competing for the same group.of players.I seem to think that Pete Wild's method of finding previous unknown players in the lower divisions might turn out to.be our clubs best way of surviving in the current situation.
https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/2431 ... -efl-deal/
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3246
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: I follow
Exactly.... Its a very poor deal IMO and its the fans that will suffer with numerous changes in KO times.blue nige wrote: ↑Fri May 10, 2024 11:39 amYeah but you only need 10 player's to ask for a pay rise say £100 a week and that's £50,000 gone!Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Fri May 10, 2024 9:22 am
An interesting take from Carlisle CEO Nigel Cribbins on the TV deal. Saying that clubs will now get no money from IFollow and the tv deal will leave them around £130k a season better off. Info in link below
https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/2431 ... -efl-deal/
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3425
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: I follow
And if those kick-off times don't suit, it could be more convenient to sit in front of Sky for nothing!Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Fri May 10, 2024 11:55 am
Exactly.... Its a very poor deal IMO and its the fans that will suffer with numerous changes in KO times.
Re: I follow
The notional pay rise for the ten players only becomes as issue if their employers agree!
THE NORTHERN WAY
-
Burnage Bluebird
- Member
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:18 pm
- Location: Burnage
- Contact:
Re: I follow
In the past, fans have suffered from late scheduling changes, so we are delighted that the EFL and Sky have committed to announcing all TV fixtures until January at the start of the season.Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Fri May 10, 2024 11:55 amExactly.... Its a very poor deal IMO and its the fans that will suffer with numerous changes in KO times.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: spirit of 1990 and 27 guests